Serious Question

tenjuna

change site name back to dTrades?  

142 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've said this before and I'll say it again.

The dtrades.org + old layout >>> postabout.

Obviously, the reason this site died (now comm'on lets not argue here), is because the game died. Its true.. but no one can argue that dtrades was a less active site than postabout. And look at JSP.

I started off at dtrades and I still would like to come back here to trade but not enough people are on it. I think you should concentrate on one topic (being diablo) and have a very small subsection for all the other games.

There's an old saying "a man with 10 talents starve". Just concentrate on one - diablo.

What's in a name? a rose by any other name would still smell as sweet, though, if you called a rose a pile of shit you would be less inclined to smell it which makes its true name that much more important

I still call the site Dtrades so that is where my vote shall be cast

i have to memorize the part of romeo and juliet, what's in a name, for Brittish literature, how fun.

Oh if we aren't gonna get the white layout back then theres no point. I was actually one of the few people that critized Cain for making it PA (because we couldn't have that white layout).

But then again, dtrades does bring back quite a bit of memories. If you had asked me this a few months ago, I would have definately said yes and paid for the white layout (well maybe half... or a quarter.... or an eighth... ok probably nothing).

An important note I'd like to leave all of you with is that if we DO change back to dtrades, JSP WILL CEN$0R US!! OH NOES

• Site Owner

wow, I must honestly say I did not expect this much outpouring for the old name.

just goes to show you how important it is to listen to your members before you make major changes...epic fail by me on that one...oops.

in any case, I will see what I can do to get us back there. the white skin is going to be a tough one but I will make an effort.

wow, I must honestly say I did not expect this much outpouring for the old name.

just goes to show you how important it is to listen to your members before you make major changes...epic fail by me on that one...oops.

in any case, I will see what I can do to get us back there. the white skin is going to be a tough one but I will make an effort.

I am sure that isn't the case either, I remember all the love for a new site, and a new start. The thing is that it just didn't work out. I want to go back too, but I am afraid that we all want to go back for the reason of times being like they were...which isn't going to happen. But seriously don't beat yourself up, the majority wanted the move.

I, on behalf of postabout***********, accept your apology!!

Just kidding Jason. But I especially appreciate the effort you are putting in to please us members. Think Paul taulborg or any administrator on any forum cares this much about its users? Haha. Seriously. Ask yourself this question... If one name comes to mind, let me know.

thanks again.

To be honest, a name is not going to bring the site back to where it used to be.

The problem is that this site tried to not be a diablo site, something it cannot and will not ever do. Dtrades as a name represents the focus on diablo and nothing more. A white skin is not going to be life changing for any member to the point of "OMG I LOVE THE WHITE SKIN SO I WILL START POSTING THERE AGAIN!!!"

It's too late for that nonsense.

• Site Owner

again let me say the point of this has NOTHING to do with driving up membership or getting people posting. not sure why people think that everything I do has something to do with getting the site's numbers up, but clearly a name change is not going to do that, so let's drop it shall we? the point is to make the people that are still here happy, and if that means going back in time, so be it.

with that said, I am going to fire up the old dtrades site under caintest.com at some point today, so that I can remember what skins we were using and find out how to get them to this site. I am also going to figure out how I can incorporate the dTrades brand back into the site, whether it's a complete name change, or something like dTrades - powered by PostAbout, or something I don't know I am still thinking about it.

also, I am going to send the old mactastica skin to a skin designer in Australia and see what she can do to update it. she has already told me she will not do a direct port, but she can make a new skin in the spirit of the old one. I am guessing this will cost about $800, but I will not know that for sure until she tells me. if at that point people want to pool some cash together and help me get it, great...if not, then no big loss I am guessing.

I am pretty sure everyone who still comes here on a regular basis has spoken, so I am going to close this thread.