random poet thread

Joz

You don't know how my mind works at a million miles an hour. My imagination churning out images faster and faster. Gears in clockwork clicking and clacking, silent outside eyes of fascination.
Inside this carefully crafted life; outside is a crafty lie.

A mystery best left undiscovered; a pain left best unrecovered.

But a mind that sees into darkest depths; can't be seen by brightest eyes.

Sadness in hearts so blind; blinded by nothing with pain inside.

Irrelevant color stains ideals; fears whisper into our ears; paranoia and prejudice force our hands.

Life lives life to the fullest; fulfillment in slander, horror and lies.

Strange times watched afar, ever after the word is spread. Forever saying what is never said, always waiting without our heads. Promised not what we have bled, only what lies and truth we shed.

• Administrator

Didn't care for the first two, the third one flows nicely.

The second one reminded me the Smashing Pumpkins for some reason. I hate the Smashing Pumpkins.

There's no earthly way of knowing

Which direction we are going.

There's no knowing where we're rowing

Or which way the river's flowing.

Is it raining?

Is it snowing?

Is a hurricane a blowing?

Not a speck of light is showing

so the danger must be growing.

Are the fires of hell a glowing?

Is the grisly reaper mowing?

Yes! The danger must be growing

For the rowers keep on rowing.

And they're certainly not showing

any signs that they are slowing!

I win.

Didn't care for the first two, the third one flows nicely.

The second one reminded me the Smashing Pumpkins for some reason. I hate the Smashing Pumpkins.

There's no earthly way of knowing

Which direction we are going.

There's no knowing where we're rowing

Or which way the river's flowing.

Is it raining?

Is it snowing?

Is a hurricane a blowing?

Not a speck of light is showing

so the danger must be growing.

Are the fires of hell a glowing?

Is the grisly reaper mowing?

Yes! The danger must be growing

For the rowers keep on rowing.

And they're certainly not showing

any signs that they are slowing!

I win.

Copying willy-wonka doesn't count.

haven't had the balls to do that in front of a big audience yet haha but there are some outlets.

You just gotta go to some open mic nights and do it. People at those things are very supportive. Don't think about; go and perform. The poem I posted is the piece I do for open mic nights and I didn't even plan on performing it the first time. I went with some friends and they wound up getting me on stage.

If you enjoy what you are creating it's really something to see the reaction you get from an audience.

haven't had the balls to do that in front of a big audience yet haha but there are some outlets.

You just gotta go to some open mic nights and do it. People at those things are very supportive. Don't think about; go and perform. The poem I posted is the piece I do for open mic nights and I didn't even plan on performing it the first time. I went with some friends and they wound up getting me on stage.

If you enjoy what you are creating it's really something to see the reaction you get from an audience.

thanks man! i might just do that. there are some open mic nights at a few shops around me along with on campus. i'll try it out haha

• 2 months later...

Boredom breads emocreativiity on facebook

[Every single memory we make, is all but forgotten when we wake. And every single time that we take, to tell those around us to forget all that we hate. And all that remains is what makes us become what we hate, forever waking up to the memories that we wish we didn't make.

And now that we are here and alone we look back on our past, uncertain and unknown. We look into the future so bright, realizing with fright what lies we might write. And all that we know and we hate, and all those memories we make all but forgotten with this fate.]