Barbarian VS Caster Guide!

A OK, I am attempting to create a Barbarian Vs. Caster guide. The name itself is a bit misleading, the BVC does well against all builds usually.

This is only a guide to guide and help and shape your bvc, you do not have to copy it exactly.

Table

Stat points

Skill points

Items

Items in Stash

BreakPoints

Dueling Strategies

Secret Strategies

Statistic Allocation

Strength-Base or what you want

Dexterity-Base or what you want

Vitality-All possible

Energy-Actually do not need any for pvp = )

Skill Allocation

Whirlwind-20

Leap- I suggest maxing, at 20

Beserk- 1 or more

Weapon Mastery (Axe)-20

Increase Speed-2++

Natural Resistance-1++ (This skill has diminishing returns but keep in mind you are a Barbarian vs Caster, you need your resistances.

Battle Orders-20 (Only works with +life items(Perfect rubies) and your vitality points. This means your verdungo will not work, shako, jah runes, any +vitality)

Battle Command-1

Shout-As much as possible

Howl-1 ( For necromancer minions, you can also single out oak sages although rarely necesara)

Items

Helm-Arreats, 2os Coa are the main ones you will be using. I put a resist jewel in my Arreats. Since resistance is horrible with Coa, I generally use it only for the damage reduce.

Amulet- Highlords, Angelic Ammy

Weapons- Beast Beserker Grief Z, ( A perfect Ebotd damage is less than the damage of the worse possible roll Grief Z)

Armor- Engima, Fortitude ( In order to use Fortitude, you will need to allocate points into Strength.

Gloves- Draculas, Trangs ( In order to hit the 37% bp fcr, you can use a trangs + arachnid, or 2x fcr rings + trangs or 2x fcr rings + arachind belt)

Belt- Verdungo, Arachnid

Rings- Ravenfrost, Ravenfrost, Angelic ring, fcr rings (My default set up is Highlords+Ravenfrost, you can adjust this to Angelic Amulet+Angelic Ring+Ravenfrost or Fcr rings)

Boots- Gorerider, duped boot

Charms- Barbarian Torch and Annihulus Charm. Mixture of fhr, life, ar, resistance charms.

Items on Switch- Hoto+Cta or Warcry items any.

Items in Stash

Arreat, Coa

Widowmaker ( Only used to trigger open wounds, I wear dracula with gore riders. The damage itself is weak and non effective. I use against overly defensive hammerdins, the arrows will make them panic like :) and they will come running after you. Be prepared to whirls. In order to use widow maker, you will have to allocate points into dexterity, I hel my widowmaker.)

(You can use widowmaker with double ravenfrosts, not recommended since angelics combination really is better versus hammerdins)

Hotspurs

Dooms ( And this item is for bm onlaaa. The holy freeze messes up bowazons and smiters. You can use two of them since they stack, I have gotten some kills from that alone, when they have low life of course. )

Kiras ( if you really need the resistance)

Absorb items if you really want to, for me, the resistances are enough.

StormShield- With my allocated dex points+ ravenfrosts, I have about ~55% block

Another Grief

Fcr rings

Demonlimb (Helps versus high defense, smiters, hammers, whirlwinders)

Good luck charm for good luck = )

BreakPoints

Fcr Bp- 37% 10

Fhr Bp- 48% 5

These are the common ones and easily obtained. Others will require sacrifice one items which I do not think is worth it. = )

Dueling Strategies

Note: Keep in your round head that I am no where near the top in dueling. I for the large part public duel, but that does not mean that all the people in public duels suck. Many times you find good duelers who join these games for fun, because they are bored, or because they are drinking soda and can only use one hand. These are only guidelines and tips.

By Class

Necromancers- (PNB) One of the harder opponents of the bvc. They are fast, may have max block which is not good for you and spam a lot. My advice is to chase them, you move faster than their bonespirts, and when they cast bonespears, are not moving, you can tank some of them, and hopefully your damage will help you win.

(Poison)- Haven't really met that many good ones, and they are rare already. Just keep in mind that they have a small radius so you will always see them on your screen. Whirlwind or antidote potion or both!

(Minion ones)- Howl really works to scatter them, or you can simply kill the minions. If you can actually see the necromancer, you can use beserk.

Amazons - (CS) Your good resistances will usually allow you to tank most of them. Many will stay still can cs while you whirl. Hope that your whirlwind will break through. The ones that throw lightning bolt at you, go to them, they cannot afford to throw them much longer. Effective Whirlwind is key here. Short winds, triangle whirlwinds.

(Bowazon)- Most bowazons are not really a threat unless they are a screen away, tging. You cannot out run their arrows so do not try. You can put on a ss for this but one whirlwind is usually good enough. You can also use doom against them. Of course, bowazons are more effective in teams, look to take them out first.

Paladins- (Smite) They have a lot of defense and really good blocking and a lot of damage too. Against them, I usually try to whirl at an angle so I only clip or chip them. Giving them no real time to put damage on me. Versus the charging ones, you can always whirl at an angle downward, so you are always retreating, moving, and attacking at the same time.

(Hammerdin)- These guys hurt, especially the ones that desynch, you can only tank a few hammers. Put on your widowmaker for this fight. Try to trigger open wounds on them, and they will come after you. Be prepare to whirl and run and repeat) Sometimes when you are near death, whirl away and towards town. They may make the mistake and come after you, teleporting onto you and dying.

(Charger)- I met a pretty good charger, these guys will hit you and hit you hard. You have no shield (unless you put one) The ones that desynch will give you problems. I usually whirl immediate i see them move, they will come after you so you end up hitting the charger. One whirlwind is enough to send them back. You can watch them desynchronize to Akara.

(V/T) These guys are harder than the smiters in general. If you stand there and just look at the vt, it will foh you. You do take damage from it. The thing is though that after or when they are foh you, there is a small amount of time where you can ww them without them smiting.

Assasins- (Whirlwind)- They are essentially a weaker version of you with more open wounds. They have less life, and their whirlwind does not do as much damage as yours. Those who take you head on will lose. Others hit you once and run, hoping their open wounds would trigger. You can always put on a shield for this. Or simply run after them.

(Traps)- Your max resistances weaken their damage some but they still hurt. Leap and try to put them in fhr animation, lock onto them, and whirlwind. Those who use fade will not win against you. You run faster than them. Often, if they place their traps poorly, you can run though one or two of the hits and chase them ya. Poor trap placement quickly end up being you vs less traps.

(Whirlwind, Traps)- I would say these are more challenging. they can stun you and ww you. However these guys are usually aggressive and their traps are weak. I've only met one good one and that was when I realized I missed the fhr bp.

Druids- (Wind)- You should not lose to these guys, they are a caster. The ones with no block will know when you hit them. Leap in place until they come onto your screen. These guys have a small aura so they will come to you. You can effectively whirlwind them, hitting them and their oak at the same time. Many people say to you Triwhirl, although I cannot do it every time, I usually end up doing something that looks like a V. It is enough. Put on your Coa, verdungoes for this one. The max block ones cannot outank you. The ones that stay in place and whirlwind, will lose, you can use the triangle whirlwind on them. To use it, don't click three times, simply whirl and hold onto the mouse button. You can also afford to make a long ww against them if you want to hit their oak. Their tornadoes travel too short of a distance.

(Fire)- You will win, if they hurt you too much, put on a hotspur, I only met one good one.

(Melee druids)- I dueled a fury druid, these guys hurt. You can clip at them, clip away from them, or leap+ww+clip.

Barbarians- (BvC)- These basically come down to this if you have relatively the same items. Who whirlwinds the other more. Often times you will see two guys whirling, trying to clip each other but failing. You will see the gaps they make between each other

• 1 year later...