PS3 with 2 controllers for $250

• Administrator
is this still up for grabs?

and do I have to get the sony credit card? (not sure if its in canada)

Yes and yes.

The $150 dollar credit is for signing up for the sony card. Its not actually $150 off your purchase - you get the money credited to your card 8-12 weeks. So, at that point you have $150 to spend on whatever...

is this still up for grabs?

and do I have to get the sony credit card? (not sure if its in canada)

Yes and yes.

The $150 dollar credit is for signing up for the sony card. Its not actually $150 off your purchase - you get the money credited to your card 8-12 weeks. So, at that point you have $150 to spend on whatever...

Ohh, So pretty much I can get anything with the 150?

where does the 2 controllers come in? amazon deal?

I'm going to look into this credit card for Canada.

Yea, this card isn't available in Canada, The Canadian one is a Mastercard

Sucks to be a canadian.

Think I'm going to get this for my parents and sell one of the controllers to a friend of mine - ~$200 PS3 before taxes/shipping...

Not bad.

Yea sometimes It does suck. But anyway anyone know anything of the expected 100$ price drop thats been declined by sony numerous times?

If that does happen I'll pick up a ps3 then.

• Administrator
a slim is probably coming as well.

although im sure its missing features.

What else could they possibly cut out?

Well, they originally made the PS3 as a sort-of media hub. Basically capable of doing everything, my favorite version (and the one I own.)

Then, in order to give the poor public the price cut they demanded, they removed some features in order to release a cheaper SKU (SD cards, backwards compatibility, lowered the USB ports from 4 to 2, etc.)

They could go farther and remove built in Wi-Fi, possibly remove bluetooth sensors so it could read less controllers (it currently can pick up 7 + remote), and as they progress the cell chip, it will be cheaper. But that is just me talking...

The point is; Sony has taken a loss on every PS3 they have sold, no matter which model. They will not be able to produce an even cheaper model without removing features.

People complain about the price of the machine when the reality is that Sony's machine is the only one worth the money. In fact, your ripping them off.

I am now running Linux on mine. The cell chip has tested faster than intel's new chip models.

I say fuck those who want a price cut. They can either get better jobs, learn how to balance their finances better, or keep their dumbasses on xbox live so I don't have to hear them.