FF13

Adelaide

Never really got into the FF games.

From what I saw from trailers it seems like it would suck playing it on the console (controller limitations)...

true/false?

its an rpg designed for consoles so I don't see any limitations... so I would say false..

it looks as amazing as any other rpg, except the xbox 360 limitation..

they cut out some stuff in the north american release so the 360 require too many discs

• Administrator

I planned on playing it friday night on acid.

So I took it, it kicked in while I was playing Demon's Souls. I got toasted by a dragon so I quit.

Put in FF13, tried playing, I lasted maybe 20 minutes. It was extremely overwhelming. All the new info and actions going on at the same time blew my mind. + the visuals... I've seen no better example of a HD menu and GUI than FF13. The menu's are stunning, I find myself starring at the lines in amazement to their sleek and razor sharp edges.

Graphics rock pretty damn hard.

I ended up play age of empires with a bunch of my friends. My g/f has 16 hours logged in ff13 now, I haven't got a 2nd chance to play. She beat 7 and 9, says 13 is the most fun in terms of gameplay and controls. I do have to say the world map looks very appealing.

Never really got into the FF games.

From what I saw from trailers it seems like it would suck playing it on the console (controller limitations)...

true/false?

its an rpg designed for consoles so I don't see any limitations... so I would say false..

it looks as amazing as any other rpg, except the xbox 360 limitation..

they cut out some stuff in the north american release so the 360 require too many discs

yeah, the 360 version is 3 disk and not even near the same visual wise, im in chapter 10 on FF13 now..i may play it tonight but i got no real time

however i agree that is it false, FF was made for consoles and does very well in it..it would probably feel weird on a computer trying to play it...curious on how FF14 online will be..i doubt ill try it though..the last one was decent but not that impressive compaired to normal FF games

• Administrator

I'd bet that FF14, D3, and other current PC games + newcomers will trump WoW to pieces if it doesn't ditch the subscription fee.

FF11 had a bad launch; Different consoles launching at different times in different regions. Plus it was the first attempt of any online component from Square, not to mention first online FF game.

FF14 will be much more refined and organized. With a better technology build from a solid base engine (There is nothing wrong with FF11)

It's supposed to be free to play online on the PS3, FF14 will be huge in the Asian regions.

I'd bet that FF14, D3, and other current PC games + newcomers will trump WoW to pieces if it doesn't ditch the subscription fee.

FF11 had a bad launch; Different consoles launching at different times in different regions. Plus it was the first attempt of any online component from Square, not to mention first online FF game.

FF14 will be much more refined and organized. With a better technology build from a solid base engine (There is nothing wrong with FF11)

It's supposed to be free to play online on the PS3, FF14 will be huge in the Asian regions.

yes but after all the work they did to 11 aswell it was a bigger hit, but it came out at a bad time but there were some insane boss battles there..i remember some taking 15 hours to do in full groups...

But FF14? i think it is going to possibly destroy most online games if sqaure does everything right...If they take FF11 learn from it and go from there and use a lot of the FF13 features and designs and just build the game properly it will be insane.

then with D3 and SC2 ..i personally think WoW is in trouble...Square is coming back into the game and hitting big..and coming into the online gameplay sector also...it could be interesting

yes but after all the work they did to 11 aswell it was a bigger hit, but it came out at a bad time but there were some insane boss battles there..i remember some taking 15 hours to do in full groups...

But FF14? i think it is going to possibly destroy most online games if sqaure does everything right...If they take FF11 learn from it and go from there and use a lot of the FF13 features and designs and just build the game properly it will be insane.

then with D3 and SC2 ..i personally think WoW is in trouble...Square is coming back into the game and hitting big..and coming into the online gameplay sector also...it could be interesting

sc2 isn't an rpg though, it won't hurt wow as bad as ff14 and d3 would..

i h ave to say ..sc2 is really addicting though

• 2 weeks later...

yeah true sc2 is RTS but still D3 is going to hurt it a lot and i cant wait till around december for FF14 to be released...wow never got my attention i didnt like the cartoonish characters or the whole childishness of the game at most times..but thats just me..i hope D3 turns out the way we all want it to though but blizz knows what they are doing so time will tell

• 2 months later...