The REVISED "I don't wanna be a fatass" thread

theallseeingeye

I hope this helps...some pictures were blurry srry...it was a camera phone..

bench1nu1.jpg

If you have something like mine..you can raise the bar...and get under it and squat it...also if u have a adjustable bench....you can incline bench it..for benching i personally do this....i start out with w.o weight i can do 10x...then w.e weight i can do 8x...then 6x...then 4xs......

latz1pw1.jpg

This lat pull down....incline your back at 45 degree's and pull down twords your chest...i hope this is what u were refering to before...if u google this work out they will show u exactly how to do it.....for sets/reps..i do 3 sets of 10 reps adding weight on ever set...

borjd1.jpg

This is called bent over rows...you can do them on your feet or sitting down like theallseeingeye was saying before....mine doesnt have the hook on it right now..but use the one your system came with....i would do the same for lat pull down as for this....

anymore questions just ask....ill try to help...pictures were complements of my wieghts...

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5'3 105 lbs freshman weigh in.

5'5 130 lbs end of junior year

i gained souly muscle.

I began swimming really slow. freshman year. i worked hard over the summer and lifted weights.

My gym teacher planned a workout for me daily which assisted me in building up muscles.

I went from (not bad for my height)

barely 80 lbs to 185 lbs benching

120 lbs to 245 lbs squats

really my advice would be don't go atkins diet. carbs are neccessary and little to no intake of breads/carbs cause an upset in the balance of metabolisms and throws it off.

5'3 105 lbs freshman weigh in.

5'5 130 lbs end of junior year

i gained souly muscle.

I began swimming really slow. freshman year. i worked hard over the summer and lifted weights.

My gym teacher planned a workout for me daily which assisted me in building up muscles.

I went from (not bad for my height)

barely 80 lbs to 185 lbs benching

120 lbs to 245 lbs squats

really my advice would be don't go atkins diet. carbs are necessary and little to no intake of breads/carbs cause an upset in the balance of metabolisms and throws it off.

Damn really, 185.. thats really good for 130. Shit thats my 1 rep max, and I am 148. I went from 132 to 148 all muscle in about 7 months so far. Every thing has gone up dramatically aside from my bench(my biggest lifts are in biceps and legs). I am 5'6 so in about 10 pounds i will look huge.

And yes the atkins diet is shit. No carbs, only protein causes serious health problems... Just ask Dr. Atkins, oh wait he died of a heart attack.

Wow twinsize thanks for clearing that up. I have almost the exact same set. Mine is pretty similar it has all of that stuff on it. Not as nice as yours though. I'm going to make a schedule now. Can you help me? I want the schedule like this:

Monday: Upper body and soccer after school.

Tuesday: Lower body and soccer after school.

Wednesday: Upper body and soccer after school.

Thursday: Lower body and soccer after school.

Friday: My school wieght room. Pretty much move around and do everything.

Saturday: Pure Cardio.

Sunday: Pure Cardio.

Throughout the week with the exception of friday, I have a setup of basically what Twinsize showed. My bench inclines and everything. I feel like an ass asking you guys to help me with this.. like you prolly don't want to make a schedule for me. Take your time and reply whenever you can. If you don't want to help just say that to lol. My max bench is about 210 free weights...Don't know about the stupid smith machine.

Well the way I do it is:

Day one, back

Day two, chest

Day three, legs

Day four, back

Day five, chest

Day six, legs

Day seven, rest

You need 2-3 days between lifts of the same muscle, lifting a muscle that is still sore is worthless. You can do as much soccer/cardio as you want on top of that, although you might want to tone it down on the leg days.

I dunno, if your playing soccer every day, I assume your going to be in really good shape. All cardio does is hinder your growth. It will eat up all the calories that weight lifting would normally do. Cardio+bulking is extremely difficult, and that is why I stayed in the mid 130's until I stopped running and playing soccer. Now I do sprints twice a week, and thats all, and I am growing.

I dunno, if your playing soccer every day, I assume your going to be in really good shape. All cardio does is hinder your growth. It will eat up all the calories that weight lifting would normally do. Cardio+bulking is extremely difficult, and that is why I stayed in the mid 130's until I stopped running and playing soccer. Now I do sprints twice a week, and thats all, and I am growing.

True.

Low intensity high volume cardio screws you pretty bad as far as muscle goes, in 4 weeks I'll be cutting weight and I'm going to do it rhough a combination of light lifting and HIIT, with a proper diet of course.

Id like to see some pictures of the people who called me a dumbass and to shut the fuck up because I have no idea what I am talking about, and how 4% body fat is Auschwitz levels. Maybe delts or whatever your best muscle is, so we can get some reassurance of your credability.

:)

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/bodyfat.htm

Please, drop it. You're wrong.

ok i know this is the "fatass" thread but i have an issue with Gaining weight im currently 6'2" and 135 lbs and extremly thin and tring to gain but failing i work Construction so i am constantly hualing massive weight around and i run about 3 miles every other day i dont visit the Gym all that much due to lack of time/im fucking tired from work i eat semi healthy aloota protein/carbs but still nothing i was in the military 4 4 years and never gained wight (i actually lost alot in bmt(Basic Military Trianing)) any suggestions on Gaining the weight i desperatly need to gain my doc says i need to gain 50+ lbs or i could develop some type of nasty sickness i forget the name to lmk if u have ideas.

Thnxs

ok i know this is the "fatass" thread but i have an issue with Gaining weight im currently 6'2" and 135 lbs and extremly thin and tring to gain but failing i work Construction so i am constantly hualing massive weight around and i run about 3 miles every other day i dont visit the Gym all that much due to lack of time/im fucking tired from work i eat semi healthy aloota protein/carbs but still nothing i was in the military 4 4 years and never gained wight (i actually lost alot in bmt(Basic Military Trianing)) any suggestions on Gaining the weight i desperatly need to gain my doc says i need to gain 50+ lbs or i could develop some type of nasty sickness i forget the name to lmk if u have ideas.

Thnxs

Stop running, start lifting.

Go through the rest of the posts in the thread, lots of advice already posted.

• Administrator

Thnxs

Stop running, start lifting.

Go through the rest of the posts in the thread, lots of advice already posted.

+ lots of pastas.

Drink lots of milk, eat all kinds of pastas and meats.

I hate people who think carbohydrates are bad. They are only bad if you sit on your ass and watch TV all day... (So I guess to Americans, they are bad...)

K I'll have them posted by tonight..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_fat_percentage

Essential fat is that amount necessary for maintenance of life and reproductive functions. The percentage for women is greater than that for men, due to the demands of childbearing and other hormonal functions. Essential fat is 2-5% in men, and 10-13% in women

You guys made it seem since your going 5-7 days a week that, youd be some huge buff guys. I was wrong.

TASE, from looking in the pic thread, it looks like your chubby, but it could be baggy clothing in the mirror. This is prolly a cause of your "bulk diet" involving 4k calories.... looks like it failed, but Im prolly wrong like on the % fat.

Fox, I thought you would be some huge ass buff guy, you have muscle and little fat. I give you credability for looking like that 7 months ago LOL

Fox, I thought you would be some huge ass buff guy, you have muscle and little fat. I give you credability for looking like that 7 months ago LOL

yea....deffinatlly...im saying this in the best way possible...you looked like u couldnt bench press the bar 7 months ago...now u got bicepts and lats and look 100x stronger...nice job

You guys made it seem since your going 5-7 days a week that, youd be some huge buff guys. I was wrong.

TASE, from looking in the pic thread, it looks like your chubby, but it could be baggy clothing in the mirror. This is prolly a cause of your "bulk diet" involving 4k calories.... looks like it failed, but Im prolly wrong like on the % fat.

Uh....

First of all, yeah I'm chubby... I'm at 20% BF at the moment, and I've been at that % for the last 2 years or so. My diet has nothing to do with it, I eat to maintain and gain muscle... not lose weight. However, I'll be switching to weight loss after the first week of May.

Second, foxshox is ripped. I have no idea what you expected him to look like... but for a teenager he is in amazing shape.

Also, the average stongman has somewhere around 20% bodyfat or more, they aren't ripped... because when you lose fat you lose muscle, and that is counterproductive for them.

You guys made it seem since your going 5-7 days a week that, youd be some huge buff guys.  I was wrong.

ehh 5-7 days a week would be a break for me hahaha.. i actually go around 12-14 times a week, because I have grown accustom to it AND I am a hard fucking gainer like no other. My body has incredible recovery times now, so now the only physical downside to working out this much, is the fucking stretch marks all up and down my biceps and shoulders.

yea....definitely...im saying this in the best way possible...you looked like u couldnt bench press the bar 7 months ago...now u got bicepts and lats and look 100x stronger...nice job

Haha yeah I was a little stronger back then then you give me credit for.. I have gone up 100% in all my lifts except bench( I still only max 185, where as my max 7 months ago was like 135).

I got an offtopic comment.

I work out to build strength and not to get all cut up e.g. don't care about a six pack, just strength. A big part of the workout is your diet, so does this mean I should quick having the occasional 12 pack? Will alcohol be counterproductive towards my strength training?

Btw: I should mention I'm 20, 5'7, and 146 pounds.

Edit: One more thing, How can I stop from getting alot of stretch marks, especially around the insides of my shoulders (near armpits).

I work out to build strength and not to get all cut up e.g. don't care about a six pack, just strength. A big part of the workout is your diet, so does this mean I should quick having the occasional 12 pack? Will alcohol be counterproductive towards my strength training?

Edit: One more thing, How can I stop from getting alot of stretch marks, especially around the insides of my shoulders (near armpits).

No idea about stretch marks, I've got a few myself from working out my arms a few months ago.

Beyond that, alcohol is bad for you. I think we all know that. Try to keep it to a minimum and don't drink alot at a time.

No idea about stretch marks, I've got a few myself from working out my arms a few months ago.

Beyond that, alcohol is bad for you. I think we all know that. Try to keep it to a minimum and don't drink alot at a time.

use cocoa butter lotion ohmy.gif

A little bit more on alcohol than 'it is bad for you'

Abstaining from alcohol would of course be number one priority, but seriously... that's never going to happen and you do need to go out and have fun.

However the effects of alcohol do hinder the effects of lifting - greatly. First off, the presence of alcohol in the bloodstream minimizes the amount of testosterone released into the bloodstream. You need testosterone to build muscle. If you have alcohol in your system while your body is rebuilding(i.e. any short period after lifting or any exercise) you will greatly reduce the effectiveness of your workout. Also, after drinking, the body releases cortisol into the system, which increases appetite and also breaks down muscle and fat.

I didn't go into all the effects of drinking because as you stated you are going for power, and well muscle mass and building = power. I posted all the details of what drinking does earlier in this thread.

I mean any cardio is good cardio. Running, stairs, even elliptical will help get the weight off. When I was trying to increase my ability to run, I started by running a half a mile/mile and slowly increased the distance until I reached my goal.

HIIT is a good program if you are in the last stretch of your program, but if your just starting out, then you are going to want to first build up some endurance by jogging/running/biking.

Hi,

I'm kind of short, and weight a bit much, but I wouldn't call it fat.

It's like some chubbiness but I have a god pec base from when I used to work out. I want to get swoll and then cut down, but I really don't like the idea of lowering my daily alcohol consumption and working out.

Isn't there any overnight miracle products that I can buy?

Thanks

-tori-

Hi,

I'm kind of short, and weight a bit much, but I wouldn't call it fat.

It's like some chubbiness but I have a god pec base from when I used to work out. I want to get swoll and then cut down, but I really don't like the idea of lowering my daily alcohol consumption and working out.

Isn't there any overnight miracle products that I can buy?

Thanks

-tori-

Not that I am aware of, but I guess women supplements would help from GNC .

Im lookin for a little help on gaining mass

Right now im about 6'1", 160lbs, 4.5% bf, and 16 years old

im benching 235 and clean/jerking 240, adn can do about 80 pushups in a minute.

I run a 50.4 second 400, and a 4:58 mile in track so id rather not gain huge amounts of weight...

Right now my goal is 185lbs bodyweight, 315 bench, and run in the mid 48 second range in the 400 by the end of the summer (august)

and i dont wanna exceed 6% bf

For about the last month and a half i was on:

GNC brand MASS XXX weight gainer (1000 calorirs and 123 carbs per shake)

Twin lab aminos

4 protein shakes a day (50 grams each)

NO Explode

GNC Mega mens multi vitamin

When i ran out of NO Explode i tried CE2 creatine but it was basically crap

Right now all im taking is protein, adn working out every day

and yes, i am eating ALOT, adn very healthy

About 2 pounds of red meat a day

6 eggs every morning

etc

im getting between 3500 and 4000 calories a day

300 carbs

and 300+ grams of protein

but i am gaining practically no weight

Right now im looking for some new supps to take, im not going to take NO Explode again just because ive got a buddy who knows a guy who helped in teh developement of it and its extremely bad for your heart and brain. Like this kid smokes pot and drinks every day and sniffes coke and what not, and he wont take it bc he thinks its to bad for you

If anyones got some suggestions for me id really appreciate it.

And no i dont really care how many supplements i take or price or anyhting bc ive got the money...

Just lmk

-Muggs

Right now my goal is 185lbs bodyweight, 315 bench, and run in the mid 48 second range in the 400 by the end of the summer (august)

Twin lab aminos

NO Explode

first of your goal is very unrealistic...no possible way your gana be 185lbs benching 315 and still run a 48 second 400....no chance...exspeccially if u dont want more then 6%BF...no way ever this happing imo....

as for your eating habbits....id see a doctor cause if your really taking all those things which in return do cause weight gain..even NO explode with its creatine does....you might have a very very high metablism and you can get pills to slow it down.....idk why u would want to but w.e

Well the way I do it is:

Day one, back

Day two, chest

Day three, legs

Day four, back

Day five, chest

Day six, legs

Day seven, rest

You need 2-3 days between lifts of the same muscle, lifting a muscle that is still sore is worthless. You can do as much soccer/cardio as you want on top of that, although you might want to tone it down on the leg days.

can you post the exercises you do?

I've been looking at things online, but half the time I don't know what they are talking about.

Well the way I do it is:

Day one, back

Day two, chest

Day three, legs

Day four, back

Day five, chest

Day six, legs

Day seven, rest

can you post the exercises you do?

I've been looking at things online, but half the time I don't know what they are talking about.

It's in my very first post.

Twin lab aminos

NO Explode

first of your goal is very unrealistic...no possible way your gana be 185lbs benching 315 and still run a 48 second 400....no chance...exspeccially if u dont want more then 6%BF...no way ever this happing imo....

as for your eating habbits....id see a doctor cause if your really taking all those things which in return do cause weight gain..even NO explode with its creatine does....you might have a very very high metablism and you can get pills to slow it down.....idk why u would want to but w.e

I know its a tough goal but i think i can get it.

But ya in the month or so that i was on NO Explode i gained about 6lbs and 30 lbs on bench.

And god alot faster and my endurance went up an assload.

But ya i have thought about getting metobalism pills n shit but i dont really wanna mess with that kind of stuff...

But ya in the month or so that i was on NO Explode i gained about 6lbs and 30 lbs on bench.

But ya i have thought about getting metobalism pills n shit but i dont really wanna mess with that kind of stuff...

Tough goal my ass.. more like impossible goal. You want to gain 25 pounds AND get faster. There is no way in hell you can put 30 percent on your bench in 4 months and expect to stay below 6% bf.

In order to keep in that kind of shape you have to run ALOT and workout ALOT, 2 things that hinder one another. Its just not physically possible to do all of this in a year much less in 4 months. The 6 pounds and 30 lbs on bench were probably just noob gains, and you really cant expect to keep that up for more than 2 months. I suggest you bring your goals down a bit.

Tough goal my ass.. more like impossible goal. You want to gain 25 pounds AND get faster. There is no way in hell you can put 30 percent on your bench in 4 months and expect to stay below 6% bf.

In order to keep in that kind of shape you have to run ALOT and workout ALOT, 2 things that hinder one another. Its just not physically possible to do all of this in a year much less in 4 months. The 6 pounds and 30 lbs on bench were probably just noob gains, and you really cant expect to keep that up for more than 2 months. I suggest you bring your goals down a bit.

I have a friend named Adam with these specs.. His bench is probably not 315 though, probably about 280, possibly less.

He has like 6-7% BF, 280 bench, and he plays soccer and runs a mid 48 second range in the 400 approximately I would say..

They're right though you might want to revise your goal a bit.

well the only reason, i think, that i gain practically no weight is bc i run 2-15 miles every other day, and workout the days i dont run.

I guess we'll see tho...

Yeah but thats just it.. your going to have to pick speed or size. Unless you are running AND working out everyday, and find some ridiculous diet that allows for both, and allows for you to gain weight, it just won't happen. Running burns calories that would be otherwise be put towards your weight, and let me tell you, working out completely fucks with any running you want to do. I used to be in pretty good shape(3 mile was like 22 minutes), but now I can't run for shit after only 7 months, even though I have only put on like 15 lbs of muscle since then.

• 2 weeks later...

so i lift nearly ever single day....im 230lbs 5'9 and need to get alittle bit faster for football season...id like to get to 215lb then back up to 225lb with aliitle less fat....is it possible for me to still me lifting and taking supplements and loose wieght...cause it seems like i run 20m like 2-3x a week and do a spring sport and im not loosing anything....idk if its because my supplements or over lifting.....Bassiaclly....i need some advice on how i can loose wieght by august and still be lifting at the same time.....please help if u can with eating habbits, work out plans, ill do w.e it takes so dont think lazy...

eat all kinds of pastas

WHOLE WHEAT ONLY

Barilla Plus pasta is great, it's exceptionally good with garlic and oil (a bit of Olive oil, not a dousing of any random oil). I like to have it with chicken and broccoli, hot or cold it's great. Still good pasta with tomato sauce, but tomato sauce doesn't bring out the flavor in it like oil and garlic do.

Here's one of my favorite healthy meals:

-Lean chicken breasts cooked with a bit of onion, garlic, and olive oil so it doesn't stick to the pan (cook it in a pan on stovetop)

-Steamed Broccoli (you might not like the way you've had it in the past, but if you cook it right so it's tender but still holds its form and isn't mushy, you'll like it)

-Wheat pasta, I stick to my favorite Barilla Plus (I've tried others but this is by far the best to me)

Cook the pasta to your liking, cook the chicken in a pan, steam the broccoli, mix them together with garlic infused olive oil, a bit of salt if you like that. Have some fresh fruit before it.

As for beverage...

NEVER DRINK SODA, it's pure sugar and it makes you fat and unhealthy. I have a bad habit of drinking too much soda when I do have it (first time in a few months I had soda, I bought a 2 liter of Mountain Dew and finished it within an hour).

Some recommendations:

-Drink a lot of water. It's good for your body as long, drink it when you're thirsty, don't drink so much that you end up thinning out your blood, but you should know you're having too much long before that happens. Drinking eight glasses of water a day is good for you, or just carry around a very large bottle of spring water for ease.

-Milk is good, 1% is much lower fat but still tastes good, some people like skim milk, I like 1% a lot more. 2% or whole milk has a lot of extra fat, you can get used to 1%, and you need some fat anyway.

-Gatorade is good for when you exercise, 50 calories per cup and it's still sweet. Powerade and other comparable drinks have twice as many calories, so I avoid them

-Tea comes in many varieties and you can serve it many ways. Don't put much sugar in it and you'll be good. Green Tea (or any other tea you like) with honey (not too much, it's pretty much straight sugar) can be a good drink for a lot of times.

-Wine with dinner can make a good meal great, and a great meal better. Learn how to pair wines with foods. Red wine is also healthy in moderation, and the meal I listed above is complimented well by it.

-Beer is good to drink, just don't drink too much. Light beer doesn't fill you up? That's bad, you're consuming a small amount fewer calories per amount and you're drinking more. Guinness has 9 grams of carbohydrates per 8oz and is comparable to drinking a loaf of bread. Let a beer fill you up with your meal, just don't become an alcoholic. As far as getting drunk and eating healthy, alcohol has a lot of calories. Drinking a bottle of liquor (750ml/24oz) in a night is 2500+ calories, drinking half of that is still a lot, and when you drink over time it builds up a lot.

Well there's my input for today, a lot of random stuff to throw out there.

can someone tell me how to, i guess, join my chest? its kinda like this atm. ( ) ( )

couple days ago i was working out doing butterflies and this guy comes up to me and says u shouldnt be doing these as they will increase the gap between ur chest. is this true?

also would like suggestions to keep my stomach flat, normally it is..but when i finish eating, after a while it starts to show lol

can someone tell me how to, i guess, join my chest? its kinda like this atm. ( ) ( )

couple days ago i was working out doing butterflies and this guy comes up to me and says u shouldnt be doing these as they will increase the gap between ur chest. is this true?

also would like suggestions to keep my stomach flat, normally it is..but when i finish eating, after a while it starts to show lol

Personally I have no idea about the aesthetic part of it; you probably want to look up some sort of palates for that shit.

what he means is it is strengthening the side part of your chest [like right infront of your armpit if you have your arms stretching out to each side]. Thats what i think he is talking about. its not really seperating so to speak.

As to your stomach, everyone's stomach sticks out after they eat, its normal. Aslong as it goes back down to being flat your fine.

so i lift nearly ever single day....im 230lbs 5'9 and need to get alittle bit faster for football season...id like to get to 215lb then back up to 225lb with aliitle less fat....is it possible for me to still me lifting and taking supplements and loose wieght...cause it seems like i run 20m like 2-3x a week and do a spring sport and im not loosing anything....idk if its because my supplements or over lifting.....Bassiaclly....i need some advice on how i can loose wieght by august and still be lifting at the same time.....please help if u can with eating habbits, work out plans, ill do w.e it takes so dont think lazy...

still need advice...not working...lost like 4lbs and kept it off in 3 weeks..nothing major..

• 1 month later...