Ladder Reset - 3/28/11

madd-hatter

6 months is barely enough time to get a decent char going unless you're "hardcore" and have no life, no job and no pussy. Unless you cheat/buy items. I really wish they'd move all content to be available in non-ladder (Runewords, items etc).

I haven't played for years because of this. I've almost started playing again as a time sink when I'm bored, but the frequent resets on ladder and the unavailability of content on non-lad have kept me from doing so.

*waits still for D3....

• Administrator
6 months is barely enough time to get a decent char going unless you're "hardcore" and have no life, no job and no pussy. Unless you cheat/buy items. I really wish they'd move all content to be available in non-ladder (Runewords, items etc).

I haven't played for years because of this. I've almost started playing again as a time sink when I'm bored, but the frequent resets on ladder and the unavailability of content on non-lad have kept me from doing so.

*waits still for D3....

I sort-of agree. I have no problem building up a good character selection in six months, but it doesn't seem like that is enough time to enjoy playing ladder...

*waits still for D3....

I sort-of agree. I have no problem building up a good character selection in six months, but it doesn't seem like that is enough time to enjoy playing ladder...

The point of ladder, I assume, is to be among the first to get to the top of the ladder, in respect to LvL. Considering the ridiculously boring and redundant nature of what one must do to get to LvL99, whats the point of all this?

I believe they should have made all ladder content available to non-lad players years ago. Ya know, back when the game was still relevant.

A casual player only gets 6-10 hours a week to play. By the time you get your ladder account to a point where its fun and dynamic, you get kicked to the non-lad basement. I popped in a few times over the years since I officially quit, and the robot spam attacks made trading games unbearable. Its hard to wheel-n-deal now that so few people play. Back in 2006-07, you could take Pgems and mediocre items and make great strides toward amassing HR's and hustlin your way to riches in a rather timely manner. It seems a bit of a pain in the ass nowadays.

• Administrator

I agree with you.

The poll they took is deceiving because the players most likely to vote were the quick-swarming jsp botters who got bored of ladder months ago.

I started playing ladder in late December. With $22.50 dumped into 120x hr to start up, I was just able to finish 7x characters in that time. (Lit Fury, Zeal, Lit, ES Orb, WWsin, Conc, Ele) I am still short 2x 30+ ele lifers but... Pretty close...

I am currently playing (no bot) 20+ hr's/week and I didn't even know about the poll until it was over...

I would say 1 year reset or every 6 months and give at least the ladder runewords/cube rolls to NL. Not too concerned about the drops.

Diablo? Seriously?

Seriously. Its a cool game in which you can create a character to fight evil minions. I had a black guy as a character. He would throw hammers a plenty at hordes of demons. Diablo is basically the devil guy that wants to destroy the realm of man. Also, you can make your own equipment. I made a helmet. It was pointy at the top. You can collect pretty gems too! I like gay sex. But I'm not gay. Also in diablo you can join other people online and have adventures. I made lots of great friends playing diablo. The game is never ending fun. They are even making a third installment of the diablo franchise that will be released sometime in the 21st century. I can swallow jizz without throwing up. This one time, at rogue camp, I paid a dyke to repair my sword. She banged on the sword like "tink tink tink" and it was in perfect condition. I could then travel the world and battle demons with my sword. I can gape my asshole to 30 centimeters using a 2-liter bottle. The game is very immersive and fun. you can order the game online or purchase it at many fine electronic entertainment retailers. The best part is, since the game is 27 years old, you can get it for cheap. Like $1.50 at Best Buy. I was raped by my uncle on Christmas morning. The game seemingly never ends. You can level up to 99 and still it keeps going. If you like you can even duel other real players for bragging rights. Collect their ears and show it to people. If I had a sister I would fuck her.

Diablo? Seriously?

Seriously. Its a cool game in which you can create a character to fight evil minions. I had a black guy as a character. He would throw hammers a plenty at hordes of demons. Diablo is basically the devil guy that wants to destroy the realm of man. Also, you can make your own equipment. I made a helmet. It was pointy at the top. You can collect pretty gems too! I like gay sex. But I'm not gay. Also in diablo you can join other people online and have adventures. I made lots of great friends playing diablo. The game is never ending fun. They are even making a third installment of the diablo franchise that will be released sometime in the 21st century. I can swallow jizz without throwing up. This one time, at rogue camp, I paid a dyke to repair my sword. She banged on the sword like "tink tink tink" and it was in perfect condition. I could then travel the world and battle demons with my sword. I can gape my asshole to 30 centimeters using a 2-liter bottle. The game is very immersive and fun. you can order the game online or purchase it at many fine electronic entertainment retailers. The best part is, since the game is 27 years old, you can get it for cheap. Like $1.50 at Best Buy. I was raped by my uncle on Christmas morning. The game seemingly never ends. You can level up to 99 and still it keeps going. If you like you can even duel other real players for bragging rights. Collect their ears and show it to people. If I had a sister I would fuck her.

LMAO

• Administrator
*madd-hatzor

Argh, 6 months seems like such a short time :\

Yeah, it does.

I couldn't pass up playing norm and nm from scratch with Shannon and my brother tho.

Lvl 44 zealot, bro is 43 fury, shannon went lit sorc.

I've had fun so far.

Faggots on jsp are already bidding 5k on jah runes.

*madd-hatzor

Argh, 6 months seems like such a short time :\

I had to say no, but the temptation was there. Its been over 3 years since I played seriously (A few comeback attempts that were short lived). I told myself "just for old times sake, one last ladder season". D3 will be out within the year (probably a lil less) and just one more go at it. But that overwhelming "been there done that, whats the point" feeling was too strong.

Sitting here right now just thinking about it, I admit, it sounds fun. But I'm the sort of mindset that I can't invest that kind of time into something knowing how fruitless it is. If the Lad season was set at 1 year, I might have been able to convince myself to do it. But 6 months? Nope.