THE Bowazon Guide

Introduction:

Hello, some of you guys know me as Lawrence, some as duki, some as manduki, and some don't even know me at all. So, let me introduce what kind of person I am before you guys get to criticize my build. I am a zon fanatic. I've played Diablo for around 8-9 years on and off (although I only played bnet for the past 4-5 years or so). Ever since I became rich enough to afford 32020's I was addicted to the bowazon. I tried making other chars like smiters, hammerdins, bvc, sorcs, but I ended up selling the entire char within a week or two to upgrade my zon. I recently finished making my 6th zon and I think this one is where I hit perfection. I hit stats that I did not think was possible XD. Anyways, enough about me, a little more about the amazon shall we?

Bowazons are typically viewed as shitty chars requiring no skill. NO! They are neither shitty nor require no skill. I would like to argue that bowazons require more skill than the majority of the cookie cutter builds out there. In Z v A, Zon vs All, you will ALWAYS (with the exception of few rare cases) be fighting uphill and often lose to characters that cost around 1/10000 of yours (yes, sadly I do..). But after you build up some skills to go with your gear, no char is impossible. In GM 1v1, you should win majority of the times. The only problem is

that you seldom get chances at GM 1v1 in pub games.

IF YOU PLAN TO TMC OR GMOD OR RA OR ANY OTHER HACK, PLEASE PRESS CTRL+F4, THE BACKSPACE BUTTON OR GOUGE YOUR EYES OUT WITH THE NEAREST SHARP OBJECT.

Zvz is another aspect of the bowazon that makes them so appealing. The lack of zvz'er on east makes it a little sad but since it seems to be making at least some sort of comeback, I hope to inspire some of you guys to make zons!

This guide will include 3 builds: 1 for zvz / zva, 1 for zva, 1 for zvz. You can chose one, or if you're rich enough, you can incorporate two builds into one zon (you simply will not have room in your inventory to put all 3 builds into 1 zon). I chose 33% zva/ 67% zvz.

I probably left out some stuff so help me to make the godliest guide on postabout!

Z v A Build:

This build is the cheapest and the most basic zva zon. If you want to pub and want to get used to a zon, make this one first, and then move to the zva/zvz build.

Pro:

Mass damage, more resist

Con:

EXTREME lack of Dr, build requires too much strength (usually), lack of life.

What you're aiming for:

Life: aiming for 1.1-1.3k life

Damage Reduction: aiming for 30-50

Resist: aiming for all positive resist with bow out and 75 cold and 50+ lite resist with sheild out.

fhr: none. dodge and avoid and evade are not effected by fhr.

frw: 150% with sheild out.

Gear:

Helm: 120-45 30frw, 120-45 100 life, 120-45 30 dex, 120-45 30 str.

Here's the conversion:

Because, you're only spending points into str to wear gear, every point your save can go into 1 vit, giving 3 life. Also, since you need 150 frw, every 5% frw you get, thats 20 life saved (since you need 1 space for 1 3/20/5 charm and 1 space for 32020 charm)

1 str = 3 life

1 dex = 1% ed

1 vit = 3 life

5 frw = 20 life

Ammy: Cats eye

No questions asked. 30 frw = 120 life. 35 dex= damage. 20 ias = 95 ias bp. If you're rich enough to use 08 lords, move down to zva/zvz.

arrows

The most important part of z v a. It is easily shopped at charsi.

boots: war travs, 08 gores

war travs adds str, damage and life. Gores adds damage, DS, 20 life. You can choose depending on your helm/armor choice. Both are good, but since this is the most basic build, I'll just say, use travs =)

ring: p ravens + dual stat rings

ravens for ar, 20 dex, CBF. Dual stat ring must have at least 19 str and 14 dex. resist/damage/ar/life/mana/replenish life are bonuses.

Belt: Nosferatus

You are not zvz'ing for this build and yu need the 10% ias from this build. So might as well take advantage of the other stats. If you want to zvz as well, then invest in a goldwrap which also gives 10% ias.

Gloves: sexy crafted

Ideal gloves would be: 2 passive/bow+ 20 ias + 15 str + 15 dex + resist + knock back. 20 ias is necessary, kb is necessary. Find the ones with the best stats. str/dex/resist/skills are bonuses.

Weapon: Faith GM

GM > mat. 14/15 fanat with the best possible stats you can afford. 2 skills is pretty essential.

Armor: Fort - make sure you get it in a non heavy armor (you can find the list at the bottom)

Fort: resist + life + damage = godly zon armor.

Switch: eth upt Titans + SS

No questions asked. In the socket for ss, put in whatever you want. Personally, I think 30 dr is enough for pub (since you have no dr anyways...) and I would stick a 15/-15 req jewel in there but do what you want. Also, the ideal should would be 4x ber'd 4 soc -30 req sheild but if you can afford that, you don't belong in this section of the guide.

The titans are for frw, and all the other lovely bonuses this godly javs give. Even a noneth 150% titans will do if you really can't afford.

Charms: 32020s/320-5s

Best get 150 frw with sheild out. Rest is 32020s.

Total: damage should be around 7k, life should be around 1k-1.2k

Skills:

Get crit strike to 72%

Get dodge to 60% (or 56)

Get avoid to 70%

Get evade to 60%

max guided

1 point into jab

1 point into lb

1 point into valk

1 point into prereq

rest into multi <3

Strategy:

See dueling strategy for zva/zvz build 1 column down <3

ZvZ / ZvA Build:

This build is recommended for people who want to spend some coins on this zon. Its more versatile and you can have lots of fun with her.

Pro:

Amazingly well balanced life, damage, damage reduction

Con:

a little less damage, almost no resist

What you're aiming for:

Life: aiming for 1.2-1.5k life

Damage Reduction: aiming for 25 with bow out, 49 with sheild out

Resist: aiming for all positive resist with bow

frw: 150% with sheild out.

Gear:

Helm: 40-15 shako AND 40-15'd 08 gaze

Shako: Skills, life, mana, damage reduction <- amazing helm for zva and zvz. 40-15 it if you're using 08 lords, 40-10 min damage jewel it if using cats eye

08 gaze: keep this in your stash. with leech (for the animation) and 25 dr, you can't go wrong with this in zvz. Don't use this in zva. 40-15 it if using 08 highlords, 40-10 or ber it if using cats eye.

Ammy: 08 highlords, Cats eye

08 lords: godliest ammy for zons. Although the added bonus compared to cats eye are not AMAZINGLY much, it adds to sex factor on your zon which is at the top of your priority.

Cats eye: works just as well. Every enemy you can kill with -8 lorsd, you can kill with cats eye.

arrows

boots: war travs, 08 gores

war travs adds str, damage and life. Gores adds damage, DS, 20 life. You can choose depending on your helm/armor choice. Both are good, i chose travs

ravens for ar, 20 dex, CBF. Dual stat ring must have at least 19 str and 14 dex. resist/damage/ar/life/mana/replenish life are bonuses.

Belt: Verdungo's Hearty Coil

It has absolutely everything you can ask for. 40 vit = 120 life, 15 dr, 13% life replen. No other belt can compete except a sexy crafted belt with mass str, ow and life.

Ideal gloves would be: 2 passive/bow+ 20 ias + 15 str + 15 dex + resist + knock back. 20 ias is necessary, kb is necessary. Find the ones with the best stats. str/dex/resist/skills are bonuses.

Weapon: Faith GM

GM > mat. 15 fanat with 2 skills. IS A MUST.

Armor: 16060 80+ life - make sure you get it in a non heavy armor (you can find the list at the bottom)

You need the ias to hit the bp

Switch: 4 soc monarch with -30 req's (jah jah jah jah'd), 3 soc jeweler's xxx of colossus (ber, ber, ber'd) 3 soc jeweler's xxx of colossus (jah jah jah'd), Eth upt titans

I'm assuming you can afford one of these shields. Storm Sheild requires too much strength and doesn't offer as much as any of these shields. If you don't believe me, post and i'll explain more indepth.

The titans are for frw, and damage for this build. Afford a 190% + eth UPT titans.

Charms: 32020s/320-5s, 10/xx/45's

Best get 150 frw with sheild out. Rest is 32020s or 10/xx/45's. Do what you want. I went with 10/xx/4x cause its more rare =)

Total: damage should be around 6k, life should be around 1.2k-1.5k

Skills:

Get crit strike to 72%

Get dodge to 60% (or 56)

Get avoid to 70%

Get evade to 60%

max guided

1 point into jab

1 point into lb

1 point into valk

1 point into prereq

get fury if you want

rest into multi <3

Game Strategies:

General:

You should always leave town with sheild out for block + frw given from titans. When you are at a safe distance, start shooting. Never stand still on a zon. You are either: moving with your sheild out or you are shooting with your bow out with an exception to a few cases which I mention later. When you are standing still throwing LB, make sure you are in walk mode which increases your block and chance of survival substantially.

wsg- weapon switch glitch. If you switch your weapon while in a stun lock, you'll get out of it.

namelock guided is amazingly important.

desync - keep moving and you're going to move faster than the server can handle. =)

Pallies:

Hammer: if they are tele, shoot one, start running, shoot one, start running...Do not linger even if the pally is far away. Fit in 1 arow and run. Generally easy. If the pally comes at you with a fort zerk, keep spamming ga and switch to sheild. lb him and hope he las low lite resist.

Hammer: if they are charge, same strategy except you have to go in zigzags and lead them to puddles and hope they get charge locked.Do not linger even if the pally is far away. Fit in 1 arow and run. lb if the pally has you charge locked and repeat the hit and run.

Smiter: guided arrow like 3 times once he is on your map. Even if he is far away, he could desync so don't wait for him to come. After that, run in the opposite direction and light bolt him to knock him back and get him charge locked. Lead him to puddles, its going to be a pretty tough fight especially in pubs. Hope he has low lite resist.

Zealot: not much problem. Similar to smiter except they tend to have lower resist.

Foh: could be hard, could be easy. Hope that your avoid kicks in.

Amazons:

CS: run shoot, run shoot, if they get too close, lb to knock them back. Should be ok as long as you have more frw than them.

FC zons: you need to town hug, and hope you hit them a lot.

Bowazons: refer to zvz strategies.

Assassins:

If you're ever stuck in mb, use the wsg!

WWsins: These guys can be really easy or really tough. Try to stay far away and shoot at them. When you see them close to you, take out ur titans and LB them. Most ww sins have a trouble with resist so 4k lite damage might hurt them a lot. And try to fit in arrows while he is ww'ing. The poison / ow hurts you a lot due to lack of resist and low life so expect these guys to be harder than bvc.

trappers: keep your distance if you can and snipe them. Your range >> theirs so they're forced to be cunning or offensive. If they are offensive, just mind that one trap they cast and avoid it manually and if you have trouble, hope avoid will save you. Namelock them, they shouldn't be able to tank too much of your arrows.

Druids:

ele druid: multi from far to get rid of his puppies, desync him and make him tele to weird spots and shoot him. Multi at him like crazy and if he is smart, he will retreat. If he doesn't, you win. They have pretty low lives so they can be easy if their the mediocre pubs. If they have max block, it can be hard. Use similar strategy as hammerdins. Avoid their hurricane and keep them stuck in ur arrows

Fury: if they have lots of frw, just lb them to knock them back and shoot arrows. Shouldn't be too hard. Theres only a few good furies on east.

Barbs:

War cry: looool. If you loose to one of these, go sell your zon to charsi.

WW: these guys are pretty tough. You see one coming at you, shoot as many as you can and switch to sheild and hit r so that you are walking. Now start shooting litning bolts at them as if there was no tomorrow. If they are smart, they will do short ww's. Then it gets difficult. If they do long ww. Christmas! take out bow and start shooting again. Its pretty essential that you are good with avoiding his tele ww's.

Sorcs:

Blizz: Really hard if its built properly. es + blizz = zon's worst nightmare. dont move and stand and shoot. Try to name lock them. Once you have them namelocked. your chances of winning increase drastically. Good ones are damn impossible. Most pubs are ez. Just make sure you SM them at one point so ice blast isn't a factor

Fire: these guys are kinda tough. arrows have a higher range than fbs so shoot in their direction. Kinda harder if they are more aggressive but most should be ez enough for you if they don't have es. As a general rule, host all the sorcs when you enter a game.

orb: with your high resist for cold and cold absorb and cannot be frozen, your key here is to once again stand and shoot at the sorc. Name lock = their death. Now the tough part is if they use b manas. You're gonna dodge a lot more than you get hit so don't worry.

Lite: these guys can be ez or really hard. Pretty much same strategy as the fire but never let them come close to you. Nova and charged bolt will kill you!

Necros:

Summon: You need the knockback. Multi shot them until the minions get scattered and 1-2 will hit the necro. Name lock him if possible. If you name lock him, you win. Don't worry too much about these guys cause even if you die, you get ur bod and repeat until he dies.

Poison Nova: These guys are funny. I've never met a REALLY tough one so I will generalize. If you play smart, you will win most of the time. Be quick on ur feet and don't let him get too close to you. You can dodge those nova and those nova cost a lot of mana so run/multi combo. Try to snipe them down with GA before they get close to you. If you get hit by a nova, their fire golem will finish you off. Kidna fun duels.

Bone Necro: The easy ones are really fun but the hard ones can be a bitch. Their spirits/spears don't hurt as much so expect to tank at least 2-3 good hits. Don't let him prison you! If he does, multi and run. The ones who spam IBS from far away are easy because arrows are faster. Try to snipe him and name lock him. 2 shots, his bone armor is gone and another 2 shots hes dead. If he comes close to you and bone spirit, dont run and name lock him. Chances are you'll dodge them and kill him with GA if you name lock him. If your aim is bad, multi is a good tool to use as necros generally have low life and low block so it should be pretty easy. The ones who are good at using IBS, teeth and of course aiming spear, these guys can be REALLY tough for you. bone spear shoots so fast that you won't be able to shoot arrows. take out ur sheild and run away if he has you named locked with spear. run/ga against these guys. Generally, ones with max block are tough and ones without max block is decent.

ZvZ Build:

This build is recommended for people who are rich, want a trophy char, or just purely love zvz. I recommend you mix this build with the zvz/zva build so that you get some versatility.

RULE:

ZVZ is all about sex factor and skill. You can probably beat who you can beat and lose to whoever you're gonna lose to anyways. Make your zon as sexy as you can and make her a trophy.

On that note, my zon: Mirage

Pro:

Amazing amount of damage reduction, sex factor, decent life

Con:

a little less damage, a little less life, no resist.

What you're aiming for:

Life: aiming for 1.1-1.2k life

Damage Reduction: 45 with bow out

Resist: aiming for all positive resist with bow

frw: 150% with bow out.

Gear:

Helm: 120-45 30frw, 120-45 100 life, 120-45 30 dex, 120-45 30 str. rare, 2 zon, dex, str, life, 2 soc

Here's the conversion:

Because, you're only spending points into str to wear gear, every point your save can go into 1 vit, giving 3 life. Also, since you need 150 frw, every 5% frw you get, thats 20 life saved (since you need 1 space for 1 3/20/5 charm and 1 space for 32020 charm)

1 str = 3 life

1 dex = 1% ed

1 vit = 3 life

5 frw = 20 life

you need this helm for the bp. I suggest 30 frw cause you're going to need LOTS of frw anyways. If you find 100 life is more sexy or if you have a lucky number like 99, go for the 120-45 99 lifer.

You can use the rare helm if you chose faith diamond and still hit 7 fpa.

Ammy: Cats eye, 08 lords

As sexy as 08 lords are, you're gonna need the cats eye for bp for faith gm.

If you're using faith diamond, you can use 08 lords if you chose 120-45.

arrows

boots: war travs, 08 gores, uprgaded 65 life waterwalks, sexy rare

war travs adds str, damage and life. Gores adds damage, DS, 20 life. You can choose depending on your helm/armor choice. Both are good,

Waterwalks are sexy, adds life, adds some damage. War travs are better, but if you think waterwalks are more rare and sexy, go for it

Rare or crafted boots with mass life replen, 30 frw, 10% fhr with like resists, dex, mana. Find the best combination you can.

Ideal dual stat ring: 25 str, 15 dex, 60 life, 90 mana with replen or min damage.

Belt: Verdungoes, sexy crafted

If you want the 15% extra dr on top of 30% from shaft, then you need to use dungoes.

Crafted, you're looking for fhr, 20+ str, 70+ life, 7+ ow, resists (cold/lite preferred)

Ideal gloves would be: 2 passive/bow+ 20 ias + 15 str + 15 dex + resist + knock back. 20 ias is necessary, but kb is not necessary. Since you probably wont be hitting twice consecutively, the kb animation doesn't do much for our cause.

You can also find crafted ones with crushing blow if you like them more for zvz'ing.

Weapon: Faith GM, Faith Diamond

Perfect stats please, none else

Armor: Shaft -

The point of this armor is the 30% dr and 60 life. 40-15 ias this sexy beast. Try to get a glitched shaft for the added sexorr.

Switch: 4 soc monarch with -30 req's (jah jah jah jah'd), 3 soc jeweler's xxx of colossus (ber, ber, ber'd) 3 soc jeweler's xxx of colossus (jah jah jah'd), Eth upt titans

I'm assuming you can afford one of these shields. Storm Sheild requires too much strength and doesn't offer as much as any of these shields. If you don't believe me, post and i'll explain more indepth.

the ber ber ber sheild is only if you don't plan to wear dungoes. If you want the extra 5% dr, you can put a ber in place of 1 jah in any of these sockets.

The titans are for frw, and damage for this build. Afford a 190% + eth UPT titans.

Charms: 32020s/320-5s, 10/xx/45's

Best get 150 frw with bow out. Rest is 32020s or 10/xx/45's. Do what you want. I went with 10/xx/4x cause its more rare =)

Total: damage should be around 5.7-6k, life should be around 1.1k-1.2k with faith GM

Skills:

Get crit strike to 72%

Get dodge to 50%

Get avoid to 70%

Get evade to 60%

max guided

1 point into jab

1 point into lb

1 point into valk

1 point into prereq

rest into multi <3

Some Hints:

Theres tons of places you can duel. don't stick around to the boring blood moor. Go to act 3, arreat summit, worldstone chamber, chaos sanctuary, etc. All duels are held in nm!! remember that when you're making games.

Is Slow Missle BM?

no, but if you're stupid enough to get sm'd then you deserve to play defensive for 1 minute. Not to mention, you can sm back =/ Some new zvz'ers consider sm bm and so it would be safe to ask before you duel to avoid trouble later XD.

Is Lite Bolt BM?

no, if they're charging you with lite bolt, then sm them and run / shoot arrows. Even if you get hit, it shouldn't hurt too much in nm anyways. But once again, some new zvz'ers consider lb bm so it'd be safe to ask before.

General Rules:

although this is unofficial now, in 08, you were only allowed to shoot 3 multi's in a row. Don't spam multi with mass mana pots. People wont take you seriously.

Maphack:

zvz is kinda like golf. If you want to cheat, go ahead, but you don't get much out of it other than someone's ear =/. Have fun, don't cheat, learn lots about the zon!

Frw:

there's certain armors and shields that will lower your frw by a certain amount. Find out what these are and try to avoid them if you can (I couldn't =()

Shield:

you want to have your shield out for most of the duel of course. And remember, if you're walking, you have a higher chance of blocking XD.

I'm not going to give specific details on how to duel zvz because you just need to develop your style =)

FAQ's

Basic Amazon revealed:

Starting Stats Stat Point Returns

Strength Dexterity Vitality Energy

20 25 20 15

Life per Vitality Mana per Energy

3 1.5

Faster Hit Recovery Breakpoints Faster Cast Rate Breakpoints

Frame 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3

FHR Needed 0% 6% 13% 20% 32% 52% 86% 174% 600%

Frame 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11

FCR Needed 0% 7% 14% 22% 32% 48% 68% 99% 152%

Faster Block Rate (vs. 1H swinging weapons) Faster Block Rate (vs. 1H thrusting weapons)

Frame 5 4 3 2 1

FBR needed 0% 13% 32% 86% 600%

Frame 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5

FBR needed 0% 4% 6% 11% 15% 23% 29% 40% 56% 80% 120% 200% 480%

Bow IAS Breakpoints

Frame 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7

Blade Bow, Great Bow, Matriarchal Bow (-10) 0% 8% 22% 42% 75% 142%

Shadow Bow, Diamond Bow, Ward Bow (0) 0% 9% 20% 37% 63% 105% 200%

Spider Bow (5) 0% 10% 15% 30% 50% 75% 125% 240%

Crusader Bow, Hydra Bow, Grand Matron Bow (10) 0% 5% 11% 22% 35% 56% 89% 147% 293%

Does fhr affect dodge/avoid/evade?

No, The recovery speed of the amazon's Dodge, Avoid and Evade skills is always 8 frames. (There are 25 frames in 1 second.)

What is better? Faith matri or Faith GM or Faith Diamond?

Both bows have their pros and cons but many choose faith GM. Faith GM does more damage but your gear choices are really tight. You have slim to no dr which makes z v z and z v a challenging and you have less skill points/life/mana to duel with. However, you will kill other things faster but you will also die faster. Faith GM is recommended to beginner zons who will die in 1 shot anyways. Faith matri on the other hand is a nice choice when you feel that you've mastered the dueling strategies of a zon. Your gear is really flexible and you can have max dr with sheild out. You will also have extra life/mana/skills/dr/resist compared to the GM build. The downside is that you do less damage. Use this build when you can aim decently, know when to switch to sheild and when you appreciate the extra life/mana/skills/dr/resist over damage. Use Faith Diamond for the same reason as faith matri except that you get mass minimum damage, ensuring every hit is bang for its buck - especially important in zvz.

Faith GM > Faith Diamond >> Faith matri

in my humble opinion.

What are breakpoints?

As an example, if someone is using a faith GM (14 fanat) with 95 ias, and another is using faith GM (14 fanat) with 140 ias, they would shoot at the same speed. Any extra ias is a waste.

What are the Ias Breakpoints for Faith?

Credit goes to: blckdemondrgn

His post is stickied but I saw that not too many people refer to it. Its here: http://www.dtrades.org/index.php?showtopic=246756

And if you're too lazy to click:

mat bow for 7fpa

lvl 12, need 48ias

lvl 13, need 46ias

lvl 14, need 44ias

lvl 15, need 44ias

gm bow for 7fpa

lvl 12, need 99ias

lvl 13, need 95ias

lvl 14, need 92ias

lvl 15, need 92ias

What is the fastest fpa you can shoot arrows?

with faith, 7 fpa is the fastest. With wf, 8 fpa is the fastest. Refer to ias bps above.

Does poison Nerf critical damage?

No, it has been rumored that elemetal damage nerf critical strike (a zon passive skill) but this is false. While critical strike doesn't double elemental damage, it does double physical damage. For example, lets say that you do 6000 damage and of that 6000, 4000 is poison and 2000 is physical. When crit strike is triggered, you actually do 8000 damage, of which 4000 is poison and 4000 is physical.

Why do people wear War Travs?

The 15-25 damage given from war travs is amplified to around 400+ damage. It beats any other boots there are by a long shot with 10 vit and 10 str as a bonus. Only other boots worth considering are 08 gores.

Why would you wear Titans + ss instead of Cta + spirit?

First off, you don't have much life to play around with and you have almost no + to all skills items. With bo, my guess is that you will have around 1.5-1.7k life instead of 1.3k life. Not too much of a difference. Titans gives frw which is essential for a zon and ss gives resist + dr, something you barely have already. As well, you also get the awesome privellege of attacking with the sheild out. Your jabs / lb's HURT.

What is desync?

A glitch in the game where the frames can't keep up with your speed. This makes you appear somewhere else than you really are.

How do you Desync?

Your NET faster run walk has to be 150+. this is why people aim for 150 frw - to desync

What is the difference between net frw and frw?

There are sheilds and armors that slows you down. Refer to this list:

Light Armor (ArmorSpeed=0)

Quilted Armor/Ghost Armor/Dusk Shroud

Leather Armor/Serpentskin Armor/Wyrmhide

Hard Leather Armor/Demonhide Armor/Scarab Husk

Studded Leather Armor/Trellised Armor/Wire Fleece

Breast Plate/Cuirass/Great Hauberk

Light Plate/Mage Plate/Archon Plate

Light Shields

Necromancer Shrunken Heads

Paladin Shields

Buckler/Defender/Heater

Small/Round/Luna

Kite/Dragon/Monarch

Bone/Grim/Troll Nest

Spiked/Barbed/Blade Barrier

Medium Armor (ArmorSpeed=5; 5% speed decrease)

Ring Mail/Linked Mail/Diamond Mail

Chain Mail/Mesh Armor/Boneweave

Splint Mail/Russet Armor/Balrog Skin

Field Plate/Sharktooth Armor/Kraken Shell

Gothic Plate/Embossed Plate/Lacquered Plate

Ancient Armor/Ornate Armor/Sacred Armor

Medium Shields (5% speed decrease)

Large/Scutum/Hyperion

Gothic/Ancient/Ward

Heavy Armor (ArmorSpeed=10; 10% speed decrease)

Scale Mail/Tigulated Mail/Loricated Mail

Plate Mail/Templar Coat/Hellforged Plate

Full Plate/Chaos Armor/Shadow Plate

Heavy Shields (10% speed decrease)

Tower/Pavise/Aegis

Do zons need resist?

YES. With the advent of fort/faith, there are a lot of resist gear available. Try to have all positive resists in hell and at least 50+ cold resist and lite resist. The age of the glass cannons are over. Zons do both massive damage and can tank a certain degree.

What is ideal life?

1000-1400 should be a safe range.

What are the stats for a zon?

A zon is known for its evasive skills in combat and will often attack and run, attack and run. Therefore, most zons will go all dex, confident that they have enough life to tank at least 1 hit of whatever it is (except elemental of course) from their charms and gear. Dex = damage for a zon which is quite nice because you will have max block with whichever sheild you choose to wear. I'd advise you go all dex for a bowazon because in this case, dmg > life. You can get life from your gear and invent. However, as you approach a higher level and you are content with your damage, you can invest a few points into life.

How frw converts into life

A serious zon will have a mixture of 320-5's, 32020s, zon torch, anni in their inventory (some other charms for uniqueness is always good). Now you will strive to achieve the 150 frw. You can only do this by using a certain amount of 320-5's. The more frw you get from gear, the more 32020s you can use, which means for every 5% frw you have on ur gear, you get 20 life. Thats why 30 frw 120-45's are so expensive - because it gives 120 life in reality.

What are the frw bps?

Frw does not have any bp's per say. The more frw you have, the faster you run. However, the yield per frw decreases as you have more. For example, as you approach the 150% frw, you will see that each 320-5 makes less and less of a difference.

Why use Cats eye over highlords?

You will find that many people will tell you to use cats eye over high lords. It is true that highlords gives deadly strike, 1 to all skills, 20% ias but cats eyes are better. First off, it gives 20% ias, 35 dex (dex = damage), 30 frw (which converts to 120 life). Cats eye beats highlords hands down. Only Ammy that can compete with this is 08 lords which also gives 30 frw but lacks the 20% ias. Cats eye is the bang for the buck.

Does 5 frw charms actually give 5 frw?

Yes. Its is a really simple test. Get someone to use cats eye ammy and another to use 6 5 frw charms. They should run at the same speed.

What are the level / % for dodge, avoid, evade?

Dodge

56 lvl20

56 lvl21

57 lvl22

57 lvl23

58 lvl24

58 lvl25

58 lvl26

59 lvl27

59 lvl28

60 lvl29

60 lvl30

60 lvl31

60 lvl32

61 lvl33

avoid

65 lvl20

66 lvl21

66 lvl22

67 lvl23

67 lvl24

67 lvl25

68 lvl26

69 lvl27

69 lvl28

69 lvl29

69 lvl30

70 lvl31

Evade

56 lvl20

56 lvl21

57 lvl22

57 lvl23

58 lvl24

58 lvl25

58 lvl26

59 lvl27

59 lvl28

60 lvl29

60 lvl30

60 lvl31

60 lvl32

61 lvl33

A few Zon acronyms:

WSG = weapon switch glitch

FRW = Faster Run Walk

FPS = Frames Per Second

FPA = Frames Per Arrow

FHR = Faster Hit Recovery

SM = Slow Missoles

GA = Guided Arrows

s4s = shot for shot

AP = assissinate the president

iga = invisible guided arrow

xbow = crossbow

GMB = Grand Matron Bow

Thats my guide, I wanted to make a one stop zon reference guide. Hope it helped,

Duki

once again... fantastic guide lawrence... although my ideal zvz setup would be a tad different the sex factor on urs is unbeatable...

btw its Alt + f4 not control lol...

i really hope this does bring back some zvzers or new zvzers because the bowzon is one of the most strategic dueling chars out there...

u should also note that jab is an amazing skill with only 1 point into it as well.

great guide 10/10.

once again... fantastic guide lawrence... although my ideal zvz setup would be a tad different the sex factor on urs is unbeatable...

btw its Alt + f4 not control lol...

i really hope this does bring back some zvzers or new zvzers because the bowzon is one of the most strategic dueling chars out there...

u should also note that jab is an amazing skill with only 1 point into it as well.

great guide 10/10.

of course, many awesome zvz builds and zva builds XD.

Omg.. I'm so dumb ALT + F4 XD..

yup yup jab is an amazing skill <3

thanks dust for your rate!

Zons are versatile vs elemental chars, throwing on a tgods or hotpurs will keep you alive far longer. Having a kiras to stack resist would be a smart thing to have zva.

to be completely honest, i think resist is << damage in 1v1 pvp.

of course, in team duels where you get bo + possibly conc / amp, the resist would be much better.

in pubs however, i think shako > kiras (only exception may be against orbers)

tgods? no no never

hot spurs? no no never

Zons are versatile vs elemental chars, throwing on a tgods or hotpurs will keep you alive far longer. Having a kiras to stack resist would be a smart thing to have zva.

of course, in team duels where you get bo + possibly conc / amp, the resist would be much better.

tgods? no no never

hot spurs? no no never

You have zero survivability then, you'll die to the shittiest cs zon thats guarding the entrance. With your passives and some resist you're able to survive a lot longer then with your current setup. The concept is the same with sorc's who cares if you have 50k lightning damage if you don't have es, you'll die from a stray fireball or trap.

@ Bruno - thanks for pinning the guide <3

@ Tenj - thanks for the fg. Love how pa can handle these long posts. I copied and pasted on jsp and it gave me "post is too long". oh well.

tgods? no no never

hot spurs? no no never

You have zero survivability then, you'll die to the shittiest cs zon thats guarding the entrance. With your passives and some resist you're able to survive a lot longer then with your current setup. The concept is the same with sorc's who cares if you have 50k lightning damage if you don't have es, you'll die from a stray fireball or trap.

If you wanted to get some extra resists, then I'd use aldurs over hotspurs

Defense: 39-47 (varies)

Required Level: 45

Required Strength: 95

Assassin Kick Damage: 37-64

Indestructible

40% Faster Run/Walk

+180 Maximum Stamina

10% Damage Taken Goes To Mana

Heal Stamina Plus +32%

+50 To Life

Fire Resist +40-50% (varies)

the -25 frw from using hotspurs and life and damage from using hotspurs is too great imo.

This way, you can dodge fireball + get life and resist.

I don't really see a scenario where tgods would be good. You'd ahve to use kira's to even consider using togds and then you loose all of your dr, damage, and life. Don't like it at all =(.

You should be able to deal with gm cs zons anyways and fc cs.. doubt the extra resists will help. Coin flip of how well you can hit him right when you get out of town.

heh lawrence u didnt c Tom's zon in action vs fc zons... was a site to see... tank + ez kill.

of course u sacrifice a ton of damage if u use gods and resist gear... but if they cant hurt u... wats the problem?

wowow a bowazon tanking a fc zon like a smiter? impossible! XD

thats amazing..

How much life does tom's bowa have?! did he use wisps instead of ravens?

Does his bowa tank fireballs too? o.O

i guess kiras + tgods + wisps the fc zon should heal you XD. Was this the build?

ya that was pretty much it... kiras + gods + wisps + a LoLoTopazTopaz shield (i think)...

Tom care to xplain.

funny cuz he didnt have more than 1.6k life.

haha but he had his bow out right?

at that point, cs should heal you but you're screwed vs every other char in pubs XD.

edit: nvm now that i think about it, if the guy had any clue about your setup, he should have been throwing fury with eth upt titans switch at tom who has 0 dr. Fallible build still i think vs competent duelers

edit:nvm now that i think about it, if the guy had any clue about your setup, he should have been throwing fury with eth upt titans switch at tom who has 0 dr. Fallible build still i think vs competent duelers.
usually it was just the run up while tanking and jab pk...

eek must have been a disgusting zon, but then again if he was good, he wouldn't need fc. Must be fun laughing at the fc zon but i don't think it would work most of the time vs good duelers.

Nonetheless, notable point, I'll ask someone to edit that into my guide when i have time

My zon's final setup was:

Helms: 40/9 dex Shako, 2 zon/30 frw/dual leech/resist/2 socket circlet (2x 40 ed/9 dex jewels), Lo'd Kiras

Armor: 160/60 Wyrm of the Whale

Bow: Faith Gmb

Switch: Up'd Titans, -15 Req/30 lite resist ss

Belt: dungo's, tgods

gloves: 20 ias/11 str/kb gloves

boots: wartravs, soulspurs

ammy: cats eye

rings: runemaster ring, p raven, wisp

charms:

7x 5 frw/5 all resist scs

6x 3/20/5's

23x 3/20/20's

20/20 Torch

20/20/8 Anni

She was pretty much equipped to deal with the most common duelers (there are literally millions of lightning based chars)

My zon had about 1.5k life. She maintained at least 5.7k guided arrow at all times.

My zon's final setup was:

Helms: 40/9 dex Shako, 2 zon/30 frw/dual leech/resist/2 socket circlet (2x 40 ed/9 dex jewels), Lo'd Kiras

Armor: 160/60 Wyrm of the Whale

Bow: Faith Gmb

Switch: Up'd Titans, -15 Req/30 lite resist ss

Belt: dungo's, tgods

gloves: 20 ias/11 str/kb gloves

boots: wartravs, soulspurs

ammy: cats eye

rings: runemaster ring, p raven, wisp

charms:

7x 5 frw/5 all resist scs

6x 3/20/5's

23x 3/20/20's

20/20 Torch

20/20/8 Anni

She was pretty much equipped to deal with the most common duelers (there are literally millions of lightning based chars)

My zon had about 1.5k life. She maintained at least 5.7k guided arrow at all times.

you're missing a charm ;)

I'd only recomment that build if you either: have a strong partner or if the fc zon is by himself. Since any other char will come and kill you. Even if the fc is by himself, i foresee a hard duel if he starts throwing fury with a damage based java (since all cs zons carry eth upt titans).

Anyways, notable build, obviously potent and breaks the standard "weak zon" stereotype!

Thanks bruno

• 1 year later...