FOOTBALL!

madd-hatter

• Administrator

Football is officially here now that the fantasy football leagues are drafting and I am stoked.

Don's super bowl prediction: Battle of the birds. Ravens vs. Falcons (or Eagles)

Also, Charles will lead the league in rushing yards, Vincent Jackson in receiving, Rivers in throwing yards. Brady will win another MVP. (GOD DAMNIT!) His TE's will catch 20 TD's. Michael Vick won't play more than 12 games. Aaron Rodgers won't have anywhere near the success he had last year. Texans are my current favorite team. (I change constantly based on player movement and play style.)

No more fucking Brett Favre! Let's talk football!

This is what I think should happen (although it probably won't. Reality is fickle).

Superbowl: Chargers vs. Eagles (Maybe Packers, but I'm not big on repeats)

Ray Rice leads fantasy scorers. Charles wins the rushing title. Roddy white edges out Andre Johnson in receiving yards (only because of Johnson's health). The colts offense declines significantly this year. The Texans and Cowboys will compete for the most highpowered offenses this year (I sense big things for all the key skill positions on both of these teams). Gates' injuries catch up with him, allowing Daniels (if he stays healthy) and Finley to reign supreme among TEs. Josh Freeman ends up a top 5 QB. McGahee revives his career for a year. Manningham outscores Nicks.

I also think some relatively unknown sleepers/rookies hit it off big this year. I'm big on Daniel Thomas, Roy Helu and Julio Jones. I also feel some well established players will not live up to their name this year.

On a biased note, Frank Gore plays all 16 games, Alex Smith is a top 10 QB, Braylon Edwards returns to stardom and Patrick Willis earns more fantasy points as an IDP than the number 10 overall running back this year.

• Administrator
Superbowl: Chargers vs. Eagles (Maybe Packers, but I'm not big on repeats)

No.

Roddy white edges out Andre Johnson in receiving yards

Neither will be #1

Josh Freeman ends up a top 5 QB.

No.

McGahee revives his career for a year.

No.

Manningham outscores Nicks.

No.

On a biased note, Frank Gore plays all 16 games,

No.

Alex Smith is a top 10 QB,

No.

Braylon Edwards returns to stardom

No.

and Patrick Willis earns more fantasy points as an IDP than the number 10 overall running back this year.

No.

Vick is only going to play 9 games.

Don't buy that Eagles hype yet. Signing a pool of FA vets doesn't guarantee a SB trip. They have two highly volatile QB's, the only one thats worth a spit at throwing is made of glass (Vick). Its the usual suspects in the AFC, Pittsburgh and New England, San Diego. Indy (my team) is makin me nervous. I believe the last 4 years of Manning's career are going to be a downward spiral. Sad to say it, but I expect no more rings from the hand of Manning. We had two shots already, and wasted many more. The Manning era could have reaped upward of 4 -5 championships but we never got that defense where it needed to be.

The NFC, as usual, is a bit more clouded. Minnesota is strangely being omitted from any talk of a championship run. I think they have the pieces still for a SB visit. Fuck Dallas, self-entitled bitches. Americas team my ass, they haven't won a playoff game since the 90's but the media still talks like they three-peated just last year.

Green Bay, hey why not......I highly doubt a return to the SB for them but they are more prepared than most other NFC teams save for the Eagles, who are perennial conference troublemakers. The NFC tends to lend a dark-horse to the SB, so I'm saying Minnesota vs New England for the SB.

• Administrator

Minnesota is a surprising pick. Especially since they reside with the Packers, Bears, and Lions (who I have high exceptions of.) I don't see the Vikings finishing the season over .500.

I like the Chargers and the Saints a lot too.

And why must that faggy douche known as Drew Rosenhaus be everyone's god damn agent?

• 1 month later...

Bump to make fun of our lousy predictions.

Rike had a couple good ones.

Yea, that Minnesota prediction didn't work out. I thought McNabb had something let in the tank. But I made up for it with my Philly comments;

Don't buy that Eagles hype yet. Signing a pool of FA vets doesn't guarantee a SB trip. They have two highly volatile QB's' date=' the only one thats worth a spit at throwing is made of glass (Vick).

[/quote']

I think Manning should be the first player to win MVP while not playing a single game....WTF 0-6? (Soon to be 0-7). The Colts failure wasn't a surprise to me, I figured us at 9 or 10 wins tops with Manning, but we can't even beat KC?

I know Rike's gotta be lovin the niners.

• Administrator

I think Manning should be the first player to win MVP while not playing a single game....WTF 0-6? (Soon to be 0-7). The Colts failure wasn't a surprise to me, I figured us at 9 or 10 wins tops with Manning, but we can't even beat KC?

Yeah, Rike started a pride thread and our whole fantasy league has been talking about the 49'ers all week. (I've been doggin' on Smith mostly.) You should play fantasy football with us next year. http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=594389

I could agree with Manning. I'm not surprised either. An Andrew Luck pick up with 2 or 3 more years of Peyton mentoring sounds like an ideal situation for the Colt's. They're competing with the Dolphins tho...

As you know, I also live in IN. For the last several years, I've always enjoyed hatin' on the Colts while all these Indiana wannabe football fans act like they know what they're talking about. As soon as I start legitimately discussing football with them, I find they don't know the difference between a DE and a offensive tackle or Calvin Johnson and Chris Johnson. I've greatly enjoyed the Colts demise. However, I would like to see Luck become a Colt. If for no other reason than to continue the bashing. I see that many "fans" have deserted their beloved Ponies. Several of my friends have received free tickets.

I'm enjoying the Texans, Bears, Saints, and Lions. I'm still high on both the Ravens and Falcons, although I haven't enjoyed watching them. I'm not too pleased with Flacco or Ryan.

Yeah, Rike started a pride thread and our whole fantasy league has been talking about the 49'ers all week. (I've been doggin' on Smith mostly.) You should play fantasy football with us next year. http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=594389

I could agree with Manning. I'm not surprised either. An Andrew Luck pick up with 2 or 3 more years of Peyton mentoring sounds like an ideal situation for the Colt's. They're competing with the Dolphins tho...

As you know, I also live in IN. For the last several years, I've always enjoyed hatin' on the Colts while all these Indiana wannabe football fans act like they know what they're talking about. As soon as I start legitimately discussing football with them, I find they don't know the difference between a DE and a offensive tackle or Calvin Johnson and Chris Johnson. I've greatly enjoyed the Colts demise. However, I would like to see Luck become a Colt. If for no other reason than to continue the bashing. I see that many "fans" have deserted their beloved Ponies. Several of my friends have received free tickets.

I'm enjoying the Texans, Bears, Saints, and Lions. I'm still high on both the Ravens and Falcons, although I haven't enjoyed watching them. I'm not too pleased with Flacco or Ryan.

Never played FF before but have considered it. I always used the excuse that I'm too busy to mess with it, but after some thought, I do spend a bit of time watching NFL Network and talkin football online. It couldn't hurt to try.

About the Colts and the faggy fans. I think we have one of the most bandwagon-esqe, fickle, suburbanite, wanna-be fanbases in the league. Our home crowd looks like they're attending a Billy Graham sermon, its embarrassing. I became a Colts fan back when I was 9 years old and we got our team, so I bought in. I get punked on for wearing my Colts gear by the same fags that have been wearing Colts gear during the good years. If you can't wear your teams hat when they're 0-6, then you shouldn't wear it when they're 14-0....fuckin fags!

We should revisit predictions after week 8 is done.

• Administrator

Fantasy football is the bomb. We do a $20 buy in, 3rd place gets in the next year for free. We did an auction draft for the first time this year in league 1 (I run 3 leagues total.) I enjoyed the auction a lot. You can see the results of it here.

We did a standard "snake" draft in league 2. If you watch football, you might as well play ff, it isn't difficult.

I typically get called a bandwagon jumper. I suppose it's true. I like what I like and if the team sucks to watch, then I'm not gonna waste my time with them. I am a fan of the game. The players are from all over the world and change teams frequently, so do I. I have favorite play styles and players, and those are who I root for and watch.

Fav players: Cutler, Brees, Rodgers, Sproles, SJax, Foster, Boldin, Steve Smith, Janikowski (Oakland's kicker,) Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Suh, Brian Dawkins, Jared Allen.

Fav players: Cutler, Brees, Rodgers, Sproles, SJax, Foster, Boldin, Steve Smith, Janikowski (Oakland's kicker,) Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Suh, Brian Dawkins, Jared Allen.

Sproles has been sorely underrated for years. The Saints have seamlessly replaced the over-hyped underachieving Bush with relative ease and at a much more sensible cost.

I wish I could dig up the post I made years ago where I was straight up saying Aaron Rodgers was gonna be big, and this was when Favre was still there. He just had that look of a beast QB. Clay Matthews is probably my fav player in the league.

BREAKING NEWS!

Jim Irsay has filed rape charges against the New Orleans Saints organization.

The report reads "The indianapolis Colts were invited into the home of the New Orleans Saints Sunday night at approximately 8:30 PM. They were just sitting down to dinner when the entire Colts team ingested the drug Rufinol, which was added to the Gatorade drinks provided them by the suspects in question, and subsequently passed out. While unconscious, the Saints proceeded to undress and assualt the Colts brutally, even video taping the incident and broadcasting the assault across national airwaves for the entire nation to witness the dignity robbing vile acts performed upon them. Quarterback Drew Brees was listed as the ringleader, reportedly violating the Colts every orifice while the defensive squad of the Saints held the barely conscious victims down for over 3 hours".

lol......seriously, maybe we should file charges. This was the third biggest blowout in NFL history, spanning a gap of over 70 years.

http://sports.yahoo....slug=ac-7058894

The NFL is always a highly competitive league. No matter who the opponent, every team has to play their hardest to earn that win. Sometimes, however, either the effort is not there or things just don't go your way. Either that or your opponent just beats you unmercifully. With that being said, let's take a look at the top five biggest NFL win margins ever.

December 8, 1940: Chicago Bears 73 - Washington Redskins 0

Washington never stood a chance. The Chicago Bears beat the Redskins up and down the field for the biggest margin of defeat ever in NFL history. Chicago destroyed Washington in every aspect of the game. The Bears ran the ball 53 times for 381 yards while holding the 'Skins to just five rushing yards on 15 carries. The Bears defense picked off three different Washington quarterbacks eight times, three of which were returned for touchdowns. Bears running back Bill Osmanski rushed for 109 yards and a score while Harry Clarke rushed for 73 yards and two scores. What makes this even worse for Washington fans was this was actually the Championship Game….

October 18, 2009: New England Patriots 59 - Tennessee Titans 0

How can a team lose when their running back (Chris Johnson) rushes for 128 yards on only 17 carries? Oh yeah, when your quarterbacks throw for a total of -7 yards. This game was all about Tom Brady(notes), as he threw for 380 yards and six touchdown passes. Randy Moss(notes) caught eight passes for 129 yards and three scores while Wes Welker(notes) hauled in ten passes for 150 yards and two scores of his own. Patriots running backLaurence Maroney(notes) also had a great game rushing for 123 yards on 16 carries and also found the end zone.

January 15, 2000: Jacksonville Jaguars 62 - Miami Dolphins 7

Something tells me this game didn't go down as Miami quarterback Dan Marino had hoped. Starting in his last game in the NFL after an amazing career, Marino never seemed to get settled in at all. He did throw a nice 20 yard touchdown pass to Oronde Gadsden, but that only cut the lead to 41-7. Jaguars' running back Fred Taylor(notes) ran all over the Dolphins for 135 yards and a score, and also scored on a 39 yard pass as well. The Jaguars' defense ate the Dolphins alive, picking off Marino twice and also forcing six fumbles and recovering five of them during this 2000 playoff game.

January 14, 2001: New York Giants 41 - Minnesota Vikings 0

This game might not have the point differential of the biggest blowout, but the shock value is what stands out. The Giants absolutely pummeled the Vikings in this playoff game by allowing only nine first downs and 114 total yards to a team that was fifth in the NFL in points scored during the 2000 season, averaging 24.8 per game. New York held Daunte Culpepper(notes) to only 78 yards passing, and Cris Carter and Randy Moss only had five receptions combined. Giants quarterback Kerry Collins(notes) fared much better, throwing for 381 yards and five TD passes while wide receiverIke Hilliard(notes) hauled in ten passes for 155 yards and two scores.

November 26, 1972: New York Giants 62 - Philadelphia Eagles 10

For a rivalry as intense as the Giants vs. Eagles, this game left little to the imagination. The G-Men rolled over the Eagles, allowing only eight first downs all game and caused five turnovers. New York quarterbacks threw for five touchdowns combined and running back Ron Johnson ran for 123 yards and two scores. Receiver Bob Tucker also had a nice game, catching eight passes for 100 yards and two touchdowns.

• Administrator

Haha. Yeah fuck the Colts. What I'm more interested in is how does Brees not achieve a perfect QB rating when throwing 35 times, with 4 incompletions, 5 TD's, no picks, and 325 yards.

AND FUCK TIM TEBOW, WHAT A FUCKING FAGGOT. THE MOST UNTALENTED STARTING QB I HAVE EVER SEEN, I CANNOT BELIEVE THE ATTENTION THAT SACK OF SHIT GETS.

Haha. Yeah fuck the Colts. What I'm more interested in is how does Brees not achieve a perfect QB rating when throwing 35 times, with 4 incompletions, 5 TD's, no picks, and 325 yards.

AND FUCK TIM TEBOW, WHAT A FUCKING FAGGOT. THE MOST UNTALENTED STARTING QB I HAVE EVER SEEN, I CANNOT BELIEVE THE ATTENTION THAT SACK OF SHIT GETS.

The way the media was kissing his ass for that mediocre "comeback" win against Miami had me so sick I could just shit my draws. The dude is a fuckin clown with the most bizarre throwing motion since Vince young. Watch him throw, he lowers the ball to his hip and winds it out. I suspect his technique is much the reason for his horrible accuracy.

About Brees' passer rating, I have no fuckin clue. 89% completion rate is far too high for that to have lowered his rating, no picks and five TD's....how is that not a 158.3?

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

God damn the Colts are retarded.

lol and fuck you!

Can we not have some fucking dignity this year? Is it that big of a deal for us to have a few wins?

Oh yea......LOL @ TEXANS.....sorry bastards.

The Colts are missing their pro bowl QB.

The Texans are missing their pro bowl QB, 2nd string QB, pro bowl DE, pro bowl WR, and this year's top D coordinator.

Caldwell should be fired immediately. He has never done a god damn thing anyways and I'd blame him 100% when Reggie Wayne leaves the team at the end of the season.

I didn't watch the Colts game but I see a lot of Texans complaining about referee calls. Confirm or deny.

And it is really a shame that the Texans won't have Schaub (or even Leinart) for the playoffs. They're going to be hardpressed to keep up with playoff teams.

I for one don't really blame the Colts for potentially missing the chance to draft Luck. It's a lot of money to dole out when he really isn't needed for at least a year, if not three. Unless Manning is injured next year and can't play, Indy has time to prepare for Manning's departure.

The Vikings need a QB however.

• Administrator

Confirm or deny.

On the Colts final drive, a big pass to Wayne landed them on the 20. Then, they earned 0 yards, over the next several plays, while riding 3 or 4 penalties to the 1, where Orlovsky tossed a lob for Wayne.

The most questionable penalty was a roughing the QB call where, I think J.J. Watt, wrapped up Orlovsky's ankles from behind, as he was throwing, and Orlovsky fell forward... It was weak.

The Colts also received a bad call on a 'helmet to helmet' hit that allowed the Texans to kick a FG, instead of punt, earlier in the 2nd half/4th quarter. I felt the refs kinda fell apart in the 4th.

Overall, the Texans lost the game more than the Colts won it. They were far too conservative. I think Yates only threw like 16 passes and more than half of them were roll-out dump offs to a TE. Foster played pretty well. Ben Tate didn't do jack shit. Bethea, the Colts safety, may have had his best game of the season and the Colts D line played very well. Foster did most of his damage on stretch plays, taking advantage of the Colts undersized CB's and safeties.

The Colts still have the first pick locked up as long as they lose to Jacksonville... However, losing to Jacksonville may be easier said than done. Gabbert is among the worst rookie QB's I've seen but MJD is the current leader for the rushing title.

If I were the Jags, I would do my best to lose that game intentionally, in hopes of keeping the #1 pick out of the division...

I am already looking forward to next year's fantasy draft. Ryan, you finished 3rd, again, in league 1. So your covered, again, for next year's buy-in. Ruk, you should play.

I didn't watch the Colts game but I see a lot of Texans complaining about referee calls. Confirm or deny.

Meh.....one true bad call, that only seemed to make up for a bad personal foul (As Hatter mentioned) call on the colts. There was also a missed offensive interference on the colts......but other than that it was ticky -tacky.

I'll say this, as horrendous as the Colts have played this year, if a few questionable calls led to the Texans defeat, then they aren't ready for the post season.

The Colts are missing their pro bowl QB.

The Texans are missing their pro bowl QB' date=' 2nd string QB, pro bowl DE, pro bowl WR, and this year's top D coordinator.[/quote']

We're missing our Probowl TE, MLB, two starting DT's, an O-line starter and a HoF QB.

Where the Colts screwed up was not having a plan-B if Manning was gone. We started with an alcoholic retired hack that was trying to be a country music artist, went to a crusty rookie that had never had a start and ended up with a guy that had just come from an 0-16 team a few years earlier and had never won a game. The way the whole thing was handled was a disaster and the Colts didn't find their seas-legs until week 15.

• Administrator

We're missing our Probowl TE

Clark is an average TE on his own. When Clark went down last year, Peyton made Tamme look like a pro bowler too. Clark did most of his damage during Harrison's waning years and after Marvin left the team.

I'm glad you brought him up. It's time to part ways with him too. I'm pretty sure he is among the highest paid TE's, if not -the- highest, and he's an ineffective down field blocker.

If the Colts are approaching a rebuilding/passing of the torch scenario, then it's time to (finally) develop the run game (yeah, right), and you need a TE who can block in order to do that. A 30-some year old, non-blocking, injury prone, overpaid TE, who is past his prime, is not a plus in the Colts' future. He still has receiver skills, but they have a plethora of receiver skills without him... They need some youth and toughness.

The Colts are too old. All that winning and late draft picks will do that to a team. I'm surprised that Freeny and Mathis are still as effective as they are... But that won't last much longer either.

Shame that Peterson tore his ACL today... :confused:

We're missing our Probowl TE

Clark is an average TE on his own. When Clark went down last year, Peyton made Tamme look like a pro bowler too. Clark did most of his damage during Harrison's waning years and after Marvin left the team.

I'm glad you brought him up. It's time to part ways with him too. I'm pretty sure he is among the highest paid TE's, if not -the- highest, and he's an ineffective down field blocker.

Clark has been shit this year. Stone hands, fumbling, bad routes. His speed seems to be gone. Considering the dude CANNOT block a fucking pygmy, what use does he have if he isn't catching whats thrown at him? Time to send him and his paychecks packing.

Shame that Peterson tore his ACL today..

I reckon that fucked some fantasy owners pretty good.

Nice to see Tebow showing what happens when he tries to play a real NFL team. Frickin junk QB. Line the clown up at TE and they might have an NFL star,

• Administrator
Line the clown up at TE and they might have an NFL star,

Good point. I don't know why they are encouraging him at the QB position so heavily. I'm still waiting to see an NFL team start a new form of duel QB backfield. I thought maybe the Eagles would pull it off with Kolb and Vick. Orton and Tebow would have worked too.

The Broncos are now tied with the Raiders and need to beat KC next week... : ) ... Time for Orton's vengeance.

• Administrator

You know Shannon and I deserved the championship match in league 1. Fuck Maurice Morris.

I lost Schaub and Cutler in back-to-back weeks. Made a trade deadline move to acquire Eli and he puts up 3.3 in the championship round while Darren McFadden sat on my bench, for the 7th consecutive week, despite being "Questionable" every god damn week. So, Blake beats me by 2 points while the Steelers can't sack or pick Alex fucking Smith one time and Gronkowski has his 3rd worst game of the season after posting 10 TD's in his previous 6 games.

I deserved to win both leagues. Don't talk to me about should'ves.

+ I outscored you during the regular season and beat her by 21 in the semi-finals, so I don't see how you came to that conclusion anyways.

------------

Tebow vs Steelers in the wild card round, muhahaha

Brees for MVP?

Calvin passes Welker!!

wtf Matt Flynn!

I think he's gay.

Seriously.

Consider this;

In the 91 year history of the NFL, there have only been 2 players to come out as gay, and 1 that has been outed post mortem by a lover.

David Kopay, an NFL running back who played for five teams (San Francisco, Detroit, Washington, New Orleans, Green Bay) between 1964-72, becomes the first professional team-sport athlete to come out -- doing so three years after retiring. He admits his homosexuality during an interview with the now-defunct Washington Star.

Jerry Smith, a tight end with the Washington Redskins from 1965-77, dies of AIDS complications. Smith never acknowledged that he was gay, but in David Kopay's autobiography, Smith was described as his first love.

Roy Simmons, an offensive guard for the New York Giants and the Washington Redskins from 1979-83, reveals he is gay during an appearance on The Phil Donahue Show.

91 years, an estimated 75,000 men and only three gay men. Thats 1 out of every 25,000. According to a 2002 Gallup poll, 1 out of every 5 people are gay.

This tells us one of two things;

1) Pro-Football attracts only heterosexual men.

2) Pro Football players are classic closet fags.

Now if I'm a gay man, I don't see why football would be an unattractive pursuit. Plenty of time spent with the gender of my sexual preference. Hot showers, ass-slapping, tight pants and grasping men by their buttocks and wrastlin them to the ground......sounds like a Chinese buffet for gays.

From a social-psychology standpoint this is very interesting. Perhaps this is proof that homosexual men are indeed effeminate and are not like "real" men, in that they do not seek to behave with machismo in contests of strength as normal men do.

Dumbed down version;

Fags are sissies.

and/or.....

Fags are sneaky lying cowards that enjoy working out and ogling other men incognito.

I believe both to be true. In closing, this is why I refuse to use a urinal in public restrooms. If there are more than 4 men in a restroom at a given time, than at least one of them is gay and wants to look at your dick. A urinal station is a virtual cock line-up for the gay man and I refuse to be one of their subjects.

Also....Tebow is gay.

• Administrator

Yup, the 49ers played with an extreme level of intensity. I was rooting for the Saints but the 49ers were so impressive that I was happy to see them win. Congrats to them. Davis' emotions at the end of the game were so strong that they made me emotional. I love sports, I love the NFL.

On a semi-related note, I fractured my right hand playing basketball yesterday morning at the YMCA. A new appriciation for a pair of healthy hands.

Yup, the 49ers played with an extreme level of intensity. I was rooting for the Saints but the 49ers were so impressive that I was happy to see them win. Congrats to them. Davis' emotions at the end of the game were so strong that they made me emotional. I love sports, I love the NFL.

On a semi-related note, I fractured my right hand playing basketball yesterday morning at the YMCA. A new appriciation for a pair of healthy hands.

It wasn't your jack-off hand I hope. I hate that. I hurt my right hand years ago and I was trying everything to replace it. There's nothing like 'ol righty.

Watching the G men take it to the Pack right now. Great game.

Oh.......and Tebow is a fag.