Keeping the Peace

AXO

• Administrator

I'm sorry, but I am not willing to take anyone's word that the dog was not posing a threat. The fact of the matter is we will probably never know.

This kind of reminds me of a situation awhile back where an old lady had a (large) knife in a parking lot. The police showed up, dropper her, and the situation was resolved. People cried "police brutality," but what would have happened if she would have seriously injured someone?

Was killing the dog excessive? Maybe, but these police are doing a job that I would not want to do. Sometimes decisions have to be made and I do not feel I am in any position (without proper perspective) to criticize them.

• Administrator
anyone seen 'shooter'? probably wasn't a good idea to kill his dog.

Edit: also pretty sure there was another way 5+ officers could handle 1 dog. i just know i wouldn't be okay with them firing in my house when my family was present.

If you break the law you should expect to get fucked - plain and simple.

Edit: also pretty sure there was another way 5+ officers could handle 1 dog. i just know i wouldn't be okay with them firing in my house when my family was present.

depends how severe the situation is...

• Administrator

depends how severe the situation is...

What do you mean? I expect to get fucked every time I speed. If you're doing something wrong you can't complain a whole lot when things don't go your way. Of course fucked is relative to the crime you commit...

What he said...

and honestly I would shoot a dog if I was in that situation and had a threat against me. Sure, its just a dog. But have you seen what dogs can do to things? I would definitely kill a dog instead of having scars on my leg from it biting me. Fuck that.

• 2 weeks later...

i would think there are better ways of taking care of this situation than to traumatize a child with the death of his dog that the police caused. at his age, schools are trying to sink into their heads that cops are "good" people. poor kid