1.11 Corey's Conc Barb Melee Guide

Corey's Guide For Melee Conc Barbs:

(This guide assumes that in all cases the builder desires to break the 125% increased attack speed break point, as well as the 21,000 attack rating break point.)

Required Items for all of the builds:

1x 20 Stat Annihilus Small Charm

1x 20 Stat Hellfire Torch Large Charm

37x 3/20/20's or 9x 10/75/45's or the best max/attack rating/life or attack rating/life charms you can get your hands on, basically, you want to be within 100 of 21,000 attack rating break point, for that is very much a sweet spot among melee barbs.

On all barbs, minimum finishing level is 93.

I will give skill tree up to level 99

1 to Bash

1 to Stun

20 to Concentrate

20 to Axe Mastery

1 to Howl

20 to Shout

20 to Battle Orders

1 to Battle Cry

20 to Iron Skin

(Including skill quests, and that the barb is 93, this will use all skill points)

6 to Bash

(Add more than 1 skill point to bash, if and only if one is going beyond level 93)

(For level 94, one point into Berzerk can also be a good idea)

Eth Stone (Runeword) Build:

Note: The higher the defense, the less strength require, the better, best to use a Harodric Cube glitch socketed eth armor.

Base Stats:

Stength: 82

Dexterity: Such that 21,000 attack rating is achieved with full gear and charms (Remember to cast Battle Command, plus one to skills will raise your attack rating)

Rest of stat points: Vitality

Required gear:

1x Eth Stone

1x Eth Breath of the Dying Berzerker Axe (the best you can afford)

1x Stormshield Monarch (Socketed with a 40% enhanced damage / 15% increased attack speed jewel, the 15% IAS is a must have)

1x Gorerider War Boots (or Up'd Gores)

1x 20% Increased Attack Speed 10% Crushing Blow Gloves (Enhanced Defense, Strength, and Dexterity would be the best mods, seeing as how strength and dexterity would lower base stats on this build)

1x Verdungo's Coil Mithril Coil (15% Damage Reduction is a must have)

1x Highlord's Wrath Amulet

2x Raven Frost Ring (20 dexterity and at least 235 to attack rating for good measure)

1x Arreat's Face Slayer Guard (Socketed with a 40% enhanced damage / 15% increased attack speed jewel, the 15% IAS is a must have)

Eth Gladiator's Bane Build:

Base Stats:

Stength: 57

Dexterity: Such that 21,000 attack rating is achieved with full gear and charms (Remember to cast Battle Command, plus one to skills will raise your attack rating)

Required gear:

1x Eth Gladiator's Bane Wire Fleece (Socketed with a Zod rune)

1x Stormshield Monarch (Socketed with a 40% enhanced damage / 15% increased attack speed jewel, the 15% IAS is a must have)

1x 20% Increased Attack Speed 10% Crushing Blow Gloves (Enhanced Defense, Strength, and Dexterity would be the best mods, seeing as how strength and dexterity would lower base stats on this build)

2x Raven Frost Ring (20 dexterity and at least 235 to attack rating for good measure)

1x Arreat's Face Slayer Guard (Socketed with a 40% enhanced damage / 15% increased attack speed jewel, the 15% IAS is a must have)

Eth Arkaine's Valor Build:

Base Stats:

Stength: 66

Required gear:

1x Eth Arkaine's Valor Balrog Skin (Socketed with a Zod rune)

Eth Steel Carrapace Build:

Base Stats:

Stength: 80

Required gear:

1x Eth Steel Carapace Shadow Plate (Socketed with a 40% enhanced damage / 15% increased attack speed jewel, the 15% IAS is a must have)

1x Steelrend Ogre Gauntlets (20 to strength is a required mod in order to wear armor, the higher the enhanced damage and defense, the better)

ECara Notes: 85 strength is also suggested, it helps with item switches.

Glitched Gladiator's Bane Build:

Note: Glitched means the armor is inderstructible and is ethreal, without the use of a Zod rune, meaning this armor can have 1 open socket.

Base Stats:

Stength: 57

Required gear:

1x Glitched Gladiator's Bane Wire Fleece (Socketed with a 40% enhanced damage / 15% increased attack speed jewel, the 15% IAS is a must have)

1x Angelic Wings Amulet (dropped in version 1.10 or later)

2x Angelic Halo Ring (dropped in version 1.10 or later)

Glitched Arkaine's Valor Build:

Note: Glitched means the armor is inderstructible and is ethreal, without the use of a Zod rune, meaning this armor can have 1 open socket.

Base Stats:

Stength: 66

Required gear:

1x Glitched Arkaine's Valor Balrog Skin (Socketed with a 40% enhanced damage / 15% increased attack speed jewel, the 15% IAS is a must have)

1x Steelrend Ogre Gauntlets (20 to strength is a required mod in order to wear armor, the higher the enhanced damage and defense, the better)

Eth Prudence (Runeword) Build:

Note: The higher the defense, the less strength require, the better, best to use a Harodric Cube glitch socketed eth armor.

Base Stats:

Required gear:

1x Eth Prudence (Str. Require should not exceed 186)

Fortitude (Runeword, non-eth) Build:

Base Stats:

Required gear:

1x Fortitude (Str. Require should not exceed 186)

My friend Jeff and I tested these builds vs. one another... and the results are...

GValor vs. EValor 6 - 4

GValor vs. GBane 4 - 6

GValor vs. EBane 4 - 6

GValor vs. EStone 7 - 3

GValor vs. ECara 4 - 6

GValor vs. EPrudence 5 - 5

GValor vs. Fortitude 7 - 3

EValor vs. GBane 5 - 5

EValor vs. EBane 8 - 2

EValor vs. EStone 8 - 2

EValor vs. ECara 4 - 6

EValor vs. EPrudence 8 - 2

EValor vs. Fortitude 5 - 5

ECara vs. GBane 5 - 5

ECara vs. EBane 7 - 3

ECara vs. EStone 3 - 7

ECara vs. EPrudence 7 - 3

ECara vs. Fortitude 4 - 6

GBane vs. EBane 6 - 4

GBane vs. EStone 5 - 5

GBane vs. EPrudence 8 - 2

GBane vs. Fortitude 4 - 6

EBane vs. EStone 7 - 3

EBane vs. EPrudence 6 - 4

EBane vs. Fortitude 6 - 4

EStone vs. EPrudence 7 - 3

EStone vs. Fortitude 6 - 4

EPrudence vs. Fortitude 1 - 9

Total Wins by GValor; Sets: 3 Duels: 37

Total Ties by GValor; 1

Total Losses by Gvalor; Sets: 3 Duels: 33

Total Wins by EValor; Sets: 3 Duels: 42

Total Ties by EValor; 2

Total Losses by EValor; Sets: 2 Duels: 28

Total Wins by ECara; Sets: 4 38

Total Ties by ECara; 1

Total Losses by ECara; Sets: 2 Duels: 32

Total Wins by GBane; Sets: 3 Duels: 39

Total Ties by GBane; 3

Total Losses by GBane; Sets: 1 Duels: 31

Total Wins by EBane; Sets: 4 Duels: 45

Total Ties by EBane; 0

Total Losses by EBane; Sets: 3 Duels: 25

Total Wins by EStone; Sets: 3 Duels: 33

Total Ties by EStone; 1

Total Losses by EStone; Sets: 3 Duels: 37

Total Wins by EPrudence; Sets: 0 Duels: 20

Total Ties by EPrudence; 1

Total Losses by EPrudence; Sets: 6 Duels: 50

Total Wins by Fortitude; Sets: 3 Duels: 37

Total Ties by Fortitude; Duels: 1

Total Losses by Fortitude; Sets: 3 Duels: 33

PS. Sorry the columns suck.

Mmm... any other questions about Conc Barbs post here or PM me.

Additional Notes:

This is a GM Conc barb guide so there is nothing in here on prebuffing. This is partially based off of Infamy's Barb Build Guide findable at the Palapk Nation's website though my friend Jeff and I rebuilt all the chars and in the end wound up with different numbers. Feel free and ask any questions that you have. One I may add in the future is an up'd eth Hades build... depending on how practical this proves when ladder rolls over.

Eht Up'd Hades has proved an impracticality of sorts... it's basically an E Cara, with an extra socket... and what to do with that socket is the big question. I currently have one, zod cham 40/15. It works nicely for some builds. Nice for using with gelics.

Keep in mind that the eth Stone builds, eth Prudence, and Fort builds strength is based on an eth sacred... strength can be lower for other armors.

An EBoTD War Spike is your friend, as one only needs 90% IAS total to hit max frames, 45% less than a Berzerker Axe. Why is this good? Well... it lets you swith gear a lot, losing Highlord's amulet among other things, for Angelic's ammy and rings for a boost in AR. At that point though, it's an argument on gear switches, not builds... and I'm not going into that too deeply here.

Few suggestions:

82 base str if you plan on wearing an eth Fort Sacred with 20 str rends, 87 if 15 str ias gloves, adjust accordingly.

92 base str for non-eth fort sacred, again with 20 str rends, legal in PN tournies.

In truth, best barbs these days are ones using 21k+ AR, 92+ str, and a lot have a G Valor for a setup.

For current tournies you will want an e-sacred fort setup as well as a non-e sacred fort setup. An e-prudence is well worth it, also, being 75% ias on a zerker axes isn't horrible, sometimes a 10 frame setup work barb vs. barb, and more rarely barb vs. zealer. Also, Up'd Goblin Toes can add some nice CB.

That's it for now.

- Corey

By the way...

Experiment with War Travs.

They are really fun boots to use and add dmg.

- Corey

attacker takes dmg of ** right? kind of like gbane.

No sir...

It's 12 - 25 to dmg, like Grief, I think.

Adds a lot to min and max.

Helps a ton when using a War Spike BOTD with a Fort. Almost makes it like normal Zerk dmg, without all the ias.

- Corey

By the way...

Experiment with War Travs.

They are really fun boots to use and add dmg.

- Corey

attacker takes dmg of ** right? kind of like gbane.

No sir...

It's 12 - 25 to dmg, like Grief, I think.

Adds a lot to min and max.

Helps a ton when using a War Spike BOTD with a Fort. Almost makes it like normal Zerk dmg, without all the ias.

- Corey

Its both actually :verymad:

Very Nice Indeed. After Being Away From Melee For About 2 Or So Years Now I Desided To Start A Melee Pally Once Again But Im Still Iso His Items. Im Going With My Old Friend John's (Popcornplaya) C/c Build But Its A Pain Finding a 1710+ Levi. Im Also Going To Make A G Gbane Pally (Anybody Know Where I Can Find A G Gbane?) Im Looking Foward To Dueling Some Of The Old School Pn Melee And The New Comers I Just Hope Melee Hasnt Went To Shit Like Caster Duels Have.

• 2 weeks later...

For the record, I have a funny little typo regarding IAS gloves...

It says 15% or better, which is silly because IAS gloves come in two flavors, 10% and 20%.

This error was pointed out to me at JSP, and made me laugh for a bit.

One would think I'd catch these things in three or four revisions...

Oops!

- Corey

It says 15% or better, which is silly because IAS gloves come in two flavors, 10% and 20%.

Oops!

- Corey

I edited the post for you. Lmk if thats ok.

Oops!

- Corey

Unfortunately that error exists many places... Eek!

- Corey

Oops!

- Corey

- Corey

oops my bad. editing the rest :)

Oops!

- Corey

- Corey

oops my bad. editing the rest :)

Thank you Bruno!

- Corey

• 1 year later...