I NEED DONATIONS PLEASE

tenjuna

• Site Owner

ok guys, I have gotten this as far as I can without spending any extra money, but now it's time for me to put out the hat.

if you guys want all the stuff I am trying to put together here, and you can afford to pitch in, this is what I need, and what I need it for:

I currently need $142.50 to complete the database server, if anyone cares.

this is what I ended up finding:

dual 1.4 gig pentium 3 fc-pga2

2 gig ram

raid 5 ultra waide scsi totaling 36gigs

got it for $500, which is a freakin bargain. this will increase database processing by 200%.

Edit: Futon - Star information is here http://www.dtrades.org/index.php?showtopic=29099 for those of you who are interested in gaining a star from your donations please PM cain providing proof that you donated. Thanks a lot guys.

or you could sell and donate the $...I am kinda loaded down trying to get this all running right now.

Hmm... Alright, sounds good, once I get home, I'll sell all the extra items that I have for sojs, and sell them via Dbay for a good price just to get the $$$ Asap for you, then I'll donate right away.

DrgnSlayer~

I think for the most part tenjuna or futon do not have the time with all the work they are doing right now to accept any d2 item donations. If you really want to help out then just trade whatever you want to donate and sell the sojs, right now about 10-15 sojs will fetch $5.00 which would be an awesome help. Since a lot of people on this forum dont have a visa/paypal account if we could accomplish 160 members to donate about $5.00 each we will be smooth sailing.

ok guys, I have gotten this as far as I can without spending any extra money, but now it's time for me to put out the hat.

if you guys want all the stuff I am trying to put together here, and you can afford to pitch in, this is what I need, and what I need it for:

=====

6x Seagate ST39103LW 9 gig Ultra Wide SCSI hard drives - this is so I can make everything RAID, which will make everything faster

$30 each

=====

Dual Athlon MP motherboard - new database server

$200

=====

2x AMD Athlon MP CPUs - new database server

$125

=====

1 gig Registered 266 DDR memory - new database server

$280

=====

Adaptec 3940UW PCI SCSI Card - new database server

$30

=====

so I need roughly $800 to finish the hardware end of things here...if everyone pitched in a buck, we would be all set.

i donated $15 in the last 2 weeks and i havent even gotten the little donor star ^^

QUOTE (theallseeingeye @ Mar 30 2005, 01:20 AM)

i donated $15 in the last 2 weeks and i havent even gotten the little donor star ^^ 

that would be because you never told me you donated...I can't read minds (yet).

star added.

whoops didnt know i had to, thought the almighty was... well almighty...

It would be more logical for everyone to just round up some sojs from each member, then once we get a bulk amount sell them. I can make a mule and normally be on everyday to get pickups, then have a massive sale and donate kinda as a group. Just a thought, it would be easier for our younger members.

This would work, but then again, we would still need people who are willing to donate...

DrgnSlayer~

maybe we could make a thread and pin it in the non ladder trading area, and a few of us could make some donations to get the ball rolling, im sure others will follow suit if they see how needed it is. there are hundreds of members here and if each gave 1 soj that would make a ton of money. and the more "wealthy" players could offer even more.

however, i dont think 1 soj would be enough to label someone as a donor lol, but this would have to be considered by futon and cain i guess.

edit: maybe we could make a thread in here and pin it that lists all the people that donate? immortalize there names in a way.

sell them on dbay, or give them to someone who will donate $ for you...there are posts above with people offering to do just that.

I think maybe you could make a thread on top of the Trading Section asking for Soj /Rune/3/20/20 Donations, and have a moderator hold them and sell them as they get into bulk to get more $$$.

Also, I should be donating 5-10$ soon I think...

DrgnSlayer~

• Site Owner

I think if someone were to take the initiative and just grab the item donations suggested on this thread, that would be good enough...we are overworked as it is.

I currently need $142.50 to complete the database server, if anyone cares.

this is what I ended up finding:

dual 1.4 gig pentium 3 fc-pga2

2 gig ram

raid 5 ultra waide scsi totaling 36gigs

got it for $500, which is a freakin bargain.

Its at the top left corner of site, also anyone who does not have paypal, i am offering donations for FG.

Minimum donation is $5.00 which = 300 FG

Contact me if you wish to take advantage of this and help the site out.

it wasnt 4 hours ago :Floyd: tenjy fixed it :p

-EDIT-

my buddy sent me this and i figured it applied...

so tenjy...

untitled2.jpg

• Site Owner

yeah easily worth what I paid for it.

it has a tyan 2688 Thunder Hesl-t mobo, with an Adaptec 2000s 0 Channel RAID card in it...the 2000s by itself goes for $350 on ebay.

I am dropping 5x 9 gig 10k RPM Seagate Cheetah SCSI drives in it for 36 gigs of space.

it came with a gig of Crucial registered PC133, and I am adding another gig to it.

this should EASILY handle all of our database needs for the forseeable future.

plus I can use the old parts to upgrade 2 of the other servers...with one of those upgrades being substantial (the e-mail/communications server will get a 300% boost in power).

:p