Spore?

madd-hatter

• Administrator

3-4 years of hype is now ready to be judged.

NA release date is tomorrow. (Sept 7th) It is already out everywhere else in the world. I'm sure some of you have it already.

Opinions?

Can't wait to own buyers?

The reviews are good but it seems to have it's criticisms.

The reviews are all positive - but i think that comes from what the game is and now how good it is... If you can understand what i mean.

This has been hyped for 4 years now. ITS HUGE! Its over a year late because EA fine tuned this thing to DEATH. It cant be anything less than stellar graphically and function wise.

But, with all its innovations and expansiveness, those are the criticisms i see... Its too big, too much to do and not enough structure. You can get bored with it unless you live for a sim game like this.

I was planning on buying it up until reviews started coming out. If i have nothing else to buy, ill get it, but with so many great 360 games coming out, i think spore can wait.

its getting raped on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Spore-Mac/dp/B000FKB...5856&sr=8-1

1 star lol.

yea DRM killed this game. And evidently there really is no strategy, and monsters dont "roam" around so you wont really see new monsters unless you move around and go visit other villages or whatever. The creature creator is basically pointless because 1 leg is the same as 10 legs in terms of moving, different parts have stats and ofc you are going ot pick the best stats so pretty much everyone is using the same body parts...

game is a failure. poor wright :p

I think you guys a jumping on the flame bandwagon.

I like it and I don't see where any of you are coming from.

I dont like DRM. It only punishes the honest people who buy the game...and in reality, the reviewers on amazon are right. you are RENTING this game. EA can stop you from playing it as soon as you attempt to reinstall it on another computer. And lets face it- EA wont be around forever to continue giving you activation keys.

And i have read reviews based on actual gameplay and it seems repetitive and unoriginal. can go into more detail if you want me to don, but i guess the rts part is simply resources, send fighter repeat....it doesnt take skill or strategy at all. if you send a guy into the other "base" then you are fine. as i said earlier the creator part is pointless as well.

edit: before you bitch and moan about ea comment - i meant the spore service people. can already see you fucking idiots shitting over "OMG EA DIE?!?!?! NO WAI"

I think you guys a jumping on the flame bandwagon.

I like it and I don't see where any of you are coming from.

I tried it at a friends house, its boring ass shit. we spent an hour half-drunk just to see if it would play any better.

Nope.

So then we messed around with the creature creator...oi joy, fun >_<, im going back to AOE Gold Edition, that at least had some action and strategy.