Diablo 3 petition

Enzo

I was sad that I added another visit to that web page. Not even worth half an eyeball to look the complaint over. If you look at the blizzard art renderings the game definatly has a dark undertone...

if what bliz expo'd was an unpolished beta of the game the polished version has promise. For one, did you see how much friggin blood the monsters spew when you slash them O_o

I also like the new damage tracking system over monsters heads and the fact that they upgraded the life/mana bar by including activated skills... from what i have seen anyways it looks pretty damn good.

• Administrator
24,000 upset "Diablo fans" is hardly a significant number.

It's 40,000+ now.

I signed the other petition to change it.

Diablo is gore. I expect nothing less.

You guys are praising these shit graphics... Your just happy that it is finally here. You know this is not what you want or expected. wtf.

It's 40,000+ now.

You guys are praising these shit graphics... Your just happy that it is finally here. You know this is not what you want or expected. wtf.

?? The graphics are just fine you're just to use to Diablo 2 and wanted another expansion, this is a whole new game.

• Administrator

There is a difference between fine and what we want and expected.

Plus, if I am given the opportunity to bitch about something to possibly make it change, I will.

Your right, the is nothing wrong with the graphics. Gameplay is the core of any game. However, that doesn't mean the graphics are good.

Plus, if I am given the opportunity to bitch about something to possibly make it change, I will.

Your right, the is nothing wrong with the graphics. Gameplay is the core of any game. However, that doesn't mean the graphics are good.

The graphics aren't good? Did you not see someone smash a wall and it fell and KILLED the enemy? How could they make that look more real ( for a cartoon). The graphics are so interactive the environment is effected by what you do. If your saying the character's look sloppy then that's your own opinion but if you think you can attack what they created your wrong, what they created was superb.

The graphics aren't good? Did you not see someone smash a wall and it fell and KILLED the enemy? How could they make that look more real ( for a cartoon). The graphics are so interactive the environment is effected by what you do. If your saying the character's look sloppy then that's your own opinion but if you think you can attack what they created your wrong, what they created was superb.

I believe thats their gripe with the game. Whether you said that intentionally or not, that is what everyone is hinting at.

Personally I don't mind the graphics, They need to darken the edges, but it's better than what Madd-Hatter posted in the other thread as a comparison.

• Administrator
How could they make that look more real ( for a cartoon).

Realism has nothing to do with graphics. That lies in physics. (D3 uses a very common and up-to-date physics engine; Havoc)

The graphics aren't good? Did you not see someone smash a wall and it fell and KILLED the enemy?

Walls falling have nothing to do with graphics.

The graphics are so interactive the environment is effected by what you do.

The graphics are the opposite of interactive. The environment interacts. The graphics display the environment's interactions. Movement, destruction, lighting, etc... This is all done by the game's engine. The graphics are the medium displaying these actions to your eyes.

You don't know what graphics are, do you?

My arguments are never directed in your direction. You have given me the belief that your mind is allergic to logic. You commonly miss the point of posts completely and get hung up on some random word.

Just don't talk to me.

My arguments are never directed in your direction. You have given me the belief that you mind is allergic to logic and you commonly miss the point of posts completely and get hung up on some random word.

Just don't talk to me.

:rolleyes: It's a post, it's directed at whoever is reading the topic. ^_^

It's 40,000+ now.

I would imagine in the coming months Blizz will keep trickling bits-o-pieces of the game toward the public eye. So far all we've seen is a peek through a pin hole at what the game may, or may not contain. The developers know, they KNOW, that we expect to see the Diablo franchise represented properly. I assure you that they will avoid, at all cost, any likeness to WoW. I assure you that the gore, the darkness and the general feel of the game will be strongly representative of D2.

People are asking them to change a game that isn't ready for market. They, YOU, are asking them to change something that they are indeed currently in the process of finishing. In all fairness, it is probably a good thing that the folks at Blizz are being told straight up "Don't fudge this up".

I think the graphics look amazing. The perspective of Diablo has obviously been preserved. Something that I did not think they would attempt. The arcade style overhead 3rd person perspective is intact. The resolution is beyond polished and I think it looks great so far.

I would like to hear, exactly, what is it that is distasteful about the games look? So far all I'm hearing is vague references about contrast and shades.

You sound so sure, Don, that you are disappointed with something you have only had one little lick of a taste of. When the game drops, I betcha that you will fashion a crude pussy out of the games packaging, take it to bed with you and fuck it all night long. Perhaps you will even purpose marriage to this inanimate box that contained your new love, Diablo 3.

• Administrator
People are asking them to change a game that isn't ready for market. They, YOU, are asking them to change something that they are indeed currently in the process of finishing.

There is no better time.

I would like to hear, exactly, what is it that is distasteful about the games look? So far all I'm hearing is vague references about contrast and shades.

There is a fucking rainbow.

You sound so sure, Don, that you are disappointed with something you have only had one little lick of a taste of.

I'm disappointed in the graphical style and direction they chose. I have zero doubts about the game itself. As long as the diablo gameplay is intact, the game will be a success.

All I am saying is I would prefer it look different.

• Administrator
You think they'd be happy Blizzard is even making the game. but no, they need to complain about something.

Explain to me the exact reasoning behind; Something is announced - I'm supposed to be grateful that I'm getting it.

D2 was great. D3 will be great. (It's factual.) I, as well as many others, have always known D3 would come. I will not bow to acceptance. The game will be great, yes. But... If someone can bitch and use that cause to get their way, then by god... Bitch.

I am not a dog. Blizzard is not my master. I will complain all I like.

You think they'd be happy Blizzard is even making the game. but no, they need to complain about something.

Explain to me the exact reasoning behind; Something is announced - I'm supposed to be grateful that I'm getting it.

D2 was great. D3 will be great. (It's factual.) I, as well as many others, have always known D3 would come. I will not bow to acceptance. The game will be great, yes. But... If someone can bitch and use that cause to get their way, then by god... Bitch.

I am not a dog. Blizzard is not my master. I will complain all I like.

kind of funny, no matter how much people hate the graphics, they WILL still buy the game even if their reasoning is to see how bad the graphics are :). It doesn't matter if blizzard changes the graphics or not this game is still going to sell the same amount.

I for one am not a fan of the graphics, but i also don't care atm, becuase the game isn't out yet, and many things can change. I will still buy this game, and play it avidly regardless of graphics, becuase i don't play a game / not play a game based on graphics alone. If the game is good, I will play it anyway, though I would prefer an updated version of D2 graphics, as apposed to a WoW import.

I for one am not a fan of the graphics, but i also don't care atm, becuase the game isn't out yet, and many things can change. I will still buy this game, and play it avidly regardless of graphics, becuase i don't play a game / not play a game based on graphics alone. If the game is good, I will play it anyway, though I would prefer an updated version of D2 graphics, as apposed to a WoW import.

^

||

||

The first post in this thread I agree with.

• Administrator

Wow the rebuttal petition really pissed me off with the way it was written. It fucking screams ignorance; God, I hate ignorance. It also seems like the person who wrote it is trying to sucks Blizzards e-dick.

And I couldn't agree more with Hatter's statements. If you guys take the time to read the petition to change the graphical style maybe you'll finally understand where the people are coming from.

Though I don't think it will do anything I signed it.

I'm extremely excited for the release of D3 but graphics do have an effect on how I feel about a game.

Wow the rebuttal petition really pissed me off with the way it was written. It fucking screams ignorance; God, I hate ignorance. It also seems like the person who wrote it is trying to sucks Blizzards e-dick.

And I couldn't agree more with Hatter's statements. If you guys take the time to read the petition to change the graphical style maybe you'll finally understand where the people are coming from.

Though I don't think it will do anything I signed it.

I'm extremely excited for the release of D3 but graphics do have an effect on how I feel about a game.

This honestly really isnt a graphics issue, all they did in the pictures is make them darker, that is why I think its so stupid, although I do agree the graphics look a little wowish, making the pictures a shade darker doesnt prove a good point.

People complaining about a rainbow obviously only listen to what they've been told. A rainbow is girly because they've been told that. You don't like bright colors? Lower the contrast. I've changed my view on this because i was seeing some posts from other sites that make sense. As if giant puddles of blood aren't "dark" enough for the people waiting for this game.

People complaining about a rainbow obviously only listen to what they've been told. A rainbow is girly because they've been told that. You don't like bright colors? Lower the contrast. I've changed my view on this because i was seeing some posts from other sites that make sense. As if giant puddles of blood aren't "dark" enough for the people waiting for this game.

Also, I'm pretty sure I saw a "mutilated corpse" in there, like the ones diablo II has. Not to mention that bosses jaw was ripped off, that seems pretty gruesome to me...

Also, I'm pretty sure I saw a "mutilated corpse" in there, like the ones diablo II has. Not to mention that bosses jaw was ripped off, that seems pretty gruesome to me...

Exactly it seems like these people are completely blind to anything they can't complain about.

No you're just fucking retarded and your 12 year old mind cannot comprehend what we are trying to say. And for the record adjusting contrast and brightness isn't going to be a fix-all, sorry.

Wow you didn't read one post in this thread you ignorant shit. The petition was because they thought it was to bright and they didn't like the rainbows. i don't know how you can be this dumb. Contrast isn't a fix-all but it's a fix-THIS PROBLEM. :)

• Administrator

Well since you're apparently too stupid or ignorant to actually go there and read it I'll post it here for you.

It is our opinion that the graphic elements that characterize the Diablo universe are not fully present in this sequel, Diablo universe is made of:

- Gothic and obscure scenarios, cryptic, dark and shadowy dungeons

- Graphically realistic world with realistic, dirty and muddy textures

- Realistic armory and weaponry without over-sized and exaggerated proportions like big shoulder guards

- A macabre, dark and realistic art style

- Light radius, as all of you can remember, Diablo dungeons were characterized by the combination of a light radius system with shadows, everything that resides outside of the character vision sight is shadowed.

What we got in Diablo III:

- Cartoon'ish art direction, obviously influenced by the Warcraft universe, Diablo isnt Warcraft.

- Hand made, pastel looking textures with bold lines, defined contours, smooth colors and clean shapes.

- Dungeons with a blue/green environment lighting, technique used in cartoons to depict a dark, creepy and scary feeling but once again, this is Diablo, a mature game, dungeons should have a dark aura with the occasional lights from candles, just like we got in the previews Diablo's.

- Character models defined by cartoon characteristics like over-sized and exaggerated parts, vivid colors and unrealistic elements, almost directly taken away from World of Warcraft and pasted to Diablo.

- Outside scenarios with vivid colors, beautiful forests with colorful vegetation, shinny and beautiful waterfalls where even rainbows take place.

- Cartoon'ish and unrealistic weaponry and armory, over-sized and stylish armors, over-sized weapons, items that look pasted directly from World of Warcraft.

- Blocky, cartoon'ish graphic elements like big, over-sized fire braziers in dungeons, heavily influenced by the World of Warcraft art style, over-sized and cartoon'ish scenario decorations like smiling statues, Warcraft styled architecture and decorations.

What we want:

- A darker, gothic, cryptic and creepier environment.

- A more realistic artistic direction, more independent from the Warcraft universe art direction.

- Darker dungeons without a blue/green environment, Diablo dungeons are dark and shadowy.

- The return of the light radius / shadow system from Diablo 1 and 2, a concept modified picture made by me roughly shows and suggests how the shadow system should work on Diablo 3: http://i31.tinypic.com/2zta5o7.jpg

- Slightly less colorful and less vivid outside scenarios, they are too heavily influenced by the World of Warcraft ones.

- Darker and less colorful landscapes, Tristam never was colorful and beautiful: here's how it looked in Diablo 1 (before the evil was released across the lands): http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/5194/tristram2jh.jpg

- And most importantly: An independent and renewed artistic direction, not a recycled art direction taken from the Warcraft world, Diablo never was meant to be as cartoon'ish as Warcraft, they shall have independent and distinct styles, this isnt happening in Diablo 3, at first sight it looks like a remake of World of Warcraft, graphically and artistically speaking.

Well since you're apparently too stupid or ignorant to actually go there and read it I'll post it here for you.
It is our opinion that the graphic elements that characterize the Diablo universe are not fully present in this sequel, Diablo universe is made of:

- Gothic and obscure scenarios, cryptic, dark and shadowy dungeons

- Graphically realistic world with realistic, dirty and muddy textures

- Realistic armory and weaponry without over-sized and exaggerated proportions like big shoulder guards

- A macabre, dark and realistic art style

- Light radius, as all of you can remember, Diablo dungeons were characterized by the combination of a light radius system with shadows, everything that resides outside of the character vision sight is shadowed.

What we got in Diablo III:

- Cartoon'ish art direction, obviously influenced by the Warcraft universe, Diablo isnt Warcraft.

- Hand made, pastel looking textures with bold lines, defined contours, smooth colors and clean shapes.

- Dungeons with a blue/green environment lighting, technique used in cartoons to depict a dark, creepy and scary feeling but once again, this is Diablo, a mature game, dungeons should have a dark aura with the occasional lights from candles, just like we got in the previews Diablo's.

- Character models defined by cartoon characteristics like over-sized and exaggerated parts, vivid colors and unrealistic elements, almost directly taken away from World of Warcraft and pasted to Diablo.

- Outside scenarios with vivid colors, beautiful forests with colorful vegetation, shinny and beautiful waterfalls where even rainbows take place.

- Cartoon'ish and unrealistic weaponry and armory, over-sized and stylish armors, over-sized weapons, items that look pasted directly from World of Warcraft.

- Blocky, cartoon'ish graphic elements like big, over-sized fire braziers in dungeons, heavily influenced by the World of Warcraft art style, over-sized and cartoon'ish scenario decorations like smiling statues, Warcraft styled architecture and decorations.

What we want:

- A darker, gothic, cryptic and creepier environment.

- A more realistic artistic direction, more independent from the Warcraft universe art direction.

- Darker dungeons without a blue/green environment, Diablo dungeons are dark and shadowy.

- The return of the light radius / shadow system from Diablo 1 and 2, a concept modified picture made by me roughly shows and suggests how the shadow system should work on Diablo 3: http://i31.tinypic.com/2zta5o7.jpg

- Slightly less colorful and less vivid outside scenarios, they are too heavily influenced by the World of Warcraft ones.

- Darker and less colorful landscapes, Tristam never was colorful and beautiful: here's how it looked in Diablo 1 (before the evil was released across the lands): http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/5194/tristram2jh.jpg

- And most importantly: An independent and renewed artistic direction, not a recycled art direction taken from the Warcraft world, Diablo never was meant to be as cartoon'ish as Warcraft, they shall have independent and distinct styles, this isnt happening in Diablo 3, at first sight it looks like a remake of World of Warcraft, graphically and artistically speaking.

http://www.petitiononline.com/d3israd/petition.html

This one bud.

if they are truly fans then they would not bitch about the graphics

/signed

qft.

But to defend Blizzard, they make games that just about anyone and a $350+gpu PC can play on.

Case and point: Diablo 2, Warcraft, Diablo, Warcraft 2, etc..

all have very, very low requriments. I was able to play D2 on a 4MB TridentVGA card for a year on a shity little PC. multiplayer cows 1.07+

• Administrator

loluzloluzloluzloluzloluzloluz...

Where is Hatter when I need him.

I had to work, my bad.

I think it's intentional. (RKD's apparent lack of brain function.) His net just isn't big enough to catch and/or hold on to any relevant info. When it does come to him, it ricochets off in the near opposite direction.

Almost entertaining.

From wikipedia:

Graphics (from Greek γραφικός; see -graphy) are visual presentations on some surface, such as a wall, canvas, computer screen, paper, or stone to brand, inform, illustrate, or entertain. Examples are photographs, drawings, Line Art, graphs, diagrams, typography, numbers, symbols, geometric designs, maps, engineering drawings, or other images. Graphics often combine text, illustration, and --------color. -------- Graphic design may consist of the deliberate selection, creation, or arrangement of typography alone, as in a brochure, flier, poster, web site, or book without any other element. Clarity or effective communication may be the objective, association with other cultural elements may be sought, or merely, the creation of a distinctive style.

End wiki insert.

Color IS a part of graphic design, I have a degree in Visual Communication, and spent a solid month learning about how shapes and colors, in their basic form, have an effect on art, and how each particular color, or shape/line has an effect on the human brain. For example, a light blue shows calming effects on the eyes of those who are veiwing it, where-as an orange can cause anger or rage. Why do you think cartoons are so popular with children? bright vivid meshes of color inspire happiness love, where as a dark, gothic color scheme can inspire thoughts of despair, loss, or depresion.

Lightning can have similar effects on the brain. I'n the same way that nighttime causes your brain to release melatonin to fall asleep, darker images can cause one to feel lost, or confused, or even physically more dreary and lethargic.

You can take whatever stance you want on this issue, but don't take away from the fact that lighting and color are just as much a part of graphics and art as parallax mapping, mathematics, and 3d rendering. Go and show me an MMO made in black and white, with no form of spectral/bloom lighting or shadows, and I will show you an MMO that will fail, even if its design is "flawless"