XiP: Stay or Go?

tenjuna

XiP: Stay or Go?  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for the record since some of you CLEARLY cannot do the math...

In tenjuna's buyback 1000 FG = $10

So 83,000 FG = $830

THUS - XiP is repaying all of what he took from Tenjuna (and more with the accounts). Yes, the forum gold was valued at $2,125 if it was BOUGHT FROM THE SHOP but XiP didn't buy it from the shop.

83,000 FG = $830 ..

You forgot the fact that using the buyback method isn't how you earn the FG, you can't purchase 10$ - 1000 FG. It's only if he resells it to tenjuna. It was an FG exploit correct? It should be calculated as if he bought it from the system.. he took FG directly from the system [i'm assuming since you guys said it was an FG exploit], and FG would only come from the system if someone PURCHASED fg correct? Not by using the buyback method, where tenjuna would be the one to get the FG, not this scooma. So I don't really see how the buyback method is relevant to this topic. >.<

[[it's like 5 am and i had no sleep, dont know if my explanation is okay, but non-idiots will get what I'm trying to say]].

lol @ raged posts. It's pertty entertainingg.

Ok I'm from the other side(jsp, where I've been the last 4 years) but if this kid was a mod and did all this I can see the argument to ban him. He however paid some form of restitution. Now for all you idoits who keep citing law here, he didn't shoot anyone or threaten people with a gun so stop using violent scenarios. He stole money. Him paying back $830 + his d2 account(s) is a hell of alot better then what other white collar crime gets. Find some way to keep him on a short leash with his access. As well he needs to be active in the community again. One guy earlier talked of his computer skills. Put him to use, even use him to make Cain money by working on projects outside of PA

Considering all the Returned Banned members I've seen from my spurts on here, a kid who pays back a good chunk of what he stole and who has the potential to make right what he did does deserve a second chance. If he's willing that is

Ok I'm from the other side(jsp, where I've been the last 4 years) but if this kid was a mod and did all this I can see the argument to ban him. He however paid some form of restitution. Now for all you idoits who keep citing law here, he didn't shoot anyone or threaten people with a gun so stop using violent scenarios. He stole money. Him paying back $830 + his d2 account(s) is a hell of alot better then what other white collar crime gets. Find some way to keep him on a short leash with his access. As well he needs to be active in the community again. One guy earlier talked of his computer skills. Put him to use, even use him to make Cain money by working on projects outside of PA

Considering all the Returned Banned members I've seen from my spurts on here, a kid who pays back a good chunk of what he stole and who has the potential to make right what he did does deserve a second chance. If he's willing that is

Exactly what I was saying. I like the way you think.

you are saying exactly what everyone is saying. You are failing to see he is a thief. Why wouldn't he do it again? WHY? You are just assuming because he paid back what he stole that he would never steal again which makes no sense whatsoever.

you are saying exactly what everyone is saying. You are failing to see he is a thief. Why wouldn't he do it again? WHY? You are just assuming because he paid back what he stole that he would never steal again which makes no sense whatsoever.

On the same account who says anyone else can't scam or that he won't ever do it again. No one knows. But if we just assume a bad apple always we might as well leave all criminals in jail. Lock up little kids who steal from stores because of peer pressure and shoot anyone who does a 1st degree offense. Since this isn't Soviet Russia and is NA, try looking at our current approach and consider it

On the same account who says anyone else can't scam or that he won't ever do it again. No one knows. But if we just assume a bad apple always we might as well leave all criminals in jail. Lock up little kids who steal from stores because of peer pressure and shoot anyone who does a 1st degree offense. Since this isn't Soviet Russia and is NA, try looking at our current approach and consider it

So when you go and rob a bank as long as you give it back you don't have to go to jail. that is EXACTLY what you are saying...

One guy earlier talked of his computer skills. Put him to use, even use him to make Cain money by working on projects outside of PA

I think we've seen enough of his "computer skills".

I actually think it was pretty cool ass of Cain to leave it up to the members to decide. If Cain feels comfortable with letting him back, why should I care? I guess what surprises me the most is the amount of people that think it's a good idea.

That being said, I do not think it wise to allow him to work on any projects of any sort.

If I were XiP, I wouldn't show my disgraceful face here ever again. He didn't pay the money back for any other reason but to avoid real life trouble. Not exactly an honorable action to take. It was simply a means to an end.

He paid the money back to avoid prosecution and/or civil litigation. Thats it. He is sorry. Sorry he got caught.

XiP didn't ever steal from anyone, he used a fucking glitch in the system. I don't think he would ever have intentions of scamming someone for d2 shit especially because he already gave up his accounts, the glitch is fixed, there is no way he could do it again. Honestly your an idiot.

XiP didn't ever steal from anyone, he used a fucking glitch in the system. I don't think he would ever have intentions of scamming someone for d2 shit especially because he already gave up his accounts, the glitch is fixed, there is no way he could do it again. Honestly your an idiot.

It is clearly very hard to create another d2 account. There is no way he could magically create fg again but he sure could scam again. Apparently you guys want this site to be just like jsp where the scammers roam free.

So when you go and rob a bank as long as you give it back you don't have to go to jail. that is EXACTLY what you are saying...

Cool again another over exaggeration because you refuse to see other perspectives. He didn't hold a gun up to Cain and say give me all your money. He exploited a glitch. You're such a dramatic little bitch

Cool again another over exaggeration because you refuse to see other perspectives. He didn't hold a gun up to Cain and say give me all your money. He exploited a glitch. You're such a dramatic little bitch

Fine, an online bank. He found a glitch in a online bank and stole money. He isn't going to get off scott free. So you are saying he didn't hold up a gun his scam wasn't so bad... I have seen people get banned for far smaller scams.

Fine, an online bank. He found a glitch in a online bank and stole money. He isn't going to get off scott free. So you are saying he didn't hold up a gun his scam wasn't so bad... I have seen people get banned for far smaller scams.

And online banking gets you guess what....A SMALLER SENTENCE. Go figure. Anyways I've seen people banned for less too. Doesn't mean I agreed with them being banned for less. Two brothers played. Tenjuna didn't believe they were two different people and banned them. Yet we have known scammers like Snooood on this site who's been scamming people for the last 3 years with Cuong and other guys from FuK. They're people who repeatedly do it despite being given second chances. This guy fucked up once, hardcore. But if given a second chance probably won't considering he now definitely knows he did shit that was wrong and know he's pretty much guaranteed to be hit with civil and criminal actions if he does it again. Let him stay, he'll most likely keep his nose clean

XiP didn't ever steal from anyone, he used a fucking glitch in the system.
he used a fucking glitch in the system.

What did he use the glitch to accomplish?

He used the glitch to steal.

I don't think he would ever have intentions of scamming someone for d2 shit

He scammed this very website for FG. What is forum gold good for? D2 shit? How in the fucking hell can you say such rubbish? You say he didn't steal, when he clearly did. You say he would never intend to scam for D2 shit, when he clearly did.

the glitch is fixed, there is no way he could do it again. Honestly your an idiot.

Are you sure about that? Are you positive? Wait! I thought XiP was heralded as a very computer savoy fella? Are you positive that he couldn't do it again? No way?

Maybe he won't do it again. But others will. Because they know now that if they get caught,no worries. Just return the stolen loot and you are off the hook.

Here at Postabout they have a strict "No Scamming" policy. If you get caught, just return the stolen "goods" and dozens of your fellow members will support the brave and selfless act you committed when you had the "balls" to step up like a real man and return whatever it is that you scammed to avoid getting into real trouble.

And online banking gets you guess what....A SMALLER SENTENCE. Go figure. Anyways I've seen people banned for less too. Doesn't mean I agreed with them being banned for less. Two brothers played. Tenjuna didn't believe they were two different people and banned them. Yet we have known scammers like Snooood on this site who's been scamming people for the last 3 years with Cuong and other guys from FuK. They're people who repeatedly do it despite being given second chances. This guy fucked up once, hardcore. But if given a second chance probably won't considering he now definitely knows he did shit that was wrong and know he's pretty much guaranteed to be hit with civil and criminal actions if he does it again. Let him stay, he'll most likely keep his nose clean

For some reason you think i want people like snooood on this site? He should be banned too, along with all the other scammers. I was always able to tell friends this site was better than jsp because there were no scammers allowed on the forum. What do i tell them now? Only "good" scammers are allowed on this forum? I don't know why you think he "fucked" up once, he did it countless times, not once, twice, or even three times, he did it many many many many many many many times. With no remorse what so ever. Why would we want someone who could openly scam someone who only does this site good. Cain is most likely the most honest person on this site and xip could scam him. Imagine what he could do to you without caring in the least bit.

He scammed this very website for FG. What is forum gold good for? D2 shit? How in the fucking hell can you say such rubbish? You say he didn't steal, when he clearly did. You say he would never intend to scam for D2 shit, when he clearly did.

the glitch is fixed, there is no way he could do it again. Honestly your an idiot.

Are you sure about that? Are you positive? Wait! I thought XiP was heralded as a very computer savoy fella? Are you positive that he couldn't do it again? No way?

Maybe he won't do it again. But others will. Because they know now that if they get caught,no worries. Just return the stolen loot and you are off the hook.

Here at Postabout they have a strict "No Scamming" policy. If you get caught, just return the stolen "goods" and dozens of your fellow members will support the brave and selfless act you committed when you had the "balls" to step up like a real man and return whatever it is that you scammed to avoid getting into real trouble.

Now he has it dead on.

Now he has it dead on.

:blush2:

who votes it?

lol! tyler get on aim more...

This being posted by tenj a few days ago i can't beleive this is even a topic on PA..

please for fucks sake get rid of this scum...

XiP - You are a fucking disgrace

I just figured out that XiP was robbing us all blind to the tune of 83,000 FG.

he figured out a way around the FG system and was able to give himself FG whenever he wanted.

I knew something was up, but it took me 3 months to figure it out...not to mention he was doing it while I was busy in real life.

XiP, you fucked us all over, not just me...so congratulations, you single-handedly brought the site to the point where I can barely afford to keep it running. I lost over $800 because of you, thanks a shit ton.

make sure all of you PM XiP and let him know how happy you are about it.

I will not be hiring any more staff, this is the second person to rob us blind in 4 years. just goes to show you can't trust people anymore.

Hmmmm sound pretty ironic coming from you bro...

You wouldn't give back my eth glitched gaze after I gave it to you accidentally for 50 fg..

What you did is no better than what XIP did.

Though I'm forgiving on both occasions, let he without sin cast the first stone =/

This being posted by tenj a few days ago i can't beleive this is even a topic on PA..

please for fucks sake get rid of this scum...

XiP - You are a fucking disgrace

I just figured out that XiP was robbing us all blind to the tune of 83,000 FG.

he figured out a way around the FG system and was able to give himself FG whenever he wanted.

I knew something was up, but it took me 3 months to figure it out...not to mention he was doing it while I was busy in real life.

XiP, you fucked us all over, not just me...so congratulations, you single-handedly brought the site to the point where I can barely afford to keep it running. I lost over $800 because of you, thanks a shit ton.

make sure all of you PM XiP and let him know how happy you are about it.

I will not be hiring any more staff, this is the second person to rob us blind in 4 years. just goes to show you can't trust people anymore.

Hmmmm sound pretty ironic coming from you bro...

You wouldn't give back my eth glitched gaze after I gave it to you accidentally for 50 fg..

What you did is no better than what XIP did.

Though I'm forgiving on both occasions, let he without sin cast the first stone =/

That's not new zealand saying that. That is a quote of cain.

• Administrator

So 83,000 FG = $830

THUS - XiP is repaying all of what he took from Tenjuna (and more with the accounts). Yes, the forum gold was valued at $2,125 if it was BOUGHT FROM THE SHOP but XiP didn't buy it from the shop.

83,000 FG = $830 ..

You forgot the fact that using the buyback method isn't how you earn the FG, you can't purchase 10$ - 1000 FG. It's only if he resells it to tenjuna. It was an FG exploit correct? It should be calculated as if he bought it from the system.. he took FG directly from the system [i'm assuming since you guys said it was an FG exploit], and FG would only come from the system if someone PURCHASED fg correct? Not by using the buyback method, where tenjuna would be the one to get the FG, not this scooma. So I don't really see how the buyback method is relevant to this topic. >.<

[[it's like 5 am and i had no sleep, dont know if my explanation is okay, but non-idiots will get what I'm trying to say]].

$830 will undo all the 'damage' he did to the 'fg economy' via the buyback system - $830 will allow Tenjuna to pretty much negate his actions.

Kinda like -83,000*.01 + 830 = 0

Get me?

Indeed (Some intelligence!!).

OK I spent most of today and last night thinking about this. Seems we've reached a standoff on this whole issue.

Also, I went back to see how much FG I recieved from Tyler that may have been part of his ill-gotten gains. It came to around 1k FG. That really bothered me. Had I known what he was up to I wouldn't have done the trades at all. It actually makes me no better than Tyler by recieving it.

So, I've decided to return the equal amount back to Cain to help out with the site. Sure, it'll put me back some, but it will also help clear my conscience.

As far as banning him goes, it's a no-win situation. It's come down to a matter of ethics. Ban him and people will be pissed, keep him and there will be more pissed. This decision is undoubtedly a tough one.

I originally voted to allow him to stay, however, I may change.

My reasons behind a change are numerous and something I won't go into detail over.

All, I've got to say now.

So 83,000 FG = $830

83,000 FG = $830 ..

$830 will undo all the 'damage' he did to the 'fg economy' via the buyback system - $830 will allow Tenjuna to pretty much negate his actions.

Get me?

oOo, tenjuna can poof the FG away that is now roaming? .

@ Rageyfull people, stop arguing like children and try seeing it from both perspectives. As I said at LEAST if he's not going to get banned put like.. 908493084903 restrictions on him lol.

Err, of course "bad people can turn good" or "stars dim" or something along the lines of him being good again could happen, but that is a possibility with all scammers. It doesn't change the fact that they are a scammer though, I dont get why we are arguging the "POSSIBILITY" that he may be good, when he in fact SCAMMED. He should be treated just like any other scammer is treated on here, I know personally if I was smart enough to find out a glitch I'd report it, I dont see what's so important about pixels anyways.. except for funding my clothes ~.~

This kids not fukin ban yet????

It took You less then a minute to ban my little brothers acct Shibster when sum1 claimed he had sold a unperm gc as perm, when he never stated it was perm, and was selling for 25 fg...

when did a 45 lifer pcomb go for 25 fg ???

Common sense, and u locked Lee, Yet this kid rides no tag . Thats a gfg system ya got going on so far.

A lot of people want to hear from me. First off I have to say I'm sorry. I had no intention of scamming anybody but I got greedy when I found the vulnerability on the site and exploited it. Rather than doing the right thing and reporting it immediately I started buying up everything in sight. I didn't think I was scamming anybody at the time since I felt that people were getting compensated for their items but I did know what I was doing what wrong. I hindered Cain's efforts and hard work on the site and totally ruined the value of fg here. I accept sole responsibility for all of this and you can flame me all you want. I did not share my knowledge of this exploit with anybody so the damage cleanup should be easier in that sense.

I truly feel bad about this whole ordeal. I've never had major problems with anybody in the community and I still have no hard feelings against anybody. I think the best thing for me to do is leave the site whether or not I get banned that way I don't cause any more problems and hard feelings by staying. The thing I learned from this is that it's best to do the right thing and this will remind me that I should do just that in situations I may face in the future.

There've been some other accusations against me so here are my responses to the ones I can remember:

Multi: I only have one account here and at jsp and I don't share my account with anybody

Scam again: I have no intention on scamming or returning as a multi

Associate with scammers: I don't play with or have friends who scam

Exploit again: any websites that I find exploits on I will report them rather than exploiting them for personal gain, but seriously I don't plan on finding any more website vulnerabilities since that's not my profession or hobby.. I'll leave that to the security people. I fooled around at that time because I was taking a security class and they encouraged "ethical hacking" (ie. reporting what you find for the benefit of the owner) which I did the exact opposite of..

Thanks to everybody who still believes in me and sorry again to everybody who feels that I scammed them.

A lot of people want to hear from me. First off I have to say I'm sorry. I had no intention of scamming anybody but I got greedy when I found the vulnerability on the site and exploited it. Rather than doing the right thing and reporting it immediately I started buying up everything in sight. I didn't think I was scamming anybody at the time since I felt that people were getting compensated for their items but I did know what I was doing what wrong. I hindered Cain's efforts and hard work on the site and totally ruined the value of fg here. I accept sole responsibility for all of this and you can flame me all you want. I did not share my knowledge of this exploit with anybody so the damage cleanup should be easier in that sense.

I truly feel bad about this whole ordeal. I've never had major problems with anybody in the community and I still have no hard feelings against anybody. I think the best thing for me to do is leave the site whether or not I get banned that way I don't cause any more problems and hard feelings by staying. The thing I learned from this is that it's best to do the right thing and this will remind me that I should do just that in situations I may face in the future.

There've been some other accusations against me so here are my responses to the ones I can remember:

Multi: I only have one account here and at jsp and I don't share my account with anybody

Exploit again: any websites that I find exploits on I will report them rather than exploiting them for personal gain, but seriously I don't plan on finding any more website vulnerabilities since that's not my profession or hobby.. I'll leave that to the security people. I fooled around at that time because I was taking a security class and they encouraged "ethical hacking" (ie. reporting what you find for the benefit of the owner) which I did the exact opposite of..

Thanks to everybody who still believes in me and sorry again to everybody who feels that I scammed them.

Good enough for me.

I change my null to Stay.

fuck it tyler don't come back to this site it blows now anyway

the only reason i even made an account here was for g harbor

plus im a multi :blush2: my real account here was cody which was keylogged by johnny (godly-pk) who is also banned and tenj would never listen to me

and to rkdman

hop off cains dick for once and grow up you get way too excited over this website your just mad someone owned your e-hero

• Administrator

So 83,000 FG = $830

83,000 FG = $830 ..

Get me?

@ Rageyfull people, stop arguing like children and try seeing it from both perspectives. As I said at LEAST if he's not going to get banned put like.. 908493084903 restrictions on him lol.

Err, of course "bad people can turn good" or "stars dim" or something along the lines of him being good again could happen, but that is a possibility with all scammers. It doesn't change the fact that they are a scammer though, I dont get why we are arguging the "POSSIBILITY" that he may be good, when he in fact SCAMMED. He should be treated just like any other scammer is treated on here, I know personally if I was smart enough to find out a glitch I'd report it, I dont see what's so important about pixels anyways.. except for funding my clothes ~.~

Look at it like this. XiP potentially released 83,000 FG into the 'postabout economy'. The $830 that XiP is giving to Tenjuna will be enough to buy back all of the FG that XiP released. Thus, essentially undoing any damage he did.

Got it now?

@People in general: Most of you claim that you would not exploit a vulnerability if you had found one. Over the years in the world of Diablo II there have been many public dupe and item creation methods. How many of you EXPLOITED these methods for personal gain? I know I have, does this mean I should be banned too? Anyone who has used any of these exploits for personal gain shouldn't say a god damn thing agaisnt XiP in this thread. Think about that before you post.

So 83,000 FG = $830

83,000 FG = $830 ..

Get me?

Look at it like this. XiP potentially released 83,000 FG into the 'postabout economy'. The $830 that XiP is giving to Tenjuna will be enough to buy back all of the FG that XiP released. Thus, essentially undoing any damage he did.

Got it now?

@People in general: Most of you claim that you would not exploit a vulnerability if you had found one. Over the years in the world of Diablo II there have been many public dupe and item creation methods. How many of you EXPLOITED these methods for personal gain? I know I have, does this mean I should be banned too? Anyone who has used any of these exploits for personal gain shouldn't say a god damn thing agaisnt XiP in this thread. Think about that before you post.

The last part of your post is completely idiotic. If someone dupes an soj and then sells it, it doesn't hurt blizzard whatsoever, they don't lose money. Yeah i did dupe i duped thousands and thousands of items. I should be banned. They should ban my duping account. I guess cain should be banned to then eh?

• Administrator

You're missing my point. Every time someone makes/dupes an item it hurts the 'economy' of a game. If the economy of a game is bad it may deter people from buying and playing said game. This in turn can hinder profits a company may receive (Blizzard in this case). Thus you could be considered a thief...its a stretch but its true.

And since most of you think XiP should have done the right thing and turned in the glitch. How about any of you who used a dupe/hack/exploit turn your cdkeys into Blizzard and delete all of your characters? Sure you haven't been threatened with legal action but according to most of you that is the right thing to do - so get on it.

Any takers?

You're missing my point. Every time someone makes/dupes an item it hurts the 'economy' of a game. If the economy of a game is bad it may deter people from buying and playing said game. This in turn can hinder profits a company may receive (Blizzard in this case). Thus you could be considered a thief...its a stretch but its true.

And since most of you think XiP should have done the right thing and turned in the glitch. How about any of you who used a dupe/hack/exploit turn your cdkeys into Blizzard and delete all of your characters? Sure you haven't been threatened with legal action but according to most of you that is the right thing to do - so get on it.

Any takers?

that is a mighty stretch >.> So do you feel apologizing and restitution has made him blameless and he should come back? Or do you think banning him is the correct thing to do? i'm pretty sure this thread has already been decided anyways...

Got it now?

Any takers?

Well put actually, its a very true statement, especially take into the fact that people who duped items, sold them for money unperm as perm, wouldn't that be almost similar, using something for personal gain when it hurts the economy.

I think his account should be left how it is, if he wants to come back sometime and chat, alright, he already said the best thing for him to do is to leave.

This thread should be done, case closed.

I was in charge of scammer accusations long ago, in a far far away land. I was a hard ass then, I would have said cut him down. But thats not me now, he has done something none of the scammers back in the day did, he has repaid plus his accounts. He also has destroyed his reputation across the d2 community, I can guarantee you that this will get back to other forums he is on. He obviously has a conscience and it will weigh on his mind at least for awhile. I would say he will lose friends over this. I don't know him personally but his reputation alone, had you asked me before this if he was trustworthy I would have said yes without thought.

I think xip should stay, I think he should take his beatings in the battlegrounds. I think he should have to stay and live with the shame he brought on himself. I think he is a good person, and thats why he should do these things. And someday this will be forgotten, and he can move back towards building trust again. Because thats what you do when you mess up. You don't just give a quick fix and then say bye, you stay and face the consequences.

So I vote stay, and I say to xip stay, face the music, face the members, take your lashings and prove that this was a one time mistake. Its easy to leave, its harder to stay and face the community that your actions wronged.

That is exactly what I've been screaming, but no one seems to be hearing and/or cares. And considering how much time I have PERSONALLY spent looking into all these Scammer Accusations and getting scammers banned, I'm sitting here thinking... "why the fuck am I being ignored?".

So whatever. Guess I don't give a shit about TT or SA or any of the other things that made us different from JSP anymore. If this is where we are going, I don't want any part of it.

That is exactly what I've been screaming, but no one seems to be hearing and/or cares. And considering how much time I have PERSONALLY spent looking into all these Scammer Accusations and getting scammers banned, I'm sitting here thinking... "why the fuck am I being ignored?".

So whatever. Guess I don't give a shit about TT or SA or any of the other things that made us different from JSP anymore. If this is where we are going, I don't want any part of it.

Being ignored...this isn't about you specifically. This is about xip and the site opinions of him. I did that job your doing long ago, and I did it during the great mod scams of the day, so I feel your pain. If this upsets you so much I would say you should not look(per your earlier post), until it is resolved.