Site Status 11/22/08

tenjuna

• Site Owner

the new server upgrade has not been going well...every time I work on it something breaks or I am missing a part or something else comes up.

this time around, I was just getting ready to power on when I noticed in the manual that if I had turned it on I would have fried the entire server...it seems I need a special power supply, which I have ordered and am waiting on delivery now.

very frustrating to say the least.

on the other hand, everything is running fine otherwise, and as my time allows I will continue to make the suggested changes to the site.

in other news, I am starting to get the feeling that you guys do not like the tabbed interface, and am considering how I could come up with $800 to bring the old mactastica skin into the 21st century.

I may not work fast or get things done in a timely way, but I am always listening to your guys' opinions, for sure.

in other news, I am starting to get the feeling that you guys do not like the tabbed interface, and am considering how I could come up with $800 to bring the old mactastica skin into the 21st century.

I may not work fast or get things done in a timely way, but I am always listening to your guys' opinions, for sure.

I don't know why people don't like iTab.... I think it is cool, but, it probably is a deturrent to new users.

On the other hand, why would it cost $800 to update it!?

Is the new IPB Skin coding THAT much different?

I don't know much about making IPB skins from scratch, but i do know about modifying/customizing etc... Does just applying the skin not work?

My idea is that you just apply the old skin, and then start looking for problems and fixing them (once again, i don't know if this would work, just spitballing)

If this is a possibility i would be more than happy to work on it. I even have a current IPB Board on a site that I could develop it on (yes it is the most current board version).

I don't know, just throwing it out there.

OR, can we take a similar skin (from invisionize or something) and make it into the Mactastica skin!?