Compiled Help Topic

F.A.Q.

Q: What is rerolling an item and how do i do it

A: Rerolling an item is using the cube to redo the stats of an item. In hopes of getting better stats on it.

Rerolling Runewords:

To reroll a runeword, you put the runeword in the cube along with a hel rune and a TP scroll and transmute. This will clear the runes from the runeword then you can get more runes to remake the runeword and try to get better stats

Rerolling Charms and other items:

The most commonly rerolled items aside from runewords are charms. To reroll these, put it in the cube with 3 Perfect Gems (Perf skull counts as a Perf Gem). Hit transmute and the charm will get random stats. The farther into the game you find the charm the larger range of mods it can get. For example, an iLvL 99 gc (also known as baal gc, a grand charm dropped by baal) has the largest range of mods possible for a charm to get, these are the only gcs in the game that can get more than 40 life as a mod.

the 3 perfect gems in cube recipy will work with any magical item. For info on how to reroll other types of items if they can be rerolled, refer to the cube recipies that are located further down in this thread

Q: Do lightning rainbow facets work on traps?

A: NO. Traps are minions, therefore they will not receive either bonus, +% dmg or -res, even though it will have no effect, it will still show up in the character screen.

Q: How does an eth item get a 50% defence boost? (defence glitch)

A: You need to have an ethereal armor or shields that does not have cracked or superior mods and has no sockets

for shields: put 1 Tal Rune + 1 Amn Rune + 1 Perfect Ruby + the shield into the cube and transmute

for armors: put 1 Tal rune + 1 Thul Rune + 1 Perfect Topaz + the armor in the cube and transmute

these items have a 1/6 chance of getting 1 socket, same with 2 and 3 sockets. but they have a 3/6 chance of getting 4 sockets.

Q: How much MF should I aim for?

A: There isn't a particular amount of MF that is perfect. The more MF you have doesn't necessarily guarantee you will find better items, just more magic items. Therein, adding MF does not make you find better items, and will reduce your killing speed.

Q: Why do some people have member titles, how can I get one?

A: These are special users. You can see our Staff by going to this link: http://dtrades.org/index.php?act=Stats&CODE=leaders

Q: Why are some people's names colored on the Active Users list?

A: These are special users. You can see our Staff by going to this link: http://dtrades.org/index.php?act=Stats&CODE=leaders

Q: How do synergies work?

A: Synergies only give the enchanced effect based on the base point in the skill, +skill from items will have NO effect.

Q: What is Forum Gold?

A: Forum Gold is a currency used on these forums. You can buy several items with Forum Gold in the shop at the top of the site.

Q: How can I get Forum Gold?

A: Posting in certain areas will allow you to get forum gold. There are varying amounts that you get in each section; some do not give any at all. You can also receive forum gold by trading your Diablo II Items.

Q: What is "Zod Glitch" or "Glitched"?

A: "Zod Glitch" or "Glitched" items are items that had a Zod Rune socketed in them in or before the 1.09 Patch and in early 1.10 (first few days). When the Zod Rune was removed with the Hel + Scroll of TP formula, it retained the "Indestructible" Mod, and thus, cannot lose durability ever. These items can supposedly still be made IF and only IF the Zod Rune was socketed in 1.09 or earlier, or the first few days of 1.10, and then the Zod were to be removed. These items CANNOT be made anymore by Zod'ing them and the removing the Zod. This is why they cost very much.

Q: what is the Act 3 Merc glitch? (stacked aura glitch)

A: You must Have 2 items that give the same aura. (e.g.: dragon armor + HoJ weapon OR dream helm + dream shield) You then have to massively re-equip one of each item that gives the aura. This glitches the aura, causing massive damage. - NOTE: THIS HAS BEEN PATCHED, AND WILL NOT WORK

Credit goes to Future-

Q: What auras do different Act 2 Merc give?

A: refer to this guide

Combat (Normal): Prayer

Combat (Nightmare): Thorns

Combat (Hell): Prayer

Defense (Normal): Defiance

Defense (Nightmare): Holy Freeze

Defense (Hell): Defiance

Offense (Normal): Blessed Aim

Offense (Nightmare): Might

Offense (Hell): Blessed Aim

Credit goes to Manduki

Q: How much FCR/FHR/FBR/IAS do I need?

A:

Q: Can I get 100% resists?

A: No, the max you can normally get is 75%, with items you can achieve up to 95%. Also take note that in Nightmare you start with -40% resists, and in Hell -100% resists.

Q:What is the Damage Reduction cap?

A: 50% for both PvP and PvM.

Q: How much dex should I have for block?

A: It all depends on your level, the best way is to just add dex, and check as you go, taking into account any bonuses you get (I.E., Holy Shield) and whether you'll be switching shields or not.

Q: Why can't I log into Battle.net?

A: First, check to see your internet is connected, then check to see you are on the correct realm. If not you are probably just TEMPORARILY IP banned. This will go away in a certain amount of time, depending on what you did to receive it.

Q: Why do games appear full even when they are not, and there are eight (8) players allowed?

A: Some games tend to get 'Glitched Full'. This means that there is a glitch, which makes the game think it has the max amount of chars in it, when it actually doesn't.

Credit goes to Future-

Q: What are the best items for my runewords?

A: Look at this chart.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Item           | Socks       | Non-Eth/Eth | Use                         |
| Dush Shroud    | 3/4 socks   | Non-Eth     | Enigma, CoH, Bramble        |
| Wyrmhide       | 3/4 socks   | Non-Eth     | Enigma, CoH, Bramble        |
| Scarab Husk    | 3/4 socks   | Non-Eth     | Enigma, CoH, Bramble        |
| Archon Plate   | 3/4 socks   | Non-Eth/Eth | Enigma, CoH, Bramble, Stone |
| Sacred Armor   | 4 socks     | Eth         | Stone                       |
| Monarch        | 4 socks     | Non-Eth     | 4x Ist 100% MF shield       |
| Blade Barrier  | 3 socks     | Non-Eth     | Sanctuary                   |
| Troll Nest     | 3 socks     | Non-Eth     | Sanctuary                   |
| War Spike      | 6 socks     | Eth         | BotD                        |
| Berserker Axe  | 4/5/6 socks | Non-Eth/Eth | BotD, Beast, Famine, Doom   |
| Hydra Bow      | 4/6 socks   | Non-Eth     | BotD, Hand of Justice       |
| Crusader Bow   | 4/6 socks   | Non-Eth     | BotD, Hand of Justice       |
| Flail          | 5 socks     | Non-Eth     | Call to Arms                |
| Thunder Maul   | 6 socks     | Eth         | BotD                        |
| Cryptic Axe    | 5 socks     | Eth         | Doom                        |
| War Pike       | 6 socks     | Eth         | BotD                        |
| Ghost Spear    | 6 socks     | Eth         | BotD                        |
| Archon Staff   | 6 socks     | Eth         | BotD                        |
| Colossus Blade | 6 socks     | Eth         | BotD                        |
| Crystal Sword  | 5 socks     | Non-Eth     | Call to Arms                |
| Kurast Shield  | 4 socks     | Eth         | Exile                       |
| Zakarum Shield | 4 socks     | Eth         | Exile                       |

| Vortex Shield  | 4 socks     | Eth         | Exile                       |

Q: How can I get my name to be colored?

A: In the Forum Shop look here for more information.

Q: Where can I get a character guide?

A: In the guide sections, each character class has its own...in case you can't figure out where it is, here are some links.

Q: My spell damage says 24k (24000) how come I can't kill them in one hit?

A: Because of resists, pvp penatlies, and absorb, to see what damage you are really doing... Click here.

Q: Which is better to use? a Perfect Ruby or a Jah Rune for life?

A: Click hereto see a chart of which is better.

Q: How can I know how often I hit someone with an attack in PVP?

A: You can look here to calculate the chance.

Q: What are the cube recipies?

A: Check here for cube recipes. (Also posted further down in this post.)

Q: What are the crafting recipies for 1.11?

A: There are 4 sets of items you can craft:

Q: Where can I find all of the current Runewords?

A: You can look here for the Runewords

Q: What are "permed" items?

A: "Permed" items are items that will not 'poof', or disappear. They are items that are from 1.09 or earlier, and are almost guaranteed not to disappear. Items that were duped in 1.10 tend to poof. Beware of people claiming their items are "permed" as people like to try to do this to make you pay more for their item, when in fact, it isn't permed at all, and will poof. Only trade for "permed" items from trusted members.

Q: How can I "perm" my item?

A: There is no known way to completely perm an item. There are temporary perms that will keep your item from poofing until you enter the next game. Although these methods are not proven, these are believed to be working methods. However, you must do these when you leave every game:

Method #1: Initiate trade with another person. Quickly exit the game without saying or doing anything right after you go to the screen.

Method #2 (Different Form of Method #1): Initiate trade with another person. Put the item or items that you wish to perm into the trade screen. Quickly exit the game without saying or doing anything right after you go to the screen.

Method #3: Sell your items to a NPC and buy them back. This works only with charms (excluding Annihilus) and jewels, of course. Do not try this with anything else or you will lose it.

However, perming isn't proven to work, it could be just luck

Q: When will ladder restart?

A: Nobody except Blizzard knows. You can listen to rumors all you want, but virtually all of the dates people are speculating around are wrong. In short, NOBODY KNOWS, DO NOT MAKE A THREAD ASKING THIS.

Q: How do I take a screenshot in Diablo II?

A: Highlight what you wish to take a screenshot of, and press the "Print Screen" key. This image will be stored wherever your Diablo II folder is. Mine is in C:/Program Files/Diablo II. It will be called "screenshotx" with 'x' being the number, according to when you took it.

Q: How do I post a screenshot/image?

A: First, follow the above question on how to take a screenshot, if it's for a Diablo II item. Next, find an image host (a list of free ones can be found here.) Sign up for an account if you have to, and then find where it says "Upload" or something like that. Find the picture you wish to upload, and then do. Put the URL into IMG tags, like so:

[img=www.google.com/fish.jpg]

Q: I've heard of a "glitch rush"...what is it?

A: A glitch rush is one in which you skip the normal level requirement that Blizzard tries to make on Diablo II. To glitch rush, follow these steps:

1. Get someone to rush you to Act 5 Normal.

2. Make a game called "Baal For Quest" or something similar; you want people to join that need the quest.

3. Party with the person who's helping you and the people who join the game who need the quest.

4. Stay in town, you will not be able to go into the Throne of Destruction without first completing the Ancients quest, which you don't have to do.

5. Kill Baal, and make sure the person who needed the quest gets it. You will also now have the quest, and can go to Nightmare difficulty.

6. Repeat 1-5 for Nightmare and Hell.

7. Do Chaos Sanctuary runs until you are level 60 (some choose to stay longer, but 60 is ALL YOU NEED.) You will gain many levels per run, and it is ten times more efficient than leveling the normal way. You will begin to gain massive levels after you attain level 25.

Q: How do I make Diablo II run in windows mode?

A:

1. Right click on the shortcut for your Diablo II.

2. Find the Target (usually "C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe")

3. After the quotes around the target location, add "-w" (without quotes) so that it reads: "C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -w

Refer to this picture:

windowswf2.jpg

Credits go to pobezo for part of this guide.

If you wish to add something that you feel is needed, please feel free to PM me and I will add it if I see it deserves to be.

Realm Down

This ban will last from five minutes up to forty-eight hours. Note that this is dependant on your past banning habits and the severity of the reason banned. Multiple logon attempts will worsen your ban. Check after ten minutes, then every half hour afterwards. After 24 hours, hourly checkups are safe.

the new realm down message as of .11

screenshot0040ni.jpg

If you have realm down, it could be for any of the following reasons:

• Creating games too fast.
  • Joining and Leaving games too fast.
  • Switching characters too fast.
  • Using hacks.
  • Any number of other reasons, including doing absolutely nothing.

To remove Realm Down, there are a number of ways. However, not every way listed here is expected to work for everyone. Some may not work for anyone. These are simply ways that have been posted.

If you have a different way, please PM me and I will add it.

Method #1:

• Go to Start.
  • Click on 'Run'
  • Type in 'cmd' and press enter.
  • Type in 'ipconfig /release all'.
  • Type in 'ipconfig /renew all'.

Credits go to urzas_rage for this method. Direct all questions about this method to him.

Method #2:

This works for Windows XP; not tested on other operating systems.

• Go to Start.
  • Click on 'Run'
  • Type in 'cmd' and press enter
  • Type in 'ipconfig /release all'
  • Type in 'ipconfig /renew all'
  • Locate 'My Network Places'.
  • Locate your 'Local Area Connection'.
  • Right-Click on 'Local Area Connection' and go to 'properties'.
  • Double Click on 'Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)' from the list under the 'General' tab.
  • Click on the 'Use the following IP address' under the 'General' tab.
  • Create an IP address (Doesn't matter what numbers it is, easiest to just type in 1 and 2 until it's filled up.)
  • Press 'Tab' and it should automatically fill in the 'Subnet Mask' section with default numbers.
  • Hit the 'OK' button.
  • Hit the 'OK button again.
  • Right-Click on 'Local Area Connection' and go to 'properties' again.
  • Go back to the 'TCP/IP' settings.
  • This time, select 'Obtain an IP Address automatically.'
  • Hit the 'OK' button.
  • Hit the 'OK' button again.
  • You now should have a new IP address.

Credits go to Bri for this method. Direct all questions about this method to him.

Method #3

This works for Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router; not tested on other routers.

• Open up your internet browser.
  • Go to http://192.168.1.1/
  • Find 'Mac Address Clone'.
  • If it is not enabled, enable it.
  • Change the last two digits to any combination of numbers 1-9 and any letter A-F (4F, A1, 7C, for example).
  • Click 'Save Settings'.
  • Click 'Continue'.
    In this time of need i have decdied to write a how to file on how to fix your ip restriction. Please note this is not for static ips. This is only effective on a Dynamic IP. For Static IP please contact your ISP
    (WIndows)
    Step 1
    GOTO Start/Accesories/command prompt.
    (You must have administrator access)
    Type in ipconfig /release
    Step 2
    Goto your DSL CABLE modem
    Unplug the power cable from the back
    (do the same if to your Switch)
    Step 3
    Goto your computer
    Exit Command prompt and shut down your computer.
    Remove the RJ45 cable from your Ethernet Adapter
    (RJ45 = the ethernet cable)
    Step 4
    Wait 5 minutes
    Step 5
    Plug in your dsl modem
    Plug in your Switcher
    Step 6
    Turn on your computer with the RJ45 cable diconnected
    Step 7
    Goto Start/Accesories/Command Prompt
    Type in ipconfig /renew
    Allow it to seem frozen for 30 secs
    Exit Command Prompt
    Step 7
    Plug in your RJ45 cable back into you adpater in the back of your computer
    Step 8
    GOT Start/Accesories/Command Prompt
    Type in ipconfig /renew
    Step 9
    (Be sure to write down your ip before this procedure)
    Type in ipconfig
    match the ip adress with the one you wrote down before. It Should be different.
    Step 10
    Connect to battle net on the realm you where ip banned from. You should be able to connect.
    I have not tested this on a realm down only on a ip ban. If it works please let me know so i can update this thread.
    In a worse case senario do try logging on in the time periods listed at the start of the Realm down section

How to run multiple d2s without the use of 3rd party programs

windows XP required

Step one, install diablo with 1 set of cd keys if you havent already done this.

Step two, Copy all contents of your diablo directory into another folder in your Program files folder, ie: diablo 2, d2, dii, anything thats not diablo ii.

Step Three, uninstall diablo ii. (only the one in the original diablo 2 folder, not the new one)

Step four, re-install diablo ii with different cdkey set, save into the normal directory that you had it in previously (diablo ii)

Step five, Switch accounts and run either of the folders in -w mode (to do this, rightclick on the shortcut icon on your desktop for diablo ii, and add -w (with a space before it) at the end of the line that says "target:")

Step six, switch back over and run the opposite folder in -w mode, and there you have it two diablos running at once with no hacks whatsoever

Credits go to Lunar for this part of the guide.

basically on windows when you first get your CPU you have an administrator's account. so every time you log on you go directly there.

now if you go to control pannel there should be a section called user accounts. you need to create a new account on your CPU. this also allows other people from going into your stuff.

so basically say on the administrator's account you have the full screen diablo version. on the 2nd account you have the windowed version.

now basically once you open one diablo switch accounts not log off otherwise it will close diablo onto the administrator's/secondary account. then trade this way. to summarize:

create a new account on your CPU -> turn on diablo on one of the account -> switch accounts by going to log off then switch users -> go open the second diablo and mule/perm etc.

you must switch users a lot in order to mule/perm. if this doesn't make sense I am sure someone else can clarify this.

credit goes to blckdemondrgn for this addition

BNet Color Profile Guide

After a while in the clan Dtrd on bnet, I decided after numerous people asking about how to make a color profile, I would post this on here.

-First of all, to get started, open up wordpad or notepad.

-Next, type in

• 6 months later...

Damage and Defense calculator for items

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/

first visit that site for your question on armors defense, weapons damage, and runewords range in enhance damage/defense.

quick crash course on percentage. percentage is part of a hundred correct? so it is either shown with a % sign, fraction, or decimal places. so 100% = 1/1, 2/2, 3/3, etc. also shown as 1.00, so that should be easy. so if you have 25% it is shown 1/4 or 0.25. hopefully with you understanding this you understand later how I calculate these setups.

now to clear things up first maximum defense on any armor or weapon is 15% ed. now in saying so I will take an example:

467 defense dusk * 15% or .15 = 70.05 + 467 def is 537.05

that is the long way of doing it. the short way is this:

467 defense dusk * 115% or 1.15 = 537.05

this way is better cause you know 100% of anything or 1 multiply anything is itself. so the added 15% with it adds it automatically and the extra step is thrown out.

I will say most calculation are accurate. some might be rounded up or down like perfect dusk shroud = 538 def. same with 524 base archon armor * 1.15 = 602.6 defense but shown on diablo is 603 defense.

if your don't understand how ethereal armor gets their defense it is quite simple.

696 defense dusk shroud / 1.5 = 464 base original defense if it was non ethereal

now how did I get that? well basically ethereal adds 50% added defense/damage but at the same time lowers the durability of the item.

in case your wondering I have a theory that the defense glitch acts like the item is turning ethereal therefore adding another 50% ed to the item once again. so to test this is:

696 def dusk * 1.5 = 1044 def ethereal using defense glitch

this is accurate cause I have one of my own of this armor.

*key note* when an armor is ethereal the base defense is changed, therefore will get higher defense. your basically comparing 467 defense to say 700 defense.

in saying that I hope you understand how to calculate ed% with ethereal armors and weapons.

by the way, in case you didn't know when an item is superior or adding enhance def on a normal item it always calculate the maximum defense of the item. all 15% ed superior dusk shroud has 538 defense because they calculate from 467 def and nothing lower.

now for something a bit advance. how do I calculate ed % received from runewords?

quite simple. lets takes the dusk shroud once again and make a chain of honor from it. that gives 70% ed.

467 defense * 1.70 = 793.9 def

So what if it is superior? now here is where most people do their calculation wrong. most people think:

467 defense * 1.15 = 538 defense * 1.70 = 914.6 defense

THIS IS WRONG!!!

this is the correct way of doing it:

467 defense * 1.85 = 863.95 defense

the 15% ed from superior is added to the 70% ed which is then multiplied by the 467 base defense of dusk shroud.

ok I will try to see if you understand this calculation:

situation glitch defense dusk shroud that is 4 sockets and making it into a stone.

464 defense * 1.5 for being ethereal = 696 defense * 1.5 for defense glitch = 1044 defense * 3.5 from stone runeword = 3654 defense minimum

1044 defense * 3.9 from stone runeword = 4071.6 defense maximum

remember stone runeword gives 250%-290% enhance defense. so if you recall you add the 100% to skip one step so I get 350-390% or 3.5-3.9 in the calculation.

all these calculations goes the same for weapons however you need to do more because you have to calculate minimum damage and maximum damage of the weapon as well.

note: these calculations might only not work on uniques double upgraded

Credit goes to blckdemondrgn for this part of the compiled help topic

Armor weight and Shield weight

Light Armor (ArmorSpeed=0)

Quilted Armor/Ghost Armor/Dusk Shroud

Leather Armor/Serpentskin Armor/Wyrmhide

Hard Leather Armor/Demonhide Armor/Scarab Husk

Studded Leather Armor/Trellised Armor/Wire Fleece

Breast Plate/Cuirass/Great Hauberk

Light Plate/Mage Plate/Archon Plate

Light Shields

Necromancer Shrunken Heads

Paladin Shields

Buckler/Defender/Heater

Small/Round/Luna

Kite/Dragon/Monarch

Bone/Grim/Troll Nest

Spiked/Barbed/Blade Barrier

Medium Armor (ArmorSpeed=5; 5% speed decrease)

Ring Mail/Linked Mail/Diamond Mail

Chain Mail/Mesh Armor/Boneweave

Splint Mail/Russet Armor/Balrog Skin

Field Plate/Sharktooth Armor/Kraken Shell

Gothic Plate/Embossed Plate/Lacquered Plate

Ancient Armor/Ornate Armor/Sacred Armor

Medium Shields (5% speed decrease)

Large/Scutum/Hyperion

Gothic/Ancient/Ward

Heavy Armor (ArmorSpeed=10; 10% speed decrease)

Scale Mail/Tigulated Mail/Loricated Mail

Plate Mail/Templar Coat/Hellforged Plate

Full Plate/Chaos Armor/Shadow Plate

Heavy Shields (10% speed decrease)

Tower/Pavise/Aegis

Credit goes to manduki for this part of the compiled help topic

Drop Table (item drop ratio)

this is a drop table. it was copied and pasted from a spread sheet to here, so it can be confusing, BUT ITS SIMPLE!

This is how it works: notice at the top is says item/name/baal/mephisto etc.

then under it lists items and numbers. The number is how many runs it takes to find that item from that boss. zero means you cant. and of course its only averages, so you can find any of those items in 5, or it may take up to 50,000 runes.

when looking at an item, match the number across with the boss at the top. so the third number listed after each item would be pindy.

get it?

ITEM NAME BAAL MEPHISTO PINDLESKIN ELDRITCH SHENK P+E+S

Alma Negra 1810 2086 21435 0 0 21435

Andariel's Visage 843 1543 10160 0 0 10160

Arachnid Mesh 1156 1114 0 0 0 0

Arioc's Needle 447 431 5392 0 0 5392

Arkaine's Valor 1521 11487 18325 0 0 18325

Astreon's Iron Ward 47375 0 65689 0 0 65689

Azurewrath 3065 5609 0 0 0 0

Baranar's Star 636 743 7662 7357 7376 2487

Blackoak Shield 1156 1114 13933 13380 13415 4524

Blood Raven's Charge 1328 1261 15729 15090 15090 5099

Bloodmoon 639 615 7704 7398 7418 2501

Boneflame 2272 0 24447 37089 37246 10558

Bonehew 449 433 5422 5205 5219 1760

Boneshade 1540 2818 18555 17811 0 9088

Cerebus' Bite 2185 2071 25864 24812 24812 8384

Cranebeak 922 0 10049 15324 15363 4350

Crown of Ages 19301 0 25272 0 0 25272

Darkforce Spawn 35404 0 45611 0 0 45611

Death Cleaver 15792 0 21896 0 0 21896

Death's Fathom 28967 0 39519 0 0 39519

Death's Web 47488 0 65856 0 0 65856

Demon Limb 543 524 6554 6294 6311 2128

Demon's Arch 637 745 7682 7376 7396 2494

Demonhorn's Edge 1565 2824 18538 17782 17782 6009

Djinn Slayer 636 612 7663 7359 7378 2488

Doombringer 1114 8414 13426 14931 14969 4802

Dracul's Grasp 1162 1119 14008 13451 0 6862

Dragonscale 4019 0 34340 372465 0 31441

Eaglehorn 1114 8414 13426 14931 14969 4802

Earth Shifter 31583 0 43793 0 0 43793

Eschuta's Temper 911 923 10789 10346 10346 3497

Ethereal Edge 492 474 5937 5701 5717 1928

Executioner's Justice 15792 0 21896 0 0 21896

Firelizard's Talons 1030 7674 12260 13564 13621 4372

Flamebellow 637 745 7682 7376 7396 2494

Fleshripper 1257 0 10933 118664 118965 9234

Frostwind 1254 0 10905 118363 118664 9210

Gargoyle's Bite 15792 0 21896 0 0 21896

Ghostflame 15792 0 21896 0 0 21896

Giant Skull 2194 0 19059 206896 207419 16097

Gimmershred 542 522 6536 6277 6294 2122

Griffon's Eye 19301 0 25272 0 0 25272

Gut Siphon 1262 0 10959 118965 119266 9256

Halaberd's Reign 2272 0 24344 0 0 24344

Harlequin Crest 800 771 9649 9267 9290 3133

Head Hunter's Glory 1521 11487 18325 20379 20432 6554

Heaven's Light 3824 3684 46102 44272 44390 14969

Hellrack 513 939 6185 5937 0 3029

Hellslayer 511 935 6153 5907 5921 1997

Horizon's Tornado 1334 10073 16070 14892 14931 5093

Jade Talon 601 569 7112 6823 6823 2306

Lacerator 924 0 10075 15363 15403 4362

Leviathan 1235 0 13468 20537 20585 5830

Lightsabre 613 1122 6153 5907 5921 1997

Mang Song's Lesson 47375 0 65689 0 0 65689

Marrowwalk 973 1139 11737 11270 11299 3810

Medusa's Gaze 1229 0 13399 20432 0 8092

Messerschmidt's Reaver 1254 0 10905 118363 118664 9210

Nightwing's Veil 2458 0 26798 40865 40969 11602

Nord's Tenderizer 694 669 8381 8049 8069 2721

Nosferatu's Coil 1299 1335 15654 15028 15068 5082

Ondal's Wisdom 1536 2811 18506 17765 17811 6007

Ormus' Robes 766 737 9236 8869 8893 2999

Ravenlore 4019 0 34340 372465 372465 28994

Razor's Edge 698 673 8427 8091 8114 2736

Rune Master 636 743 7662 7357 7376 2487

Sandstorm Trek 768 740 9261 8893 8914 3007

Schaefer's Hammer 6271 0 54528 591818 593322 46053

Shadow Dancer 19301 0 25272 0 0 25272

Shadow Killer 475 857 5627 0 0 5627

Soul Drainer 1302 1338 15692 15068 15107 5095

Spike Thorn 1299 1335 15654 15028 15068 5082

Spirit Keeper 2820 21002 33411 37122 37122 11932

Spirit Ward 2194 0 19059 206896 207419 16097

Steel Carapace 2186 0 19015 206373 206896 16059

Steel Pillar 15792 0 21896 0 0 21896

Steel Shade 1299 1335 15654 15028 15068 5082

Steelrend 19301 0 25272 0 0 25272

Stone Crusher 1568 0 13632 147954 148330 11513

Stoneraven 1202 1139 14225 13647 13647 4611

Stormlash 6670 50365 80350 0 0 80350

Stormshield 973 1139 11737 11270 11299 3810

Stormspire 15792 0 21896 0 0 21896

Templar's Might 21714 0 25272 0 0 25272

The Cranium Basher 31583 0 43793 0 0 43793

The Gladiator's Bane 969 1132 11676 0 0 11676

The Grandfather 15792 0 21896 0 0 21896

The Reaper's Toll 637 745 7682 7376 7396 2494

The Redeemer 3824 3684 46102 44272 44390 14969

Thunderstroke 925 877 10952 10506 10506 3550

Tomb Reaver 922 0 10049 0 0 10049

Tyrael's Might 173709 0 0 0 0 0

Veil of Steel 2458 0 26798 40865 40969 11602

Verdungo's Cord 846 1547 10187 9778 9804 3307

Viperfork 512 937 6169 5921 5937 2002

Warshrike 1114 8414 13426 14931 14969 4802

Widowmaker 924 0 10075 15363 15403 4362

Windforce 15792 0 21896 0 0 21896

Windhammer 488 502 5884 5650 5665 1910

Wizardspike 447 431 5392 5178 5191 1751

Wolfhowl 1439 1364 17111 0 0 17111

Wraith Flight 922 0 10049 15324 0 6069

Atma's Scarab 3701 3848 36777 36017 36132 12102

Bul-Kathos' 7279 7568 72329 72774 71769 24096

Carrion Wind 2426 2523 24110 24258 23923 8032

Dwarf Star 728 757 7233 7277 7177 2410

Gheed's Fortune 493 513 4903 4934 4949 1643

Highlord's Wrath 3701 3848 36777 36017 36132 12102

Mara's Kaleidoscope 3701 3848 36777 36017 36132 12102

Metalgrid 9253 9620 91944 0 0 91944

Nature's Peace 2426 2523 24110 24258 23923 8032

Rainbow Facet 494 513 4904 0 0 4904

Raven Frost 728 757 7233 7277 7177 2410

Seraph's Hymn 6169 6413 61296 60028 60220 20170

The Cat's Eye 3701 3848 36777 36017 36132 12102

The Eye of Etlich 3701 3848 36777 36017 36132 12102

The Rising Sun 3701 3848 36777 36017 36132 12102

The Stone of Jordan 7279 7568 72329 72774 71769 24096

Wisp Projector 7279 7568 72329 72774 0 36275

Amulet 48 48 84 84 84 28

Ber Rune 557539 557532 972208 972208 972208 324069

Cham Rune 975507 975495 1701040 1701040 1701040 567013

Fal Rune 19956 19956 34799 34799 34799 11600

Grand Charm 96 96 168 168 168 56

Gul Rune 121478 121477 211827 211827 211827 70609

Io Rune 7640 7640 13322 13322 13322 4441

Ist Rune 104227 104226 181746 181746 181746 60582

Jah Rune 650338 650330 1134027 1134027 1134027 378009

Jewel 96 96 168 168 168 56

Ko Rune 15071 15071 26280 26280 26280 8760

Large Charm 96 96 168 168 168 56

Lem Rune 29934 29934 52198 52198 52198 17399

Lo Rune 318700 318696 555732 555732 555732 185244

Lum Rune 10047 10047 17520 17520 17520 5840

Mal Rune 69485 69484 121164 121164 121164 40388

Ohm Rune 212466 212464 370488 370488 370488 123496

Pul Rune 39775 39774 69357 69357 69357 23119

Ring 24 24 42 42 42 14

Small Charm 96 96 168 168 168 56

Sur Rune 371692 371688 648139 648139 648139 216046

Um Rune 59662 59661 104035 104035 104035 34678

Vex Rune 182217 182215 317741 317741 317741 105914

Zod Rune 3413924 0 5953029 5953029 5953029 1984343

Runes drop odds, starting from IST: Countess evaluation:

Rune Name

The Countess

High Unique

Cube:

Ist Rune

Gul Rune

Vex Rune

Ohm Rune

Lo Rune

Sur Rune

Ber Rune

Jah Rune

Cham Rune

Zod Rune

Single drop comparison is 163,88 times more ists at each kill, compared to "High unique" monsters...

"High Unique" monsters [Hell mode] :

Bonesaw Breaker - Glacial Trail

Coldworm the Burrower - Maggot Lair Level 3

Dac Farren - Bloody Foothills

Eldritch the Rectifier - Frigid Highlands

Eyeback the Unleashed - Frigid Highlands

Frozenstein - Frozen River

Grand Vizier of Chaos - The Chaos Sanctuary

Infector of Souls - The Chaos Sanctuary

Lord De Seis - The Chaos Sanctuary

Pindleskin - Nihlathak's Temple

Sharptooth Slayer - Frigid Highlands

Shenk the Overseer - Bloody Foothills

Snapchip Shatter - Icy Cellar

Thresh Socket - Arreat Plateau

Credit goes to rike1 for this part of the compiled help topic

Be cautious when dying cause a minor mistake can cost you to lose items that may be valuable.

Situation: You died either from a monster or from dueling.

if you can pick up every piece of equipment then click on your corpse.

however if you cannot pick every item because of the strength or possibly dex requirement, only a few things you can do.

1. Safest way is to save and exit. make a private game and make room in inventory to pick up any item you cannot wear for some reason. like you cannot wear crown of ages because you don't have enough strength for some reason.

2. Try to make room prior to clicking the body. if you don't make room and you cannot pick up everything you have two major consequences that may happen.

3. Ask a friend to clear out the monsters or the players your dueling.

If your not cautious this is what can happen:

1. If you died, picked up part of your corpse and there are still items in corpse, you exited the game. Once you rejoined a new game and picked up the corpse once again you will lose up to one to quite a few items depending on what you couldn't pick up. Now there is a chance it could still be there but you don't want to take this chance.

2. If you died, picked up part of your corpse and you get killed again you then "popped". Popped is a term where you die wearing part of your equipment from your corpse, corpse still exist with your remaining items, and your items drop so any player near these items will 95%+ of the time steal your items. You want to avoid this at all cost.

in conclusion be safe and make sure you can always pick up your body safely.

Self Xfer

Self mule:

Now if you don't have 2 cd keys and want to mule by yourself it is quite possible but still this isn't 100% full proof since you can lose item through "realm down" or "your connection has been interrupted". So be cautious when doing so.

How to self mule:

1. Make a complicated game name and password - if you need to write it down. Be sure to include letters and numbers. never create the password exactly as same game name, someone can easily and maybe mistakenly guess it.

2. open the chat box and type /time then press enter. it should display your time zone with a different one. I assume you people know how to open the chat box. if not the process is this: type enter, type /time, type enter again.

3. wait at least 7 minutes, it takes 5 minutes for a game to be perm but you want to be safe.

4. type /time once again to see the time difference.

5. if your unsure game is permed, exit the game and rejoin. if your able to rejoin you can safely drop your item.

6. when muling I suggest never to drop all equipment/items at once. take them piece by piece. example: take a few gcs with torch and anni first round. then mule rings, amulet, gloves, belts, and such. finally mule the rest. the less item dropped means less of a disapointment if you lose any to realm down or such.

Tips to self muling:

1. Don't exit/join to quickly. Once muling the first load wait like 30 seconds to 2 minutes before exiting and moving on to another character. Don't be mad cause you got a realm down because you went to fast.

2. Don't leave item(s) down to long, after a period of time b.net will eventually delete everything on the ground that has been there for a while. Best thing to do have a mule pick up even the items you don't want on that character and then drop it once your about to exit and transfer to another mule.

A new Mystery has been revealed!

* Players of Hell Difficulty Realm games are hereby warned once again, that a series of new and challenging tests await you! The answer lies within Diablo's Bosses, which span across the world from the Den of Evil to the Throne of Destruction...

New Items

* Added 10 New Runewords.

* Added new Unique Items that will drop from Special Bosses.

Hireling Enhancements

* Players can purchase hirelings that are within 1-5 levels below their own level.

* The rate at which hirelings gain experience has been increased. They should now stay closer to the player's level.

Major Bugs

* Creating a town portal when corpses or other objects entirely fill the area where the portal will appear in town will no longer crash the game.

* Skills obtained from runewords created while the item is equipped will no longer disconnect you from Battle.net when chosen.

* Barbarians will no longer become stuck when using Whirlwind right after Inferno from the unique item Balrog Blade Flamebellow.

* German, Spanish, and Polish users will no longer crash when the mouse cursor moves over an item that grants an Aura while equipped.

* The game will no longer crash when selecting a skill granted by a weapon at the same time as switching weapons with the W key.

* Dying or being requested to trade while changing the key configuration will no longer cause you to get stuck.

* The "Missile Firing too far" assertion error has been corrected.

* Attempting to sell a Horadric Cube or a quest item to an NPC by holding Control while clicking will no longer disconnect you from Battle.net.

Minor Bugs

* Running the game with -install no longer causes the game to be installed as a Windows Service. -install is now ignored.

* Sometimes the seals in Diablo's lair would not activate. This has been corrected.

* Character expiration messages have been updated to reflect the expiration policy implemented in patch 1.10.

* Unidentified items sometimes caused other set items to display green for items the player does not have. This has been corrected.

* The German mouseover text for the Ist rune has been corrected.

* Account recovery is now allowed for existing accounts whose name is only one or two characters.

* When leaving a game on Battle.net, you will now be brought back to the channel in which you were previously.

* Transmuting an ethereal item now retains the ethereal stats bonuses.

* In Japanese Lord of Destruction, items that add to all Assassin skills incorrectly stated in their mouseover text that they added to all Druid skills. This has been corrected.

Fixed Game Exploits

* It is no longer possible to bypass the 10-second hostility timer by activating a waypoint at the same time as declaring hostility.

* A player must now have sufficient room in their inventory to receive the Scroll of Resistance. This prevents receiving multiple copies of it.

* Uber Diablo is no longer killed when Shenk the Overseer or Blood Raven die nearby.

* Necromancers with Trang-Oul's Set equipped could sometimes become invincible to attack. This has been corrected.

* Blessed Hammer no longer remains active while in town, preventing players from subsequently declaring hostility and having the hammers hit other players for damage.

* Set items retained their multi-piece bonuses after the player died, even though they were removed. This has been corrected.

* Items with skill-charging effects will no longer give synergy bonuses to skills when equipped on a character without those skills.

* Pasting from the Clipboard no longer allows the creation of characters with more than one dash or underscore in their name.

New Runewords

Official/Released

Bone

3 Socket Body Armor.

Sol + Um + Um

15% Chance To Cast level 10 Bone Armor When Struck

15% Chance To Cast level 10 Bone Spear On Striking

+2 To Necromancer Skill Levels

+100-150 To Mana (varies)

All Resistances +30

Damage Reduced By 7

Enlightenment

3 Socket Body Armor

Pul + Ral + Sol

5% Chance To Cast Level 15 Blaze When Struck

5% Chance To Cast level 15 Fire Ball On Striking

+2 To Sorceress Skill Levels

+1 To Warmth

+30% Enhanced Defense

Fire Resist +30%

Damage Reduced By 7

Myth

3 Socket Body Armor

Hel + Amn + Nef

3% Chance To Cast Level 1 Howl When Struck

10% Chance To Cast Level 1 Taunt On Striking

+2 To Barbarian Skill Levels

+30 Defense Vs. Missile

Replenish Life +10

Attacker Takes Damage of 14

Requirements -15%

Peace

3 Socket Body Armor

Shael + Thul + Amn

4% Chance To Cast Level 5 Slow Missiles When Struck

2% Chance To Cast level 15 Valkyrie On Striking

+2 To Amazon Skill Levels

+20% Faster Hit Recovery

+2 To Critical Strike

Cold Resist +30%

Attacker Takes Damage of 14

Principle

3 Socket Body Armor

Ral + Gul + Eld

100% Chance To Cast Level 5 Holy Bolt On Striking

+2 To Paladin Skill Levels

15% Slower Stamina Drain

+5% To Maximum Poison Resist

Fire Resist +30%

Rain

3 Socket Body Armor

Ort + Mal + Ith

5% Chance To Cast Level 15 Cyclone Armor When Struck

5% Chance To Cast Level 15 Twister On Striking

+2 To Druid Skills

+100-150 To Mana (varies)

Lightning Resist +30%

Magic Damage Reduced By 7

15% Damage Taken Goes to Mana

Treachery

3 Socket Body Armor

Shael + Thul + Lem

5% Chance To Cast Level 15 Fade When Struck

25% Chance To Cast level 15 Venom On Striking

+2 To Assassin Skills

+45% Increased Attack Speed

+20% Faster Hit Recovery

Cold Resist +30%

50% Extra Gold From Monsters

Unofficial/Unreleased

Plague

3 Socket Axes (possibly more - proven not working on Claws)

Cham + Fal + Um

20% Chance to cast level 12 Lower Resist when Struck

25% Chance to cast level 15 Poison Nova on Striking

Level 13-17 Cleansing Aura When Equipped

+1-2 to All Skills.

+260-380% Damage to Demons

-23% to Enemy Poison Resistance

37% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level) [+3% DeadlyStrike/Lvl]

25% Chance of Open Wounds

Freezes Target +3

+10 Strength.

Some noticed that we had 10 Rune Words listed in the patch text but only released 7 on the web site. More will be revealed at some future point.

New Side-Quests

Keys

To earn the keys, you must kill the respective bosses: the Countess, the Summoner, and Nihlathak. There is a 1 in 34 chance that a key will drop, but more than one key can drop at a given time. You can hold as many keys as you have room for. When you have all three keys, you put them in the Horadric Cube, go to Act Five, and transmute. A portal will open up leading to one of three places:

• Matron's Den - Hosts Lilith, who drops Diablo's Horn
  • Furnace of Pain - Hosts Uber Izual, who drops Mephisto's Brain
  • The Forgotten Sands - Hosts Uber Duriel who drops Baal's Eye

If you have three different sets of keys, you can make them all in the same game to be guarantied to get all three body parts. BEWARE, if you make a portal directly over another you might block it and will not be able to get in.

Nihlathak Maps - Credit goes to Kuskid.

I figured I'd post this to help out people that find their own keys for torches or to trade. For whatever reason, the Destruction Key, which is dropped by Nihlathak, is the most expensive one. I guess it's because he's the strongest of the 3, but he's also the quickest to run if you know how to do it. Using map patterns, you can run him in practically no time. What character to use is your choice, but I'm going to show you how to quickly identify where to go based on the room you're in when you first enter the Halls of Pain waypoint. There are only 3 different rooms you have to memorize, so it's EZ too.

NOTE: Look around for the minimap a little, I put it where I though it'd show up the best.

Map 1) Room opens up to the bottom left.

Screenshot035.jpg

What to do: Head up until you hit the upper-right wall of the map, then to the right, the stairway to the Halls of Vaught will be along that upper-right wall.

Screenshot044.jpg

Map 2) Room opens up to the left and right.

Screenshot220.jpg

What to do: Head to your left. The stairway to the Halls of Vaught will be in the far left corner of the map.

Screenshot229.jpg

Map 3) Room opens up directly to the left.

Screenshot235.jpg

What to do: Head to the left and down. It will be along the bottom-left wall, usually about halfway between the left and bottom corners of the map.

Screenshot233.jpg

I figured these out on my own on the first night of the v1.11 patch, and have been meaning to post them ever since. Hopefully I helped someone out with these.

-Kuskid

Dclone/Uber Diablo

Dclone appears on all games of the same server on hell mode once a certain amount of sojs is sold (average of 80-120 since the last number he appeared (popped) at, always a random number and there is no way to be certain which number it is. I've seen some pop after less than 50 sojs sold since he last walked the earth and once somewhere past 160). Sojs can be sold on norm, nm and Hell and will add to the count but he only spawns in hell games.

When he appears ur screen will shake and u'll get the msg in gold letters "diablo has walked the earth". he'll appear at the first superunique u go neer that u havent been neer before (e.g. shenk, rakanisbu, eldritch, the zombie in the den of evil, andarie, mephisto, etc.). so basically u can pick where u want him to spawn unless you or someone else already went neer that monster anytime in that specific game, dclone wont appear there.

dclone or uber diablo (other name for him, given by blizzard i believe) always drops exactly one annihilus so if theres others with you, make sure you're quick at grabbing it. (dont forget that u can only hold 1 anni at a time and it wont let u pick it up unless u have none on u, so its a good idea to have a friends whos online to help u xfer it when ur done or have a mule that can enter hell games to come and pick it up if u already have one on u.

Knowing what game to look for

Unfortunately, when the torches came out people lost interested in dclone hunting and again since dupe was patched for a while, so this has been very slow as dclones dont spawn as often, but this is still a considerably faster method than just randomly searching for games that are selling sojs.

go to www.mirc.com and download mirc (its a trial version but you can still use it after it expires, it just bugs you asking to buy it). set it up and go to servers (under the tab named file i believe) and add a new server. call it irc.dcloneirc.net using port 6667 (should be already set to that)

the channel that monitors what servers are active is #useast-dclone. the topic of the channel will tell you what servers to look for.

-servers listed under "walked" signifies that dclone recently popped on that server and unless u were already in a hell game of that at the time, u missed him.

-servers listed under "hot" signifies that sojs are selling at a fast pace on those servers and might pop soon

-servers listed under "slow" signifies that sojs are selling on that server but at a slow rate

-and servers listed under "crash" signifies that that server crashed n i dont believe dclone can appear on that server for a while (although i dont believe this happens anymore, it was not there when i checked mirc today)

How to find what server your game is on

go to "run" in ur start menu and run command.com (or just command). Or you can go into ur system32 file and open it there (i usually put a shortcut in my start menu). a DoS style window will open. When you're in a D2 game go in the command window and type netstat -n (some computers let you just type netstat) then press enter.

this will display all the ip addresses your computer is connected to. the one you're looking for is the one that ends with :4000. thats the server ur games on. the only important numbers in the ip address is the last 2-3 digits after the last period. keep on joining games till those 2-3 digits match the ones listed in the channel topic of mirc under slow or hot or what people in the channel say is a good server to look for.

once you find a good server, its just a waiting game... i know u wait anyway if u just pick a server n stay in it w/o mirc...but its alot faster n they usually give good guesses if the server will pop real soon or in a couple of days.

If u have multiple D2/LoD cdkeys and load on multiple d2 (using multiple comps or w/e) you can join multiple games on the same server, wait for him to pop and go in every game and kill the dclones with your dclone killer. This way you get multiple annis off one pop.

Also watch out for Realm Downs from joining and leaving games too quickly

Some information on how it works on mirc

There are alot of people on mirc, and whenever someone gets a count on diablo they'll post the count on mirc. say someone sees a count of 5530 sojs on the server 63.240.202.44 then someone will post it on mirc by posting ipaddress@count, so 44@5530 in this case. the bot will automatically record it and depending on how fast ppl r calling it in, it will list those servers as hot or slow. basically everyone works together to find out wut servers are good. dont try to abuse it though by calling in fake counts. if mods figure out that u abused it, u can get banned from dclone irc for a couple of weeks or more, sometimes permanent. they also now have a program that you just leave on as you play and it will automatically report the counts of games you are in.

Another cool thing they do on mirc is alliance pop (which is very similar to what Tenjuna will be holding on the 23rd). might be a bit different today, but when i wus using mirc, it wus held every night. basiccally you pay 8 sojs to get in, they tell everyone in it what server to look for n wait a bit. after that, they sell all the sojs everyone payed on that server until dclone pops. But you cant tell anyone on mirc that isnt in the alliance pop wut server to look for, that can also get you banned.

I also dont believe mods on mirc let u buy other ppls games (people used to sell they're server if it was a good one for like a soj or 2). they dont do this cause some people would abuse it and come back to their game they sold n kill dclone when he comes themself n take the anni too (just pointing this out).

Credits for this part of the guide goes to Zergling ^.^

pm me if you have any further questions

Tenjuna's Diablo Related Links

weapon speed calculator - I used this the most

complete character tables - this was my main reference when choosing gear

lukestealers useast

bnet useast

armor appearance

bowazon guide

clan honor - specifically their link section, tons of great info there

diabloii.net

weapon upgrade damage calculator

energy shield explained

druid info

elemental skill calculator

pvp info tables

paladin info

planet diablo

sorceress info

arreat summit - items

arreat summit - crafted items

arreat summit - news

weapon damage formulas

www.d2data.net

Other Links

Here's the link for PPR's moved site location. It includes his Fr/w calc, block calc, dmg calc, and ar calcs...- Credit goes to r3load for this link

IAS for sins - Credit goes to Ling203 for finding this link.

Tables, tables, and more tables on all you need! - Credit goes to swordbarb for finding this link.

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Here is the reasoning behind the numbers when your account is closed.

(0) Offensive account name

(1) Advertising an inappropriate website

Inappropriate websites may include sites that promote or provide game hacks, programs with embedded virus code, pornography, or other destructive or intrusive materials that are not appropriate on Battle.net.

(2) Spamming in a channel

Please be advised that Blizzard Entertainment has an aggressive stance against any account that is used to spam a Battle.net chat channel. Spamming a Battle.net channel disrupts the normal flow of dialogue in the chat room and violates the Battle.net Terms of Use Agreement and/or End User License Agreement of the game.

(3) Stealing other player