3 RRoD

Jesus

My Xbox just bit the dust. I'm now considering if I should sell my PS3 to buy a replacement Xbox until I get my current one back. Mass Effect is my most anticipated game of the year and I just bought Rock Band yesterday, so I would really like to play these games before Christmas. I'm really between a rock and a hard place because on one hand, I just got a PS3 less than a month ago and am really enjoying it. But on the other hand, I've been playing my Xbox a lot more and have more than 8x the games for it than I do for the PS3. What are your INTELLIGENT opinions. And please stay unbiased...

...I think you know who you are *cough* Future- *cough*

I thought Xbox 360 had 3 year warranties... or is that just from a certain build date on?

Anyway, I think its a waste either way that bam, your console is gone, and your going to have to sell one to get it, or just earn another 350 or whatever $

It has a warrenty but it takes 4-6 weeks to get it repaired. I have recently bought Assassin's Creed, Rock Band, Mass Effect, CoD4, Scene It!, and Guitar Hero 3. I play my 360 everyday and I only play my PS3 about 3 times a week. I'm also considering selling my Wii because I never play it and it's sitting in wait for SSBB. I'm just not sure if I could find another one before Smash. If i did sell my Wii it would be for a profit though because I've been looking on eBay and used Wii's are selling for about $300.

• Administrator
My Xbox just bit the dust. I'm now considering if I should sell my PS3 to buy a replacement Xbox until I get my current one back.

I don't understand how this is even a question.

You keep your PS3 and you wait until you get your 360 back.

Why in the fucking world would selling your PS3 to buy another 360 even cross your mind?

This is what you do: Admit that MS makes bad quality products, bite the bullet and wait.

• Administrator
My Xbox just bit the dust. I'm now considering if I should sell my PS3 to buy a replacement Xbox until I get my current one back.

maybe because I play my xbox everyday but rarely ever play my PS3?

So you need two?

Replace your 360 Rock Band with a PS3 version and the problem is fixed. :)

What games do you have on your PS3 ? Plenty of good ones are coming out for Christmas. Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Unreal Tournament, Rock Band, Call of Duty etc... That's more than enough to fill your free time !

Replace your 360 Rock Band with a PS3 version and the problem is fixed. :)

What games do you have on your PS3 ? Plenty of good ones are coming out for Christmas. Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Unreal Tournament, Rock Band, Call of Duty etc... That's more than enough to fill your free time !

agreed, bite your losses, and buy games for the ps3 instead (selling at eb or gamestop or w/e) or even going into a gamestop and be like "i got this as a gift i dont like i would like to exchange for another game" and get a ps3 version

Selling one system to buy another that your going to return is just a bad idea. You know your going to be getting you 360 back so why bug out over it? I understand you have more games to keep you occupied with on your 360 but you can just rent some games in those two weeks till you get your 360 back.

Keep all your systems and just shell out some money to rent some games for PS3. Hell even borrow some if you can.

Don't get rid of your system for a temporary fix. That's a waste of money.

If you REALLY think you won't play your PS3 or Wii though, now is the time to sell. The prices are up on eBay cuz they're hard to find for the holiday season. Only sell them if you really don't think you'll use them anymore. (i think Wii's are more scarce at this point..)

The thing is, either system I sell I would make a profit because of the selling price for a Wii on eBay and because I bought my PS3 on eBay for extremely cheap. I think I may just sell my Wii and buy another 1 in January. Then I could have one before SSBB and I would make about a $50 profit. Also, I have a friend who knows some1 selling a brand new Elite for $250.

If you REALLY think you won't play your PS3 or Wii though, now is the time to sell. The prices are up on eBay cuz they're hard to find for the holiday season. Only sell them if you really don't think you'll use them anymore. (i think Wii's are more scarce at this point..)

the wii is more scarce, i work in a store in recieving and unload the trucks, and we get ps3's in almost everyday and i havent seen a wii in the 4 months ive worked there

oh sell your 360 and get all the games for the ps3.

Go to gamestop and say i got these games as a gift: have recently bought Assassin's Creed, Rock Band, CoD4, Scene It!, and Guitar Hero 3 for the wrong system see if you can exchange them for the ps3 versions or what not. then just keep the xbox for mass effect or trade in mass effect because from what ive been reading xbox's die easily and a lot and i probably won't be purchasing one in the near future-.

Go to gamestop and say i got these games as a gift: have recently bought Assassin's Creed, Rock Band, CoD4, Scene It!, and Guitar Hero 3 for the wrong system see if you can exchange them for the ps3 versions or what not. then just keep the xbox for mass effect or trade in mass effect because from what ive been reading xbox's die easily and a lot and i probably won't be purchasing one in the near future-.

...I've open and played all the games... please try to be a little less ignorant

And I said the Xbox 360 was the system I liked the best, so why the hell would I sell it. I have 19 games for my 360 and 2 for my PS3, not to mention the 15+ games I have on XBLA and all the downloaded content...

And most Xbox's being shipped now have much better heatsinks so the RRoD problem only is widespread in older models.

I found a Wii at Wal-Mart and sold it on eBay for about $430 ( <_< Supply/Demand Inflation)

I also used the towel trick last Monday morning and it's supposed to last for 3-5 days...

...it's still running strong today so idk whats up with my xbox, it's invincible, lol

But I have the money now from the Wii so you can close this thread.

...I've open and played all the games... please try to be a little less ignorant

As i said, when you buy a game from most gamestops the cases are empty and they hand you the disc at the desk in a CD jacket. therefore you couldnt really ever buy a game SEALED from gamestop. so try to be less ignorant. kthxbai

As i said, when you buy a game from most gamestops the cases are empty and they hand you the disc at the desk in a CD jacket. therefore you couldnt really ever buy a game SEALED from gamestop. so try to be less ignorant. kthxbai

how old are you, 10?

At all the Gamestop's I've ever bought a game from (about 5-7) they always have given me a sealed game. That goes for every single 1 of my friends as well. They must really hate you if they sell you opened games. Once I bought a game used and they game me a new sealed one, lol.

how old are you, 10?

At all the Gamestop's I've ever bought a game from (about 5-7) they always have given me a sealed game. That goes for every single 1 of my friends as well. They must really hate you if they sell you opened games. Once I bought a game used and they game me a new sealed one, lol.

Most new games are behind the counter and they are sealed.