How did you find Dtrades?

Joz

That sizzling sound you can hear in the distance, is Dv_Death and PlaysWithSquirrels ears burning right off.

A long long time ago, in a trade channel of Diablo 2, Dv_death was looking for a victim. He wanted a C-Grip and didn't want to pay for it. So along came I, with my C-Grip that was not the C-Grip he wanted.

And he tried doing the act 2 bar scam to me. I trolled him. He told me about this place, and the rest is history.

Yay :P

I was invited to join by the original owners, before Tony (Futon) took over. I was given the amazon and paladin forums/ladders to mod. It was a very small site until Futon, Enzo, Duped, and Pobezo took over. Brook and Futon had been mods at JSP. Brook made his own site. Duped (Mac) was heavily involved at all 3 sites at one point or another.

• 2 weeks later...

Guy named landshark told me about jsp and here......jsp I got an infraction on my first day there, the mod was a complete jerk about it.  In fact he refused to remove it even 8 years after.  Came here, landed in the right spot on Warsguild.com and poof staff for a few minutes or three.  Also became a mod/member of the eaglesnest for old gamers......

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Administrator
On 6/28/2016 at 10:34 PM, tenjuna said:

Moved this to General Chat, trying to keep the place a little organized while I clean house.

I think it's safe to say that dTrades found me :P

Join date, bro ;). I actually had an account before this one...I think it has long since been purged.

Don't entirely recall how I stumbled across dTrades, but I think I'm one of the oldest surviving members at this point. I do recall fond times of setting up trades from the computer lab at school...

Also, http://www.dtrades.org/index.php?/membermap/ is kinda cool. Assuming the iplooks are accurate...surprised to see some people who lived so close to me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm aka Engel,  some other names I can't even remember.  I was a classic zva zon also in .09 before becoming a more regularly active zvzer towards the end of .09  I came across dtrades... somehow obviously in 2005, before that I relied on in game trade channels and games to acquire what I wanted.  I pretty much avoided trade sites up until that point.   I found the concept of FG ridiculous and didn't understand the concept when you had SOJs and actual items.  Ah well :P

I zvzed for awhile before and after, time permitting.  Took over zvz ladder for awhile.  Over the years though I became skeptical of the zvz community as a whole,  the zvz ladder itself became fairly mundane to me, it was no longer about being the best of the best, but more so fighting the same 3-4 people over and over again, and crushing new comers and not really about improving.  I found a lot of the zvzers that made the top lists weren't really as good as the ladder made them seem, suspected that at least 2 of them over the years were closet modding AA toggle.  But ah well,  ancient history now.

Pretty much quit ZvZ after awhile, thought up a pally bashing build that turned out to be a good build for regular pugging and played casually in mostly public games.  My Poison Telebowa with 4.5k Life <3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Was in a Hpd CBaal run a few weeks back and some guy was talking about buying items here. I would normally buy from in game spam bots in USEast channels because when I was like 13 playing D2 my friend said Jsp was for hackers :P  Came here in check it out and browsed anonymous for awhile and finally signed up. 

Long story short, thank you random Zon 

• Site Owner
12 hours ago, vpg.patrick said:

Was in a Hpd CBaal run a few weeks back and some guy was talking about buying items here. I would normally buy from in game spam bots in USEast channels because when I was like 13 playing D2 my friend said Jsp was for hackers :P  Came here in check it out and browsed anonymous for awhile and finally signed up. 

Long story short, thank you random Zon 

Unfortunately, the site is way past its peak days but it's pretty cool people still talk about this place. Thanks for signing up, and hopefully once I am done with school and have time I can do something to bring this site back up to speed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...