Site Status For Friday 04/08

tenjuna

• Site Owner

things are moving along very well now....here is a recap:

- added 2 new servers to take over Active Directory, Gaming, IRC, E-mail, and DNS servers (the server handling e-mail is about to be replaced already)

- rebuilt old gaming server to be the new database server (which is about to rebuilt yet again to be the new e-mail server)

- purchased and installed yet another new database server, which doubles the power of the one I just rebuilt 2 weeks ago

- upgraded the web server to Windows 2000 and added RAID 5

- upgraded the network to Cisco Catalyst switches, and bumped speed from 128k SDSL to 384k SDSL, then again to 768k SDSL

here is what is left to do:

- build and install e-mail server v3.0 (can't do this until hard drives arrive next week)

- release free e-mail feature (will do after e-mail server is up)

- release free vent, irc, chat features (will do once c2oc web site is rebuilt)

- build teamgaming.net and sologaming.net

- rebuild tenjuna.com along with music store and radio shows

- build warsguild.com (maybe, I am losing interest in Guild Wars)

- find the excuse to upgrade to 1.5 meg SDSL

- have a beer

• Site Owner

well I started working on this the end of February...basically once I quit selling my d2 stuff.

I have been plugging away at it when I have time/money/patience to do so.

the last 3 weeks have seen the largest changes in my network since 1997, so that's gotta mean something.

I am waiting for 5 hard drives to show up next week, then I can finish the rest of the server upgrades.

so basically by the end of next weekend we should see some nice new features introduced, and a few weeks after that I should have some new sites put up.

my personal goal is to have a Re-Grand Opening on Memorial Day Weekend. I am hoping to finalize the hook-up with Pepsi to do a major bash of some kind.

or, nothing at all will happen. who knows.

I live in the today...tomorrow is a myth.

• Site Owner

if anyone hasn't noticed, check out the very bottom of the page.

thats my test link while I get the e-mail thingy linked up to the site.

don't bother trying it yourself, it doesnt work yet.

however, the goal is that once you log into the site, you can click a link just like the # New Messages one up top, and you will be able to receive and send e-mail directly from the site.

and before anyone asks, no you will not be able to use Outlook/Outlook Express/Eudora or any e-mail client to do it...it's all site-integrated for a reason.

that reason being I do not want to support 3000 people that do not know how to use an e-mail client properly.

- added 2 new servers to take over Active Directory, Gaming, IRC, E-mail, and DNS servers (the server handling e-mail is about to be replaced already)

- rebuilt old gaming server to be the new database server (which is about to rebuilt yet again to be the new e-mail server)

- purchased yet another new database server, which doubles the power of the one I just rebuilt 2 weeks ago

- upgraded the network to Cisco Catalyst switches, and bumped speed from 128k SDSL to 384k SDSL, then again to 768k SDSL

- install database server v3.0 (doing this in a couple hours)

- build and install e-mail server v3.0 (can't do this until hard drives arrive next week)

- release free vent, irc, chat features (will do once c2oc web site is rebuilt...hopefully this weekend)

- have a beer

how many dollars are you away from accomplishing all of that?

• Site Owner

I am $291 away from being 100% finished. past that is licensing issues and such but that's my problem.

the ping time has been holding steady for me at around 35-60 from 3 separate parts of the country, so it's as fast as its going to get.

the counterstrike server was averaging just above that so I am hoping the gameplay will be nice and smooth.

- purchased yet another new database server, which doubles the power of the one I just rebuilt 2 weeks ago

- install database server v3.0 (doing this in a couple hours)

- release free vent, irc, chat features (will do once c2oc web site is rebuilt...hopefully this weekend)

- have a beer

Tenj, your list is wrong.

- have a beer <--

THAT should be first.

Other then that, :D is the man