PostAbout's 5th Birthday & I need your help!

tenjuna

• Site Owner

To those of you that have no intention of ever coming back to the site even when Diablo 3 comes out, please reply to this so that I can permanently delete you from the system. I don't want to waste your time, and I am cleaning out the site anyway.

=====

Hello all, I just wanted to send out an e-mail and PM prior to our 5th Birthday just in case people forgot about our little corner of cyberspace.

If you still play Diablo 2, mark your calendar for our birthday bash all day Saturday, August 29th. As I am downsizing my involvement in D2 sales for the most part, I am going to be giving away the parts of the store that don't sell anymore LOL. I will also take this opportunity to ditch about 146 accounts, as it's simply time for me to move on.

Speaking of which, it is time to clean the site out, and I need everyone's help. To those of you that are willing, what I would like for you to do is find topics that are no longer relevant, have outdated information, or are simply BS. You can submit changes, requests for topic deletion, suggest topics to be pinned, etc.

Please submit your entries to me via a PM titled SITE CLEANUP, as I will not be working on this until at least September. While I appreciate everyone's help, I do not guarantee that I will act on your request. The point of this is to clean the site up as much as possible before I upgrade to a newer version of IPB. Some info I may find useful or somewhat relevant so please do not take offense if I ignore your request.

That leads me to the final topic of this message...TeamGaming, C2oC, tenjuna (the site not me), dTrades, palaPK, PostAbout, and a few others will be permanently retiring in favor of DiabloThree.net and .org. Those domains will instead have a splash page informing of the new domain name and will then auto-forward to the new site. There is no point in trying to keep old sites alive, as for me it is time to move on. We will all be here for D3, so let's make the new site reflect that.

I would like everyone to start looking for the best skin to use for the new site. Price is irrelevant, and I would like good candidate skins for both IPB 2.3.x and IPB 3.x. Whatever skin we ultimately decide on, the version of IPB it supports is what I will upgrade to. Submit skin candidates to me via a PM titles SKIN CANDIDATE...and PLEASE make them relevant to D3. This means do not send me links to cotton candy themed skins and stupid crap like that. I don't have the time to waste, let's try to keep this serious guys.

I have accomplished basically everything I wanted during the last 5 years, and I am proud and very happy with the results, even though the glory days of the site are long behind us...I have had a great time, and I believe there is more to be had. Now is the time to clean the site up and move on to the next level.

As I intend to play Diablo 3, and I am sure a lot of others will come back to do the same, let's have some fun with the next version of the site...keep the changes and ideas coming!

I am focusing this next round of upgrades purely on what you guys want...so to those of you that keep PM'ing me telling me you will do anything to help out the site, it's now time to put your money where your mouth is.

Peace.

tenjuna

a.k.a. Jason Cain Cross

Happy 5th B-day Dtrades (i'll still consider it this no matter how many name changes). It's definitely been awhile and I hate that I haven't been very active. My old roommate BuDMaN was the one that got me started on d2 and this site. Although he has now moved on to WoW /sigh.

I was playing WoW for awhile, but nothing beats playing a game for free. I've recently started playing again and look forward to the giveaway if I happen to be home on Sat. I've been pretty busy myself.

Neways Happy 5th B day again Dtrades and gl no matter what u do Tenjuna/Cain

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Owner
just bought 10 sets of d2 and lod cd keys to give away saturday...not sure if anyone even needs them but at $3.75 per set what the heck.

Time to bust out the dusty CDs, this sounds like fun. 146 accounts jeeez lol :D . Do you know what time on Saturday will this be going on? Work...ugh. :D

all day.