Anyone else just get invited to the DIII beta?

• Administrator

This beta installer is an obsolete piece of shit.

My SSD C drive has no where near the 15+ GB required to install the beta. However, I have ample room on both my A and B drives. But... the D3 beta installer reads both the A and B drives as FLOPPY drives and won't even check the size available... I don't even own a floppy drive and can't recall the last time I saw one... So, I had to remap my B drive as G, which completely fucked up many of my installs, including Steam and Skyrim, and only now will the beta will install... Also, the system requirements for D3, as listed on b.net, read 12 gig, yet the beta is 15...

I have 40+ games on the B drive and have never come across this issue before. I guess I learned a valuable lesson though, don't map HDD drives as A or B during installation.

• Administrator

My SSD C drive has no where near the 15+ GB required to install the beta. However, I have ample room on both my A and B drives. But... the D3 beta installer reads both the A and B drives as FLOPPY drives and won't even check the size available... I don't even own a floppy drive and can't recall the last time I saw one... So, I had to remap my B drive as G, which completely fucked up many of my installs, including Steam and Skyrim, and only now will the beta will install... Also, the system requirements for D3, as listed on b.net, read 12 gig, yet the beta is 15...

I have 40+ games on the B drive and have never come across this issue before. I guess I learned a valuable lesson though, don't map HDD drives as A or B during installation.

Owned.

I assume this means you got an invite though?

• Administrator

Owned.

I assume this means you got an invite though?

In a way.

My brother's WoW friend received an invite and was nice enough to share it with the both of us. However, the log-in required is the email that the invite was sent to so that means only one log-in at a time. That, plus the horrible half-direct, half-P2P dowloader means I haven't been able to play yet. I just finished downloading and installing the game this morning. (+ Several other B drive tasks, like re-installing ~60 Skyrim mods.)

I hope to play tonight.

^ Example of the posting margin glitch caused by the member box.

• Administrator

beat it already, its kinda shitty, nothing special

I enjoyed it.

I played as a Monk and found it to be linear but fun at first. Once I was allowed to go out into the more open graveyard area I was pleased. The combat was fun and I really liked the achievements and all the little bonus' you can get for destruction and multi-kills, etc. I like how the town was set-up with the WP in the middle and all the NPC's around you in a circle, yet it didn't feel unnatural in that way. I felt things like that, and the item idenifying and TP processes, and much more, were more subtle and welcome refinements of the same D2 game. The Skeleton King was challenging but I was able to down him at lvl 10. I also really liked the 'Jar of Souls'. I didn't do any of the blacksmith stuff but overall I was happy to play the game, I felt they stayed true to D2's gameplay and cut out a lot of the time waster's/repetitive actions.

The only issue I had was that my latency was constantly terrible and I don't know why. I went private and played solo and at times my ping would read as high as 2,800 and usually 150-300. It resulted in several undeserved deaths but the game was fun enough that I fought through it. This made no sense to me as I can play 64 player BF3 without issue?

• 1 month later...