Anybody Playing Skyrim?

madd-hatter

• Administrator

Do I have to make every damn thread around here?

Skyrim looks pretty sweet. I'm thinking about getting it for PC if a nice Black Friday deal comes up. No need to rush the single player games. I wanted to read some real people reviews first tho.

I've got close to 55 hours in BF3. Level 37.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/fear_my_ego/stats/250231574/

21 - 9 in fantasy football.

This one is my free treat to you: http://www.firstrowsports.tv/

Don't spread it around too much, it's likely to get shut down.

Dear Norv Turner: RUN THE FUCKIN' BALL. The Chargers are the most undisciplined team in football and I can't fucking stand watching them play.

Suck it, bitches.

I'm still playing Bad Company 2

Why?

I'm trying to plat the goddamned LMGs, half the SMGs, all the all-class wepaons, rex, 1911, the autopistol thing, and the fucking AUG.

I hate the fucking AUG.

Also, all the vehicles, lmg turret, at4 turret, the at4, the RPG-7, c4, anti-tank mines, paddles, and i need to grab a few more dog tags to hit 666

• Administrator

The new Tron and Star Trek movies are awesome. If you haven't seen them, watch them.

How long have you been under a rock for?

Those movies have been out a year or so...

Eh, I usually end up watching movies 2-12 months after their release. I'm not a big movie buff so it's hard for me to commit 2-3 straight hours to something. I'll watch a different South Park, Simpsons, or Futurama DVD disc every night tho. (Or just have it on.)

I have multitaskeritis. Haven't seen a film in theaters since The Dark Knight. I plan on going to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo tho. New Trent Reznor soundtrack!!

Those 2 were really good tho. Especially Star Trek, I was surprised. I didn't want it to end. But that's J.J. Abrams, should've known better.

62.5 BF3 hrs.

Almost to 11k posts! Wow!

I bought skyrim and love it. If you ever got into the other elder scrolls games or liked oblivion than you will like this to. Bethesda does a really good job building on the franchise with each game imo. If you weren't into the previous titles then i'd suggest renting first obviously that won't give you near enough time to get anywhere significantly but may save you the 50 or so bucks from buying.

• Administrator

Black Friday

Bought MW3 and Skyrim for $52 each. $32 for Dark Souls. Metroid: Other M for $5.

The new model Wii's suck, they aren't GameCube backward compatible anymore. So I got this one for $150, used, "like new."

16.2 MP Sony TX10 camera for $170. Clothes and toys for nieces and nephews.

Talked my dad into buying his self a $150 Garmin.

I miss turkey.

Skyrim is probably best western rpg I played so far. Not really a fan of them since the only ones I actually liked playing was diablo 2 and now this. Demons souls and Dark souls were too damn hard to be any fun.. Dark souls wasn't so bad but still insanely hard..

And lucky you guys have black fridays, our "black friday" sales are so shit.. but ..52$ for skyrim doesn't sound all that great.. I got it for 50$ + I got the steelbook case for it free

• Administrator

I've monitored it's price since it released and $52 is the lowest I've seen it go online. I'm talking about the PC version though, might have something to do with it.

The NBA season is alive! 66 Game season, just in time to save me from post-football depression.

Is it just me or is the prices between canada and US seem more fucked up cuz of the economy?

PC games in canada generally sells for $50, and PS3/Xbox are $60, I got my ps3 version for 50$ cuz I got a preorder bonus (I preordered a week before released and got a steelbook case with it also)

Also looking at computer prices, it seems that most of the major components cost the same.. I remember there was like a 30-50$ gap just a few years ago o.o

Don, how the fuck do you have over 100 hours on BF3 already?

Bought the new Assassin's Creed, Batman Arkham City and BF3 for 30 bucks each on Black Friday. Have yet to crack them open. Can't wait.

My roommates play skyrim way too much and they love it. I don't like the elder scrolls games though.

I can't speak for the rest, and Skyrim has a lot of bugs with the recent patch that makes me sad, but still the game is amazing for a single player RPG.. it is a bit too easy though..

• Administrator

Dude, I don't have a clue.

I had looked forward to it for a long time so I took a 2 hour long road trip with a buddy to go to my most reliable chronic source 2 days before BF3 released. The week after BF3's release is when I logged the majority of my play time. Looking through my account at my gun statistics; I don't recall using most of those weapons for anywhere near the amount of time that it states I've used them. I just recall C4'ing everything at the beginning b/c it was a blast. (haha @ the pun.) I also don't know who half the people on my friends list are or recall playing with them. My K/D is 1.5 though... IDK... Like I said, my guy is reliable... Purple and orange shit that looks like sugar has been sprinkled on it.

I just recently got motivated enough to overclock my 1.5 year old boss gfx card. I'm now playing the game on ultra @ 1080p with around 31-38 fps. But, I'm pretty much a tank whore at this point, kind of passively playing while waiting for the Back to Karkand expansion and some much needed balance patching.

I ordered Skyrim on Black Friday, along with Dark Souls, and have yet to receive either. ><

What platform(s) are you playing those games on? I've never liked Assassin's Creed. I played the demo for Batman 1, it was ok. It was a little like MGS4 in a weird way... That said, I'd much rather play MGS4. (<- best single player experience this gaming gen, fingers crossed on Skyrim.)

Dude, I don't have a clue.

I had looked forward to it for a long time so I took a 2 hour long road trip with a buddy to go to my most reliable chronic source 2 days before BF3 released. The week after BF3's release is when I logged the majority of my play time. Looking through my account at my gun statistics; I don't recall using most of those weapons for anywhere near the amount of time that it states I've used them. I just recall C4'ing everything at the beginning b/c it was a blast. (haha @ the pun.) I also don't know who half the people on my friends list are or recall playing with them. My K/D is 1.5 though... IDK... Like I said, my guy is reliable... Purple and orange shit that looks like sugar has been sprinkled on it.

I just recently got motivated enough to overclock my 1.5 year old boss gfx card. I'm now playing the game on ultra @ 1080p with around 31-38 fps. But, I'm pretty much a tank whore at this point, kind of passively playing while waiting for the Back to Karkand expansion and some much needed balance patching.

I ordered Skyrim on Black Friday, along with Dark Souls, and have yet to receive either. ><

What platform(s) are you playing those games on? I've never liked Assassin's Creed. I played the demo for Batman 1, it was ok. It was a little like MGS4 in a weird way... That said, I'd much rather play MGS4. (<- best single player experience this gaming gen, fingers crossed on Skyrim.)

I play on the 360. My computer is shit and my dad kept the PS3 when I left for college. I love the Creed games, especially the third one. I also hated Arkham Asylum but Arkham City is supposed to be better. I started it today and it's alright.

I've yet to play MGS4. I can't stomach the fact that it contains hours of cutscenes. I play games to play games. I watch movies to see a good story.

I want to start playing BF3 online but I haven't played a BF game since BF1942 and I don't really want to fuck up my K/D ratio so early. Is the campaign any good?

• Administrator
Is the campaign any good?

It's a total rip on CoD campaigns, which I personally don't care for at all. I played the first two levels, got bored as shit, started seeing what would happen if I shot my squad mates/dogs, and said "fuck this shit" and went back to MP. If you like the CoD campaigns, you'd probably enjoy it. But you could always use it as a quick crash course in the game's physics engine and controls.

If your worried about your k/d, start off with conquest on the bigger maps and play engineer and tank whore it. Keep an eye on the ground in front of you for AT mines though. Blow those bitches up with your main cannon to pile up the anti-explosive ribbons for quick leveling. The assault class would be ideal on the smaller maps with TDM/Rush due to the ability to deploy your own med kits and reviving teammates can also pile up the points quickly. Recon is the hardest class to get points with, initially, but you can feel safe hanging out behind your team if you want to build a slow rhythm. Also, don't forget to spot enemies, switching to the pistol is faster than reloading, and knifing at close range isn't always a good idea, hip fire work better unless you can get behind them and assassinate them for their dog tag. Also, sprinting around everywhere, thinking your going to scope up before your opponent, like CoD, will leave you in a pile of your own blood.

MGS4 has the highest production values of any game I've ever played. It's a wonderful combination of game and movie. There is probably around 1.5 hours of cut-scenes total, with the longest one clocking in at around 20 minutes. A bad rep from the ADD generation of CoD twitchiness is a complement if you ask me. You can skip the cut-scenes if it's really that big of a deal... Best PS3/360/Wii game I've ever played...

I still don't fucking have Skyrim.