TT is now live!

tenjuna

• Site Owner

as you can see I have added a new TT system. since I have absolutely no intention re-writing it from scratch yet again (the first version had to have taken like 50 hours of coding to get it right), I have decided to have an outside developer re-work a similar mod that he already had.

the new system is going to function a lot like the eBay feedback system, with the exception that anyone can leave any feedback for anyone. I am implementing flood control so that someone can't just spam the hell out of your scores. people who try to mess with my system will find themselves on the wrong end of my heavy ass ban stick. I may put in the requirement that you post a link to the actual trade thread, we will see how it goes first.

in the avatar info section in topics/posts, you can see the current scores and feedback left.

green = positive feedback

gray = neutral feedback

red = negative feedback

you leave feedback by going to that members' profile or by clicking the "TrustyTrader" link. you can see their past feedback by clicking on "Feedback Scores:"

you can only leave feedback once per day, and must use the CAPTCHA to do so. this will keep spamming down...I can't make it only one per person, but I can make it pointless to spam it out.

I intend to put the TT shields back up once I figure out how to modify that avatar info section. how it is earned will remain the same.

if your scores are wrong hold on to your panties I am still working on it...as I said in the first post.

:thumbsdown:

i replied to the first pm saying I can only accept paypal gift currently, does that work for u?

I didnt get it....but yeah I dont have PP :(

but yeah forget it anyways..didnt see the 9 negative lol

can u pm this guy saying that my 9 negatives are actually positives because its currently ruining a trade of mine lol

I am still trying to figure out the multiple feedback thing...but it is starting to look like we may have to abandon the TT of old and restructure how we as staff recognize those members we feel are absolutely trustworthy.

you could just just like u'll ban those users from here on out who rate people multiple times or something to force people not to do it

I am still trying to figure out the multiple feedback thing...but it is starting to look like we may have to abandon the TT of old and restructure how we as staff recognize those members we feel are absolutely trustworthy.

you could just just like u'll ban those users from here on out who rate people multiple times or something to force people not to do it

It would be way to much to moderate ya know?

well for most people that value there accounts here, if that rule was posted saying like ull be banned if u double rate someone, i know i wouldn't dare to do it.

thats me tho, I don't really know for others. i actually did double rate nb-fusion a few days ago to see if i could, (before this thread was posted ofc)

well for most people that value there accounts here, if that rule was posted saying like ull be banned if u double rate someone, i know i wouldn't dare to do it.

thats me tho, I don't really know for others. i actually did double rate nb-fusion a few days ago to see if i could, (before this thread was posted ofc)

I get what you're saying but even if people did it would be to hard to monitor(I think) ya know?

• Site Owner

look at your group :rolleyes:

TT is still turned off, I have a programmer helping me figure out how to go about this.

at the very least I am going to make it like ebay and have first feedback count towards number, but future feedback can still be left without lifting the score. this will cut out people spamming feedback.

more than likely though the TT as we have known it is dead. I _might_ come back to the shield thing, but right now I don't know.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Site Owner

I was able to work with the developer on adding flood control and CAPTCHA support to this, so once I can get the file package sent to me, I will be opening TT finally.

what I decided on with the TT shield is to add a second group tag that says TrustyTrader on it. I am going with green and black outline with silver or gold text...whatever strikes me as fitting based on the old shield coloring.

since I have already put in the ability to have 2 group tags show up, that is way easier that trying to add yet another admin field and a way to put a shield in the avatar section. plus it saves space.

if anyone hasn't noticed, I am totally leaning on the very easy way to get this stuff done...I am soooooo not going to put in thousands of hours to recoding stuff that took me thousands of hours to do the first time.

• Site Owner

tt is live.

nice, I hope the shield is not coming back though, imo it was ugly and really ...umm out of place

but the new system looks nice =) I like the idea of showing all votes and allowing neutral votes instead of a total of positive and egative

since I have already put in the ability to have 2 group tags show up, that is way easier that trying to add yet another admin field and a way to put a shield in the avatar section. plus it saves space.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Owner

Hey is there a guide to use the TT system?

Also, how do you prevent a user from getting bogus TT reviews?

All negative votes need to get approved by admin or staff, and usually need to have some sort of proof involved for the negative rating.

this is simply not true. I wish people would actually read the stuff I post.

people can leave whatever feedback they wish, hence why it's called feedback. I don't even know what prompted me to have a queue for negative ratings in the first place, it was a huge waste of time refereeing people.

if you want to ensure good feedback, then do good trades.

obvious troll feedback will be dealt with on a case by case basis. please note that you complaining about it does not make it obvious *to me*. it will have to be pretty cut and dry before I will even deal with it. not everyone can be lovey dovey with everyone else, and you can expect to get negative feedback if people are not happy.

Hey is there a guide to use the TT system?

Also, how do you prevent a user from getting bogus TT reviews?

All negative votes need to get approved by admin or staff, and usually need to have some sort of proof involved for the negative rating.

this is simply not true. I wish people would actually read the stuff I post.

people can leave whatever feedback they wish, hence why it's called feedback. I don't even know what prompted me to have a queue for negative ratings in the first place, it was a huge waste of time refereeing people.

if you want to ensure good feedback, then do good trades.

obvious troll feedback will be dealt with on a case by case basis. please note that you complaining about it does not make it obvious *to me*. it will have to be pretty cut and dry before I will even deal with it. not everyone can be lovey dovey with everyone else, and you can expect to get negative feedback if people are not happy.

I was wondering what the policies are on positive TTing someone more than once. are you allowed to do it for every different trade you do with a person? or only once.

someone just TT'd me and I realized he did earlier also, because we have done 2 different trades recently

• Site Owner

again, obvious abuse will be dealt with on a case by case basis.

obviously, I am sure people will report repeated use of negative feedback long before they report positive.

this isn't the old TT guys, so wrap your head around the new system, this is as good as I can make it without removing it entirely.

• 4 weeks later...