Diablo 3 Announcement Thread

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6192839.html

GOOD Website to check for updates incase this post isnt updated:

www.diablofans.com

The blizzard worldwide inventational is this weekend... Now at www.blizzard.com , there is a "teaser" showing ice with nothing else except the blizzard logo. The 2 possiblities gamespot has said: NEW MMORPG or Diablo 3.

Guess we will find out this weekend.

Has Hell finally froze over? ;)

Updated Artwork Image Transformations:

blizzard_teaser_june_2008.jpg

day2-ice2_thumb.jpg

wwi-teaser-ice3_thumb.jpg

Update: (6/25/08 Wednesday, 9:50PM CST)

Rune Images:

The first symbol was most likely a symbol from Wrath of the lich king sword. The others are as follows:

Diablo Hel rune:

rune2.jpg

Starcraft symbol:

akilae-tribe-rune.jpg

Mystery Purple Thing Image:

98774602tu2.jpg

Blizzard intervention picture: ( New diablo art)

wwi08_016b.jpg

EDIT:

Convo Between Paul and Logan

PaulK 1084 (11:14:46 PM): come to think about that picture

PaulK 1084 (11:14:48 PM): from blizzard

PaulK 1084 (11:14:56 PM): maybe the symbols

PaulK 1084 (11:15:02 PM): yea

PaulK 1084 (11:15:03 PM): look

PaulK 1084 (11:15:09 PM): that will be their show

PaulK 1084 (11:15:13 PM): d3 in the upper right

PaulK 1084 (11:15:16 PM): with the hel rune

PaulK 1084 (11:15:17 PM): then

PaulK 1084 (11:15:20 PM): wotlk

pokerteen14 (11:15:21 PM): WAIT

PaulK 1084 (11:15:24 PM): and sc2

pokerteen14 (11:15:24 PM): I JUST thought

pokerteen14 (11:15:25 PM): of something

pokerteen14 (11:15:29 PM): OMG

PaulK 1084 (11:15:29 PM): look

pokerteen14 (11:15:35 PM): no seriously

pokerteen14 (11:15:38 PM): i thought

PaulK 1084 (11:15:40 PM): http://seattle.gametent.com/images/wwi08_016b.jpg

pokerteen14 (11:15:40 PM): of something

PaulK 1084 (11:15:43 PM): see that?

pokerteen14 (11:15:48 PM): yes

PaulK 1084 (11:15:50 PM): look

PaulK 1084 (11:15:52 PM): wotlk

PaulK 1084 (11:15:55 PM): has a symbol

PaulK 1084 (11:15:57 PM): starcraft

PaulK 1084 (11:16:00 PM): has a symbol

PaulK 1084 (11:16:03 PM): diablo has a symbol

PaulK 1084 (11:16:06 PM): the picture is merely

PaulK 1084 (11:16:08 PM): another ad

PaulK 1084 (11:16:13 PM): for their wwi

pokerteen14 (11:16:16 PM): hold on

PaulK 1084 (11:16:18 PM): LOOK

PaulK 1084 (11:16:20 PM): and the hel rune

PaulK 1084 (11:16:27 PM): represents the d3 announcemetn

PaulK 1084 (11:16:30 PM): tomorrow

pokerteen14 (11:16:32 PM): i understand lol

PaulK 1084 (11:16:33 PM): the ice will break more

PaulK 1084 (11:16:40 PM): and an sc2 or wotlk

PaulK 1084 (11:16:43 PM): char will pull there

PaulK 1084 (11:16:45 PM): through*

PaulK 1084 (11:16:48 PM): eventually

PaulK 1084 (11:16:49 PM): then

PaulK 1084 (11:16:52 PM): on the day of the show

PaulK 1084 (11:16:57 PM): diablo will pop out

PaulK 1084 (11:16:59 PM): by the hel rune

PaulK 1084 (11:17:01 PM): mark my words

P.S. You mark my words that's how it will work out! -Paul

New rune/ice image:

ice4.jpg

Solved Ice Image(lol):

Moo.jpg

"Mr. Purple"

Purple.jpg

-Numb

Good Link from RKDMAN:

http://www.diabloii.net/articles/667288/ww...h-image-teasers

Only 2 MORE DAYS UNTIL WE FIND OUT!

-Paul

Possible solution to ice symbol #4:

250px-Pax_Imperia_Cover.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pax_Imperia:_Eminent_Domain

Its development was announced in 1995 by Blizzard Entertainment...

-Numb

Not looking so good from this one:

ice5.jpg

Lich King:

wrath-of-the-lich-king.jpg

Finished (real) "Mr Purple":

Purp.jpg

Ice Eyes vs Lich Eyes (crude mockup):

IceVsLich.jpg

-Numb

Anger - "Ice5andahalf.jpg"

ice5andahalf.jpg

-Numb

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitely hoping for a D3 as long as it won't be like a "World of Diablo" and doesn't have monthly fees.

I won't mind a montly fee as long as its not more than 10$

a lot of people play d2 instead of wow because it is free... so if there is a monthly fee ill just switch to wow.

The only reason you don't play WoW is because of the fee? I tried it, i didn't like it.

i found a hel rune hidden among the ice. O_O

Yeah, it looks like the rune from yesterday was a Lo, and that new on on the right is definately a Hel rune. If this is diablo III I'm going to shit my pants.

And how does it work? Does it reveal more every day then the end of the week have a complete image?

well i noticed its getting extremely brighter as if its getting closer so that's what i assume. if this is d3 i know atleast 20 friends who will start. This will be bigger than WoW i bet.

Yeah, but chances are IF this is d3, it is going to cost money just for the fact that they will lose a lot of WoW players to it.

I don't see what other game would have a Hel rune in it though, because if u compare a Hel rune to that right little rune like thing they hel rune is the EXACT same design.

So what if they make d3 i'll pay to play it, it'll be worth it. Yes if you read our posts we were talking about the hel rune

my heart cries with joy...finally a new game to throw my life away for.

lol

I'm mixed with excitement and sadness. I'm happy for the same reason as everyone else. we've been waiting like 5 years for d3. ( Yes i realize that would make me 9 years old). I'm filled with sadness because i know if d3 comes out i will have even less of a social life. (lol)

wow how do people come up with this stuff. Genius's.

that was pretty intense..seems almost as if someone is working on the inside though

My thoughts exactly. My friend saw said he had a friend on the inside and told us that 1.12 was to come between december and summer. He also said tons of things that didn't come true, maybe they will be incorporated in d3. He said you will be able to reroll Stats/skills, Act 4 merc. the act 4 waypoint box will be filled all with quests. Act 5 will get a new quest involving a sword. There will be new charms called tokens that are character specific and all have the EXACT same stats. Those are some of the things i remember. Hopefully they will be incorporated in d3 :p

that was pretty intense..seems almost as if someone is working on the inside though

My thoughts exactly. My friend saw said he had a friend on the inside and told us that 1.12 was to come between december and summer. He also said tons of things that didn't come true, maybe they will be incorporated in d3. He said you will be able to reroll Stats/skills, Act 4 merc. the act 4 waypoint box will be filled all with quests. Act 5 will get a new quest involving a sword. There will be new charms called tokens that are character specific and all have the EXACT same stats. Those are some of the things i remember. Hopefully they will be incorporated in d3 :p

Except for the fact that diablo 3 probably wont have the same stuff D2 did in each act... so that would make the whole act thing impossible unless this is just another expansion

Except for the fact that diablo 3 probably wont have the same stuff D2 did in each act... so that would make the whole act thing impossible unless this is just another expansion

True, BUT possibly some of the things i said could happen. Stats and skills reroll? A token. There very well may be acts.

fucking idiots who dont think its wrath of the lich king or whatever.

its god damn bilzzard, honestly if they were to announce d3 they are not going to announce THEIR BIGGEST GAME EVER at some shitty invitational. Its going to be at blizzcon or e3.......to get the most attention / hype / media coverage. PLus WoW is still milking the shit out of gaming.....im sure they are nervous enough about a free game coming out (sc2) that will surely take people away from precious WoW. Let alone a (free?) diablo game that will kill WoW for sure if it is *Good*

Besides i have said this before,. if anyone is familiar with the real diablo story from diablo 1/ 2. a third title is impossible unless they do some gay story and fudge some facts. lol :p

also hi?

To reply to all the posts!

Well from the update on the image today, the ice is definitly melting... but the new letter is a W from the images or w/e...

also the rune is something from starcraft... it has thrown them off somewhat... 1 rune from wow, 1 rune from diablo , 1 rune from starcraft.

World of Diablo???

lol

Heh, if you go to Diabloii.net they have some great facts and information about all of this, it explains it a bit further. World of Diablo would be sweet but I don't know what plot they would give to it.

Plz no fees. Plz no fees. Can you imagine if this is Diablo 3. WoW will be shit.

Why are you so scared of Fees, i don't think they will be that much if there are fees. Yeah WoW will get "PWNED".

I'm going to laugh if they come out with some console game :D

Anyways I hope it's D3 or WoD/RoD

I sure hope it's not a console game. Yes i to would like this to be D3 ever so much.

its god damn bilzzard, honestly if they were to announce d3 they are not going to announce THEIR BIGGEST GAME EVER at some shitty invitational. Its going to be at blizzcon or e3.......to get the most attention / hype / media coverage. PLus WoW is still milking the shit out of gaming.....im sure they are nervous enough about a free game coming out (sc2) that will surely take people away from precious WoW. Let alone a (free?) diablo game that will kill WoW for sure if it is *Good*

Besides i have said this before,. if anyone is familiar with the real diablo story from diablo 1/ 2. a third title is impossible unless they do some gay story and fudge some facts. lol :p

also hi?

I would hardly call this a "Shitty invitational". They have actually been hyping it up alot, so I don't think this will really be a "shitty invitational". Maybe Blizzcon is when they will release it and they are just announcing the date of release now. I don't know why you would automatically expect Diablo 3 to be free, they would without a doubt form some kind of fee because they knew they will make a insane amount of money anyway. EVEN if they didn't charge a fee so many of these games will be purchased it wouldn't make a difference anyway, they would be making SO much money. Yeah I agree with you on this last part I'm not quite sure what they intend on doing for a Plot with Diablo 3.

also hi?

I would hardly call this a "Shitty invitational". They have actually been hyping it up alot, so I don't think this will really be a "shitty invitational". Maybe Blizzcon is when they will release it and they are just announcing the date of release now. I don't know why you would automatically expect Diablo 3 to be free, they would without a doubt form some kind of fee because they knew they will make a insane amount of money anyway. EVEN if they didn't charge a fee so many of these games will be purchased it wouldn't make a difference anyway, they would be making SO much money. Yeah I agree with you on this last part I'm not quite sure what they intend on doing for a Plot with Diablo 3.

Compared to e3 / blizzcon? yes it is shitty. I havent heard of it prior to this diablo 3 rumor........and just because BLIZZARD is hyping it , doesnt mean anything. Only when other people hype it and look forward to it does it matter. Which is why e3/blizzcon would be the best way to release diablo 3. MEDIA goes to these events, they plan these events ahead of time, they announce the coverage MONTHS ahead of time. I don't know why you find it necessary to say quote what i said as if its some absurd statement. Was simply comparing it to other game release events or whatever.

And just to be clear, and maybe for you to learn. BATTLE.NET is a free service. (starcraft, warcraft, diablo use battle net). If they charged for diablo.....they would have to charge for those games, which im guessing they will not do. Battle net is the service that is free for gamers, and it will always be that way.

Blizzard has no interest in charging for that online service, blizzard may have a reputation for being greedy/lazy etc, but they are doing something right. Look at how many people still play starcraft online after what? 10 years? How about who still plays diablo about 8 or so years? Warcraft 3 after 5 or 6 years? If blizzard charged for online you can be sure that more than 50% of these users would stop using it. I would not pay each month to play diablo 3, nor would i play starcraft or warcraft. Some of you might, but with a fee there wont be new users playing. (Who would pay 10$ a month to play starcraft still? Obviously only the hardcore...)

What im saying is that battle.net is different from whatever WoW is hosted on. Battle.net is connected through each game (the /w command..) and its a great appeal to have say sc2/ diablo / wc3 and still have the same friends in each game, and play with the same people, or talk to your friendso n one game while playing another. Can one even talk to another character in a different realm on WoW? LOl