Site Status 03/02/09

tenjuna

• Site Owner

I just spent another round of cash doing some more updates...this time I added:

- 20 gigs of memory across the servers, which has substantially increased performance overall

- battery backup replacements...hey it only took me 2 years. now the servers will stop rebooting when the power goes out at the studio...no more lost drives woohoo!

- 4 terabytes of hard drive space...this is to do redundant backups and start keeping aggregate logs for the firewall and all the web sites. will be very nice to see where traffic is coming from and when it gets here

- dual xeon server for beta testing bookaserver.com...this will be done internally to begin with to minimize production and testing time...this is where I will need help from you guys in testing.

- dual quad xeon server in chicago for actual usage of bookaserver.com...I have a gigabyte internet connection on that thing, oh so fast it makes me horny.

=====

in other news, I have decided to re-introduce Global Modearators. say hi to your new Ass. Admins (lol couldn't resist): Iamnumbaone and -tori-!

these 2 have been very helpful to me over the years, and I will be counting on them to help the other moderators keep all you monkeys in line. this will free up some of my time to work on the underpinnings and new features, rather than spending all my time cleaning up.

staff positions have been shuffled, and I am currently looking for:

Arcade Mod

Diablo 2 Ladder (PvP) Mods

Price Checkers

I know I posted previously looking for people to post interest, but now that I know specifically what I need, post here please.

=====

I would like to hear some input on new forums...if there is a game that needs to be added, now would be a good time!

same thing goes for features...if there is something I should be doing, now would be a good time to tell me.

=====

finally, I wanted to report that I do intend to somehow bring back the dTrades name to the site, but I am still mulling how best to accomplish that.

I am also going to re-add the blue/green Surge skin and the dark grey Fusion skin...if you guys remember those and liked them goodie. this is not a small amount of work so do not expect it quickly or soon.

next, I am in the process of selling some old computer and xbox 360 gear, and all my D2 stuff...I am going to use this money to port over the old default white Mactastica skin. to those of you who remember dTrades with that look and want it back, goodie for you...now pitch in a few bucks to help.

;-)

Why not set up the dtrades and postabout address to mirror off each other? (incorrect termonalogy), so that its the same website, just differnt URL (depending on whats typed in.) ..

I so dont know how to explain that one. meh.

p.s. if you have some tv tuner cards, or other pc-tv equip, give me a pm, im intrested in buying some stuff.

Your other site bookaserver.com is a good idea! well done! i like it. if you could somehow do a very small portion to d2 clans or guilds that might want their own place of gathering then that would be cool. def for starcraft one and two. those are quite popular. also WOW DOTA is pretty big now. you need to do team dueling to have fun in that game which may push some to have some flare on a webpage. ya never know!

I still think the d-trades name switch isnt necessary as this site seems to be doing pretty well. Def a lot more posters and traders. obviously there could always be more but i would be very surprised if the name change will do that as the current one PA is used all the time. Whatever you think is best for the site of course.

I would also like to throw myself in there for Price Checker as im quite active and familiar with all the happenings on here. I do come on here multiple times a day. So hopefully you will keep me in mind. Thanks! :)

• Site Owner
Hey cain if you don't mind me asking how much $ have you put in for this site and the old dtrades? Just wondering. Seems like a lot imo.

oh geez if you add up everything I have spent over the last 5 years it's easily north of $30,000...if you include the internet line, the electricity, 10 servers, hard drives, memory, firewall, switches, software, skins, programming...and that doesn't even include the thousands of hours I have spent.

I am so glad you are bringing the Dtrades name and the skin back Im not feeling this postabout type thing although I LOVE the layout and the skin. There was just something about Dtrades that couldnt be replaced. You put a shit ton of work into this site and I'm glad everyone uses it if you ever think for a second no one appreciates it your dead wrong brother. I am glad to have spent thousands of hours trolling these forums :)

Hey cain if you don't mind me asking how much $ have you put in for this site and the old dtrades? Just wondering. Seems like a lot imo.

oh geez if you add up everything I have spent over the last 5 years it's easily north of $30,000...if you include the internet line, the electricity, 10 servers, hard drives, memory, firewall, switches, software, skins, programming...and that doesn't even include the thousands of hours I have spent.

holy shit man you are really dedicated. I didn't think it was know were near that much money..wow. <3!