Is this laptop good?

RoundBear

My HP has 2 gb of ddr2 ram 2.0ghz dual core and a 512 mb dedicated ati radeon gpu and for sc2 to run "okay" all setting are on medium to low... mostly low. Its safe to that the game will probably run on that laptop, but I'm fairly certain all your setting will have to be set on medium or low and it will look like shit. If you plan to do any type of gaming outside of minesweeper it is necessary to have a dedicated GPU.

Only slightly bad part is the Vista operating system.

yeah, but that can quite easily be changed.

@seto probably someone who is getting their laptop for playing games is going to have it on a table the majority of the time.

@seto probably someone who is getting their laptop for playing games is going to have it on a table the majority of the time.

Yea but that is going to add around a $100 to your final cost.

When the laptop is in use its going to be set on something so I don't see why the weight would matter. Also I bet when it is on power saver settings the battery life is at least 1hr 30min+.

Yea but that is going to add around a $100 to your final cost.

When the laptop is in use its going to be set on something so I don't see why the weight would matter. Also I bet when it is on power saver settings the battery life is at least 1hr 30min+.

i was referring to other cost-free unspeakable methods.

I've been really happy with my HP laptop. I've had it for a couple years now and it runs everything really well. The trick when buying laptops is to know exactly what you're looking for. If you're looking for a gaming laptop make sure you get a dedicated video card, otherwise you are wasting your time. If you stay patient and know what to look for you will find one within your budget.

P.S. Dells suck.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the input! Well how about this? High end sony laptop vs mac?

Has your budget for this increased? If so your options become so much better...

I would say mac if you know how to use it.

aside from all the people hating on macs and bashing them I find they have superior build quality, also OSX is much smoother than windows everything looks much nicer too.

I'm not being bias since I do not own a mac, but if I ever do need an upgrade for a laptop a mbp is definately what I'm getting next