Staff, retired staff, Admins all moved to Gold Members

tenjuna

• Site Owner

I have removed all user groups outside of Members and Gold Members. All retired staff as well as people who were still in staff groups have been moved to the Gold Members group.

While trying to clean up the site I noticed a couple of people were "moderating" posts, which is totally unnecessary and defeating the purpose of what I am trying to accomplish right now.

Once the site is arranged the way I want it, I will revisit this and get people back into groups that properly designate their past efforts.

1 minute ago, tenjuna said:

I have removed all user groups outside of Members and Gold Members. All retired staff as well as people who were still in staff groups have been moved to the Gold Members group.

While trying to clean up the site I noticed a couple of people were "moderating" posts, which is totally unnecessary and defeating the purpose of what I am trying to accomplish right now.

Once the site is arranged the way I want it, I will revisit this and get people back into groups that properly designate their past efforts.

I only touched two posts!

Err, 'moderated', not touched. I leave the touching to the girlfriend.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tenjuna said:

It wasn't just you dude, relax. I do not want ANY changes to posts, especially old ones. This IS a nostalgia project after all.

I am relaxed. Joking tone of voice not conveyed properly on my previous post.

Ti's the limitations of purely textual digital communication. I'll need to brush up on my use of emotes and their use to properly convey emotional context via the interweb.

• Upvote 1

• Site Owner
11 hours ago, MajorThor said:

As a lowly JMod I only ever moderated trades for shit like Hellfire Torches and Anni Charms. You had some pretty serious Spamcops back in the day and your senior staff pretty well and kicked ass. Haha. 

Oh My God, MajorThor!!!! How the hell are ya dude?

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, tenjuna said:

Oh My God, MajorThor!!!! How the hell are ya dude?

Hey there bud, not too shabby these days! I'm all growed' up with a big kid job, went and got myself a fine missus (and a cat!) I've missed you dudes like, a-lot haha. Tell me what's been going on with you these last like....5 years?! Haha. Also, is the paid mod list up to date by chance? 

• Upvote 1

• Site Owner
9 minutes ago, MajorThor said:

Hey there bud, not too shabby these days! I'm all growed' up with a big kid job, went and got myself a fine missus (and a cat!) I've missed you dudes like, a-lot haha. Tell me what's been going on with you these last like....5 years?! Haha. Also, is the paid mod list up to date by chance? 

Yeah I just put that mod list together Friday.

Really the last 5 years can be summed up in the phrase "nursing school". That's pretty much all I have been doing since I got divorced in 2010. Hell I don't even date because I am too busy. My life is so same same if you had asked me 5 years ago what I was up to, I would be pretty much giving the same answer now lol. I am working towards my Doctorate in Nursing Practice, and still have another 3-4 years of school left.

I just recently moved to North Dakota for a change of scenery, and in 3 years I am hoping to move to Arizona, Texas, or Florida.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, tenjuna said:

Yeah I just put that mod list together Friday.

Really the last 5 years can be summed up in the phrase "nursing school". That's pretty much all I have been doing since I got divorced in 2010. Hell I don't even date because I am too busy. My life is so same same if you had asked me 5 years ago what I was up to, I would be pretty much giving the same answer now lol. I am working towards my Doctorate in Nursing Practice, and still have another 3-4 years of school left.

I just recently moved to North Dakota for a change of scenery, and in 3 years I am hoping to move to Arizona, Texas, or Florida.

Other than the divorce bit, it seems you're doing well! You have a collective of goals you're working hard on attaining! My mom and sister are actually both RNs here in town man and I helped them study with their index cards' worth of terminology/etc so you have my respect in that regard, it's by no means an easy career path to take. I can also totally relate on the no dating front, before my current job I had to be hyper focused ON the job or else I would have fallen behind (I'm now working for the local school district in Facilities Services.) What prompted you into heading down the path of a healer? (Because you've always been so tech-savvy.)

• Upvote 1

• Site Owner
9 minutes ago, MajorThor said:

Other than the divorce bit, it seems you're doing well! You have a collective of goals you're working hard on attaining! My mom and sister are actually both RNs here in town man and I helped them study with their index cards' worth of terminology/etc so you have my respect in that regard, it's by no means an easy career path to take. I can also totally relate on the no dating front, before my current job I had to be hyper focused ON the job or else I would have fallen behind (I'm now working for the local school district in Facilities Services.) What prompted you into heading down the path of a healer? (Because you've always been so tech-savvy.)

I got really sick in 2009-2010, which was what prompted me to basically disappear, then my wife bailed on me and my life kinda fell apart. I finally pulled myself together and it occurred to me that I should go after my dreams rather than wasting my life being unhappy.

I was a combat engineer and field medic in the army a thousand years ago, and I enjoyed the medic part of it. I had always wanted to try nursing, so I went for it and here I am.

Besides, I am specializing in Nursing Informatics, so I am still using the IT part of my brain too lol.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, tenjuna said:

I got really sick in 2009-2010, which was what prompted me to basically disappear, then my wife bailed on me and my life kinda fell apart. I finally pulled myself together and it occurred to me that I should go after my dreams rather than wasting my life being unhappy.

I was a combat engineer and field medic in the army a thousand years ago, and I enjoyed the medic part of it. I had always wanted to try nursing, so I went for it and here I am.

Do you need me to go key her shit? Because I will. I'm happy you waded through the trenches of fuck and came out victorious! I'll be checking in on the site regularly, now that it's even up! I'm in a transitioning phase at home (moving in a few weeks) and when I can stabilize my finances a bit I'll toss few your way for site maintenance. I really wanna see this place take off again. 

• Downvote 1

• Site Owner
1 hour ago, MajorThor said:

Do you need me to go key her shit? Because I will. I'm happy you waded through the trenches of fuck and came out victorious! I'll be checking in on the site regularly, now that it's even up! I'm in a transitioning phase at home (moving in a few weeks) and when I can stabilize my finances a bit I'll toss few your way for site maintenance. I really wanna see this place take off again. 

I don't expect that the site is going to "take off", and please use your money for the move, I appreciate the thought but this should be the last thing you are thinking about lol.

• Upvote 1

TrustyTrader is currently meaningless and shouldn't be held to any standard. Back a decade ago when people actually had use of the program I would somewhat agree. Tho I can't help but to chuckle at your GM threshold at 70 as it happens to be yours exactly. That GM status was allocated to those who Cain recognized as huge contributors to the site. #dontbegbro #dontgetmadplz #flagrantmisuseofhashtag 

Edit: If it'll ease your tension a tid bit, I've been around for over a year longer than you have (at this point, 2005-2016, a year seems miniscule) and I JModded for quite a stint and I'm considered a standard member now. :-D

• Downvote 1