Post Count Revision

madd-hatter

• Administrator

I just recently joined a Nine Inch Nails fan forum. They are using some post count method that, I believe, is rewarding post count by words in the post?

http://www.echoingthesound.org/phpbbx/view...1843301#1843301

I've posted one time but my post count reads 1.24715. Every user has 5 or so decimal places behind their post count.

I think this is a pretty cool little feature, that would be a benefit here, especially once D3 blows up. (Given our spam and post count issues that arose during D2's height of popularity.)

This is the first time I've seen something like this and I don't know anything else about it but I figured I'd bring it to public attention.

Dunno if i can post here but yeah thats damn cool.

The only really downside I can see is the trading forums.

Long FT posts will destroy that system and give people an abnormal amount of posts for simple lists.

The same goes for short offer posts....

would be great for everywhere else though

iphone weird spacing sorry

• 2 months later...

That is unique. I believe the same things as said above. Something I thought about if that is to happen is, have a select few that are dedicated, just like price checkers to go through threads and close any threads such as described above. If a post is closed due to only the stuff typed, not early bumps and such then the amount that the person received will just be deducted, that is if you can find a way to figutre out how they did what they have. We could have a section for the uber godly items and then a section for the not so good things, and then a section for the long trade lists. If your list has x amount of items in it you must post in that section. This would help people locate the items they need instead of searching and would lower the amount of spam in one specific place. Each section has a different ratio for words. So that way posting just large trade lists will not get the post count up like mentioned above. Let me know what you think of this guys.