Effects of retail theft on the community?

pbballer987

www.google.ca

zzz i coulda done that -.-...

Here's one effect. Retail goods are being stolen, prices have to go up to compensate. Consumers have to spend more money for soemthing that was cheaper. Consumers lose money.

Uhh retail theft isn't that big of a problem to where people have to increase prices.. not to mention that retail stores can't regulate prices based on crime rates since the prices are pretty much regulated through the company headquarters.

www.google.ca

zzz i coulda done that -.-...

Here's one effect. Retail goods are being stolen, prices have to go up to compensate. Consumers have to spend more money for soemthing that was cheaper. Consumers lose money.

Uhh retail theft isn't that big of a problem to where people have to increase prices.. not to mention that retail stores can't regulate prices based on crime rates since the prices are pretty much regulated through the company headquarters.

ya that was my same thought as well...

unless its a major theft being committed therefore the store loses a mass amount of profits they wouldnt result to that answer...

idk i guess i can kinda see that idea through...

keep the suggestions coming... thx.

not to mention that retail stores can't regulate prices based on crime rates since the prices are pretty much regulated through the company headquarters.

So... why can't stores regulate based on crime rates if prices are regulated at company HQ based on the bottom line?

If retail theft, however midly, affect the bottom line, it will affect prices too.

any suggestions/ideas on wat the effects of retail theft on the community could be???

It mostly just annoys resellers and legitimate customers with the extra security put into place to stop shoplifting.