New iPods!

Paul

Also, they dropped the iPhone from $600 to $400.  People say they are getting ready to announce a 16gb iPhone.

yea.

I mainly want the iPod Classic because I have a dock that is just sitting here collecting dust after I got my Zune and the 160 gb is absolutely amazing in my opinion.

I believe they are being sold in stores already so I may get one this weekend.

edit:

also, I'd be using this thing every morning seeing as I use it every morning down at the gym.. so it isn't a bad investment for me.

What great fucking innovation they have.

Archos already did it.

multitouch, elegant hardware, amazing UI, partnership with a monster wireless provider, the ability to ID songs, safari. Oh and huge display.

So archos has wifi...you'd have to be a moron to not do that at this point.

Except the fact that Archos combines a classic ipod and ipod touch into one awesome PMP.

Up to 40 hours of audio 

Up to 7 hours of video

damn... thats a lot of battery life

and you were saying how the battery life sucked compared to Archos.

owned matt.

uh i was talking about the old ipods? they blew. this one is crazy high the reason being that the screen is so damn small that it's horrible when u watch videos on it.

for both video+music archos > it still.

Up to 40 hours of audio 

Up to 7 hours of video

damn... thats a lot of battery life

and you were saying how the battery life sucked compared to Archos.

owned matt.

uh i was talking about the old ipods? they blew. this one is crazy high the reason being that the screen is so damn small that it's horrible when u watch videos on it.

for both video+music archos > it still.

cry matt?

k.

I want that damned iPod Classic!

Archos already did it.

multitouch, elegant hardware, amazing UI, partnership with a monster wireless provider, the ability to ID songs, safari. Oh and huge display.

multitouch - archos can do most of what the multitouch was able to do with its touchscreen (the 604's was suprisingly responsive and the 605's supposed to be even more sensitive)

great hardware - archos was always known for top notch sturdy hardware

the ui was pretty sweet on the archos as well, actually engadget was saying that scrolling songs on the itouch was a pain because of the lack of a scrollwheel

the archos ids songs as well, and uses opera

the only thing the itouch has over archos is the size but the archos is still small enough to lug around comfortably

the itouch is a joke and a step back, their biggest mistake was not providing a 80ish+ gig harddrive model. you might as well just get an iphone and if you dont want to pay for a plan or anything, get an unlocked one. then you get a decent camera, bluetooth and all the hacks that are coming out for it since it has such big focus (theres even an snes emulator you can get for it).

the ipod classic is essentially the same as any other ipod except wifi (which have already been seen on a series of other mp3 players for the last 2 or so years), a harder shell (not like we had an epidemic of breaking ipods lately) and more storage

the nano is kinda ugly, too fat, and who watches video on a 2 inch screen?

Archos already did it.

multitouch - archos can do most of what the multitouch was able to do with its touchscreen (the 604's was suprisingly responsive and the 605's supposed to be even more sensitive)

the ui was pretty sweet on the archos as well, actually engadget was saying that scrolling songs on the itouch was a pain because of the lack of a scrollwheel

the only thing the itouch has over archos is the size but the archos is still small enough to lug around comfortably

the itouch is a joke and a step back, their biggest mistake was not providing a 80ish+ gig harddrive model. you might as well just get an iphone and if you dont want to pay for a plan or anything, get an unlocked one. then you get a decent camera, bluetooth and all the hacks that are coming out for it since it has such big focus (theres even an snes emulator you can get for it).

the ipod classic is essentially the same as any other ipod except wifi (which have already been seen on a series of other mp3 players for the last 2 or so years), a harder shell (not like we had an epidemic of breaking ipods lately) and more storage

iPod Classic doesn't have Wi-Fi.

sigh... now I'm kinda annoyed.

My dad told me that I'm wasting my money buying an iPod since there's nothing wrong with my Zune...

he has a point.

So now it's...

360 Premium vs 160 GB iPod Classic.

*SIGH*

CD Player + CD/DVD Burner + Burnable CD's = $30 + Portable DVD Player = $130.

Battery Life = 218780293742 Hours.

$130 < Any iPod that can display color pictures.

Old Tech > New IMO.

Fits in the palm of your hand or carry 100 cd's + CD Player + DVD player in a giant bag and spending 10 Minutes searching for a new CD every time you want to listen to something different.

I vote iPod.

And Paul, get a 360. Or, sell your Zune on eBay and get a iPod for around the same price you sell your Zune for, and still buy a Xbox 360.

Archos already did it.

iPod Classic doesn't have Wi-Fi.

sigh... now I'm kinda annoyed.

My dad told me that I'm wasting my money buying an iPod since there's nothing wrong with my Zune...

he has a point.

So now it's...

360 Premium vs 160 GB iPod Classic.

*SIGH*

oh than just the itouch has wifi, so the big innovation on the ipod classic is a bigger hd?. the screens too small to be a good video player, the ipods main function is music. it is very, very rare that people are gonna fill 160 gigs of music. the bulk of it will most likely be a massive list of video, many of which that wont be watched in the course of a year and wouldnt kill you if you stored some on your computer if you ever wanted to change up your ipod video library

the itouch on the other hand should have the space since is has the screen to play nice videos (though im looking for the day where they can produce a screen that takes up the entire front surface)

CD Player + CD/DVD Burner + Burnable CD's = $30 + Portable DVD Player = $130.

Battery Life = 218780293742 Hours.

$130 < Any iPod that can display color pictures.

Old Tech > New IMO.

Fits in the palm of your hand or carry 100 cd's + CD Player + DVD player in a giant bag and spending 10 Minutes searching for a new CD every time you want to listen to something different.

I vote iPod.

And Paul, get a 360. Or, sell your Zune on eBay and get a iPod for around the same price you sell your Zune for, and still buy a Xbox 360.

I didn't know I could listen to 80 hours of music in one day.

And if you get a portable DVD Player + a small like 10 CD case = over 50 gigs of music. I don't work out with an ipod because I hate having the ear buds in, I'd rather just listen to w/e is playing. I listen to iPods/CD Players in cars and on long trips, when size doesn't matter.

• Administrator

And if you get a portable DVD Player + a small like 10 CD case = over 50 gigs of music. I don't work out with an ipod because I hate having the ear buds in, I'd rather just listen to w/e is playing. I listen to iPods/CD Players in cars and on long trips, when size doesn't matter.

10 cds = not even close to close to close to 50 gigs

And if you get a portable DVD Player + a small like 10 CD case = over 50 gigs of music.  I don't work out with an ipod because I hate having the ear buds in, I'd rather just listen to w/e is playing.  I listen to iPods/CD Players in cars and on long trips, when size doesn't matter.

10 cd's is 7gb

And if you get a portable DVD Player + a small like 10 DVDs case = over 50 gigs of music.  I don't work out with an ipod because I hate having the ear buds in, I'd rather just listen to w/e is playing.  I listen to iPods/CD Players in cars and on long trips, when size doesn't matter.

Sorry, I meant DVD's.

And so yes then it does.

And if you get a portable DVD Player + a small like 10 CD case = over 50 gigs of music.  I don't work out with an ipod because I hate having the ear buds in, I'd rather just listen to w/e is playing.  I listen to iPods/CD Players in cars and on long trips, when size doesn't matter.

10 cd's is 7gb

actually 1 cd averages between 50-100 mbs. so 10 cds ranges from 500 mb- 1gb

10 cd's is 7gb

ohh ya, for data its ~700mb, but for audio it's much less

And if you get a portable DVD Player + a small like 10 DVDs case = over 50 gigs of music.  I don't work out with an ipod because I hate having the ear buds in, I'd rather just listen to w/e is playing.  I listen to iPods/CD Players in cars and on long trips, when size doesn't matter.

Sorry, I meant DVD's.

And so yes then it does.

10 dvds is about 47 gbs so yeah itd work but not efficient imo.

i bought a ipod video 30gb not even 6month later its got hardware problems. (n it wasnt when they just came out not even close)

FUCK ipods never buying one again.

that's what I said when my Mini died like 2 years later (after I bought it).

Then I bought a Zune and I def like the iPod much better... And I still have a dock for my Mini so it wouldn't go to waste!

I wanna go to the mall this weekend to see if they have the new ones in so I can "test drive" it and see if I like it or not.

i bought a ipod video 30gb not even 6month later its got hardware problems. (n it wasnt when they just came out not even close)

Then I bought a Zune and I def like the iPod much better... And I still have a dock for my Mini so it wouldn't go to waste!

I wanna go to the mall this weekend to see if they have the new ones in so I can "test drive" it and see if I like it or not.

i'm non conforming and saying ipod blows. LOl

i really just think it's personal preference.

i'm non conforming and saying ipod blows. LOl

i really just think it's personal preference.

yea it is...

the scroll wheel is really nice... and in all reality, the ipod has THE MOST 3rd party support when it comes to accessories and docks and stuff.

the zune has nothing.. I had to fight my way through and call everywhere for a damn case.

Sorry, I meant DVD's.

And so yes then it does.

10 dvds is about 47 gbs so yeah itd work but not efficient imo.

DVDs can be anywhere from 4.7-8.5 Gigs.

Most DVD's you buy are 4.7 because its cheaper, most movies you buy are 7.X or 8.x.

10 cd's is 7gb

ohh ya, for data its ~700mb, but for audio it's much less

for audio its actually around the same amount since when you buy it from the store you get it in a lossless format (wav probably), the average song is probably like 50-60 megs lossless

when you rip it to your comp you convert it to mp3 which is a compressed format. ripping cds to 320 kb/s bitrate will be around 100-130 megs, and at 128 kbps will be around 50-60

oh and when looking at mainstream mp3 players, there arent any that are better than others, each offer their own set of specs that are . the itouch is perfect for people who are looking for something in that price range and dont have a huge librairy of media. the ipod classic is great for music and the occasional video. the archos is great for lots of things, especially video, but it has the issue of size, if your just gonna listen to music its not worth getting it. and the nano is great for its small ass size. its all in preference and what mp3 player suits your needs personally, not about getting the top of the line mp3 player cause it has 100 extra gigs of space that you'll never use. and theres a shitload of other mp3 players that all have something different to offer. its what best suits you and at the price