My sheer boredom project

When I had a bowazon one of my favorite skills was strafe, it reminded me of a machine gun. I am also aware of the power of a fully synergized Valk, so why not combine the two forces with teleport!

These are the build goals I am aiming for:

3 fps Strafe with a Colossus Crossbow

99 Fcr with weapon switch

Powerful Valk

No Knockback (I want my victims to stay in one place long enough for my valk to finish them off)

This is the gear I plan on using:

Helm: 2 to all Zon Skills / 20 fcr / 2x 40/15 ias Jewels (maybe I can pick up a nice rare!)

Armor: Enigma Breast Plate (I love the look of this armor on zons, but I can pretty much have any look I want due to the high strength requirement of a Colossus Crossbow)

Weapon: Ideally a perfect Superior Faith Colossus Crossbow for a few reasons: 15 fanat not only raises your damage and speed but increases the damage and attack speed of my valk, skills and the damage are pretty nice. The only downside is the rarity of this weapon, I have only seen one in my entire time playing d2 and Nader owned it. I have a perfect upgraded Buriza that I can use instead of the Faith until ladder ends.

Belt: Arachnid's Mesh (Fcr and Slow and the +1 skill are hot)

Gloves: +2 Passive Skills / 15 Str / 15 Dex / 20 ias gloves (Easier to get than crafted gloves with knockback and the same base stats, also increases the stats of my Valk)

Boots: Wartravs (increased damage)

Amulet: Cats Eye (I don't really see an alternative I need the 20 ias and the dex + frw are the icing on the cake)

Rings: Raven Frost + Some sort of Fcr Ring with ar + mana and whatever else

Weapon Switch: Wizard Spike + Storm Shield (I won't be using Javs and I have no problem switching weapons to teleport since I will be using the weapon switch glitch)

Charms:

Standard Anni + Torch

7-9x Zon Passive Lifers (Increases my passive skills obviously, and pumps up my valk even more)

Max Damage Small Charms or whatever

Stats:

Str: 163 with all gear (163 is the str required for a colossus crossbow)

Dex: Rest to pump damage and ar

Skills:

I'll decide later when I have all my gear set

I already have too many things going on with this build that I didn't want the hassles of prebuffing bo before every duel and its a fun character, who cares if she dies.

Any thoughts???

ur damage isnt going to be insane and without a fort and mass 32020s so i would invest points into vita for that survival factor... putting all ur points into dex wont improve it as much and 400+ so health can def. save u.

heh if ur have the chanter in game valk = 1 hit pk XD.

cute build and very unique tom... lmk when u get it finished.

ur damage isnt going to be insane and without a fort and mass 32020s so i would invest points into vita for that survival factor... putting all ur points into dex wont improve it as much and 400+ so health can def. save u.

I don't want to give up the mobility of Enigma for Fort though. I am having difficulty calculating the damage with the Crossbow, but it should be higher than with a Faith Gmb.

I think its quite good :(

I always liked strafe; just watching ur missles plow into ur opponent at lightning speed is epic..

Anyways, if you could calc the damage on both valk + strafe id definately give this build a try

Also... if you could explain for us dueling nubs how to weapon swap glitch id appreciate it :)

I think its quite good :(

I always liked strafe; just watching ur missles plow into ur opponent at lightning speed is epic..

Anyways, if you could calc the damage on both valk + strafe id definately give this build a try

Also... if you could explain for us dueling nubs how to weapon swap glitch id appreciate it :)

The math behind the damage calculations is too complicated for me to understand right now. Its difficult to calculate the damage for a valk because it depends on what weapon spawns with the valk. I am looking forward to try this build but I will have a problem getting the Faith Colossus X-Bow.

Weapon Switch glitch is: Say you are being mind blasted by an Assassin, you are stunned, quickly switch weapons and you can walk/run away without being stunned. Its a tactic I used on my bowazon when I sorbed.

I don't want to give up the mobility of Enigma for Fort though. I am having difficulty calculating the damage with the Crossbow, but it should be higher than with a Faith Gmb.

obviously lol.

windforce has more dmge than faith gmb.

make sure ur resists arent total shit too... u prolly want to survive over a couple hundred xtra dmge.

obviously lol.

make sure ur resists arent total shit too... u prolly want to survive over a couple hundred xtra dmge.

If I use Windforce then I lose the lvl 15 fanat that makes my valk dangerous.

obviously lol.

theres always a faith merc :(.

obviously lol.

theres always a faith merc :).

I want an act 2 defensive merc with a pride though :(

i had a summoner zon before, and even lvl 50 valk didnt do as great as i thought it would've

What synergies did you stat? When I made a valk zon it was able to kill almost as effectively as a grizzly bear. Casting from town is different than actually using the summon in a duel. Nearly every dueler thinks that you one statted the valk and they will underestimate it.

i had a summoner zon before, and even lvl 50 valk didnt do as great as i thought it would've

What synergies did you stat? When I made a valk zon it was able to kill almost as effectively as a grizzly bear. Casting from town is different than actually using the summon in a duel. Nearly every dueler thinks that you one statted the valk and they will underestimate it.

valks are > bears because of the insane immunities they get, lol.

• 4 weeks later...
passive lifers are horriable 8( if u want cheap just get 3/20 without life thats like hr per or 2/ar/life they mad cheap to it will be much more successful i feel and to make it more fun u have to have headphones with machine gun sounds everytime you shoot.. OF COURSE!!

They are not horrible because how else are you going to get a high level valk?? I am also not taking any advice from someone that joined yesterday and spammed their way to 27 posts.

• 1 month later...

The lifers are key, eric. The bonuses to life + valk are more important than the damage bonus. for duelling you just want to attract attention and damage enough so that your valk can finish.

I would suggest cold damage from maybe a sc to help slow your opponent. This char idea is cute, maybe i'll fiddle with it on single player and see if its worth doing.

The lifers are key, eric. The bonuses to life + valk are more important than the damage bonus. for duelling you just want to attract attention and damage enough so that your valk can finish.

I would suggest cold damage from maybe a sc to help slow your opponent. This char idea is cute, maybe i'll fiddle with it on single player and see if its worth doing.

you get cold damage from ravens.

If I was to ever make this build, I think I would make her a vita zon with decked out passives and maybe 1 point to jab.

Maybe no attack at all except the valk's.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...