greatest upgrade to input devices.

Seto

As I've seen many gamers do, they invest a great amount into their mouse with high dpi and extra buttons but not once have I seen anyone mention mechanical keyboards.

A mechanical keyboard is seriously the greatest peripheral that can be added to a setup.

You can read more about them here:

http://www.overclock.net/keyboards/491752-...oard-guide.html

I use a Razer blackwidow ultimate and it is seriously the biggest upgrade ever. Compared to a regular keyboard typing on this thing is just amazing, no fatigue on fingers at all.

also the most responsive keyboard, with a clicking feed back (not good in quite environments) is kind of nice to have.

this uses a cherry blue switch vs the black used in steel series 6gv2 and 7g. the different types of switches is mostly based on preference... and IMO the blackwidow > the 6gv2/7g since requires less force to actuate the keys and the feedback is really nice to have when typing.

Wow@details...

I use a Logitech media keyboard and haven't ever had any problems. Perhaps I don't know what I'm missing?

its not that you don't know what you're missing, probably most people don't but then if you think about it most people have never typed on a mechanical keyboard.. you should go check it out.. I never had a problem with my logitech g15 either but then I decided to play with a mechanical keyboard at a store and I just had to buy one after I played with it =p

• Administrator
Wow@details...

I use a Logitech media keyboard and haven't ever had any problems. Perhaps I don't know what I'm missing?

its not that you don't know what you're missing, probably most people don't but then if you think about it most people have never typed on a mechanical keyboard.. you should go check it out.. I never had a problem with my logitech g15 either but then I decided to play with a mechanical keyboard at a store and I just had to buy one after I played with it =p

Well come time for my next computer build/buy I'm definitely going to look into this...

• 6 months later...