XiP Situation RESOLVED

tenjuna

• Site Owner

full disclosure: I have moved the XiP Thread to my personal forum as there is nothing to be gained by having his personal information available to the world.

Tyler and I have had a lengthy conversation on the phone, where he has admitted his guilt and is making restitution to me and the site.

1. he is paying me $300 and some change immediately as earnest payment, to be followed up by a $530 certified cashier's check being sent by his father.

- this money is being used EXCLUSIVELY so that I can turn on the FG buyback program and business can continue normally. this settles the debt to me.

2. he is sending me ALL of his D2 accounts, which I will use in some sort of giveaway to the community.

- this is his way of apology to the community, as he understands the damage he has caused.

3. he and I are leaving the choice of what happens to his account here on PostAbout, and what happens next.

- let me make this clear: I CONSIDER THE MATTER SETTLED, but it is up to all of YOU what happens to him here.

=====

I think Tyler got caught in an easy trap of greed. he says he took a computer security class talking about web site exploits, so he went to town here and found the FG exploit.

the problem is, he didn't report it, and instead used it for personal gain.

I WANT EVERYONE TO LEARN FROM THIS! just because you sit behind a keyboard 1200 miles away DOES NOT make you anonymous!!!

to all of you law students and people who think you know better: I had a VERY solid case, and it sends chills up my spine just how close I came to ruining this guy's life.

this is why I am going to give him a break. he apologized, he has acknowledged his fault, and he is making good...true he could have 3 months ago, but I think almost ANYONE might have gotten caught in that same trap.

greed is one of the 7 deadly sins you know.

I am not the kind of person to hold a grudge against someone who is willing to admit fault and wants to make good, so to me this is done with.

I know some of you will not agree with this, and that's ok...however:

PLEASE GIVE YOURSELF TIME TO THINK ABOUT THIS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE POLL.

I will post the poll this weekend to give everyone a cooling off period.

*whew* I am exhausted.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

wasn't hard

monica go aim

I'm on aim, LEARN TO TYPE WITH YOUR PHONE. you suck.

By the way, dickhead move on his side, he must have something wrong with his brain though. Good thing you guys got it sorted out though-so I guess that was a plus, although he shouldn't have done it in the first place. Yaya people make mistakes.. but come on.. isn't this obvious? Of course you can take legal actions over the internet, and of course track people down..DUHH, if not who the hell would do anything legal over the e-net? Greed takes the best of people =/. Weren't we taught this in kindergarden guys.. think before we act? treat others like you would want to be treated? etc?

Gosh, I feel like a bitch, which is pretty rare imo.

[/rant].

Edit: lol at the guy that said cookie jar syndrome....that's cute. but yeah, good thing u 2 solved this whole thing.. if not i totally would have went psycho.. not that i'm not a madwoman enough already.

Good job Tyler. I'm glad you at least did what a real man would do and made up for your mistakes. I'm really surprised this even happened as I have always known you as a good person. Anyways I'm putting this behind me too as Cain said, unfortunate things happen to good people and we all make mistakes and learn from them.

I personally knew Tyler once caught would not try and deny it and I also said he would pay the site back . I knew he wasnt a bad guy he got caught up in the cookie jar syndrom found the cookies started with just one never got caught then greed took over , For all those who want to judge him thats your perogitive but Cain is right it could happen to anyone to any one . Tyler was up till this all happened one of the most all around trusted ppl in this game and i`m sure he didnt realize the extent of his actions and I feel really sorry for him and for me cause now i`m one less person in this game that i trusted whole heartedly and a good freind (:

nfl-go Dave.

2. he is sending me ALL of his D2 accounts, which I will use in some sort of giveaway to the community.

- this is his way of apology to the community, as he understands the damage he has caused.

3. he and I are leaving the choice of what happens to his account here on PostAbout, and what happens next.

- let me make this clear: I CONSIDER THE MATTER SETTLED, but it is up to all of YOU what happens to him here.

ok, since its up to all of me, i say, give me his accts, and lets just call it good. i accept his appology, although i want to see a 5 page version of HIM explaining it out.

• Site Owner
so.. postabout is no longer on the verge of dying??

woot woot!

it wasn't on the verge of dying...but having spent as much money as I had, just to find out it was all for nothing basically made me ready to give up.

you guys have no idea how much it costs for me to keep things running AND offer FG buyback AND pay for things to keep things interesting (sojs for dclone pops, software upgrades, licenses, etc, etc adfinitum, as naseum).

it's not free, and just like anyone else I can only do so much before the bubble goes POP.

at least now I can turn things back on and continue.

the last 3 months have been a HUGE drain on me financially...I didn't realize how badly until I discovered what was going on and realized wow I am broke and I am right back where I started.

lol you are a forum administrator and you posted xip's "private infromation" for everyone to see? I think you were the one liable for being sued, not him.

Anyways what the hell happened? Someone fill me in?

Not really private, pretty easy to find out.

"private information" is a legal term. There are very clear laws about this type of stuff. If I were tenjuna I'd have consulted a general lawyer before doing something like this.

• Site Owner
lol you are a forum administrator and you posted xip's "private infromation" for everyone to see? I think you were the one liable for being sued, not him.

actually it was all publically available information...I only had to use google to find it all. there is nothing illegal about what I did in any way.

however, I think you can agree that there is nothing to be gained by me having it all consolidated in one place for everyone to read.

yes, I posted in anger and yes I regret it...but I had a good reason to do so and I feel fully justified in the means to gain the end.

but hey feel free to keep posting and trying to make something out of nothing.

if Tyler wishes to sue me for this, that's his choice...I don't think it's up to you to laugh it up like it's a great joke or something though.

"private information" is a legal term. There are very clear laws about this type of stuff. If I were tenjuna I'd have consulted a general lawyer before doing something like this.

The thread is hidden now. Proof of his information being posted?

But your not so who cares, whats done is done its over with.

aha!

pwnd.

Yo Mr 5 post.... This was all public information... Tenjy was not losing nor risking ANYTHING by posting this...

It is like telling your family you were mugged... Would you keep it a secret until you talked to a lawyer? no..

woot woot!

it wasn't on the verge of dying...but having spent as much money as I had, just to find out it was all for nothing basically made me ready to give up.

you guys have no idea how much it costs for me to keep things running AND offer FG buyback AND pay for things to keep things interesting (sojs for dclone pops, software upgrades, licenses, etc, etc adfinitum, as naseum).

it's not free, and just like anyone else I can only do so much before the bubble goes POP.

the last 3 months have been a HUGE drain on me financially...I didn't realize how badly until I discovered what was going on and realized wow I am broke and I am right back where I started.

Yeah, i'm continually amazed at the contrast between how much you do for this site without much reward, and how little njaguar does for the jsp community with so much activity and donations.

I swear when Logic was being handed out, everyone on this game decided to sleep in.

woot woot!

Yeah, i'm continually amazed at the contrast between how much you do for this site without much reward, and how little njaguar does for the jsp community with so much activity and donations.

I swear when Logic was being handed out, everyone on this game decided to sleep in.

I got the short hand of the logic stick :(

lol I'm not the one trying to find proof here.

Anyways I'm not sure how the system works, but every website is contantly being cached by sites like google. Otherwise "Xip" could have done the caching himself or could have simply taken screenshots.

As a forum administrator you're actually legally obligated to stop things like death threats, threats of violence, or (unauthorized) "private information" from being released by anyone. I'm not a lawyer, but I'm sure you can google more info if you're interested.

• Site Owner

good to know I am not the only one who thinks this way...it amazes me every day.

• Site Owner
As a forum administrator you're actually legally obligated to stop things like death threats, threats of violence, or "private information" from being released by anyone. I'm not a lawyer, but I'm sure you can google more info if you're interested.

hence why I removed the thread...and I will say this right now:

Tyler, if you feel what I did was wrong, sue me.

here is my address so you can serve me:

Jason Cain Cross

1416 E. 34th St.

Davenport, IA

as for everyone else, your opinion is noted, now hush it.

lol I'm not the one trying to find proof here.

Anyways I'm not sure how the system works, but every website is contantly being cached by sites like google. Otherwise "Xip" could have done the caching himself or could have simply taken screenshots.

As a forum administrator you're actually legally obligated to stop things like death threats, threats of violence, or (unauthorized) "private information" from being released by anyone. I'm not a lawyer, but I'm sure you can google more info if you're interested.

IT WASN'T PRIVATE INFORMATION.

woot woot!

How little Njaguar does for jsp?

Youve got to be kidding me.

He does more than tenjuana did this his 2 daily users.

He has consistent ladder slasher updates.

He has new upodates almost weekly.

You guys are just jealous because his site is so much better then this. His site actually has people on it. Not like 2-3 like post about.

Later...

i had same exploit on d2pk with the lottery system if u keep buying tickets and hittting F5 to reload it would over load the mysql and it would make him win every time even if i deleted all the members tickets that bought one for the lottery system and it still doesnt work cuz of that dumby but it wasnt a very good lottery system anyways

woot woot!

You guys are just jealous because his site is so much better then this. His site actually has people on it. Not like 2-3 like post about.

Later...

Three updates since january. He clearly does alot.

woot woot!

Later...

Ethan if you think you got the short hand......lol

Not even going to bother arguing about this.