Member Rating System

madd-hatter

• Administrator

A 5 star rating system or an approval percentage sliding bar would bring a more personal touch to everything. Something maybe like the the TT system but having nothing to do with D2. A way of showing how the forum views a member.

Maybe even like a personality rating system. Have multiple options to express a users style. No negative ones listed, so it could not be abused.

EX: Something like this found in the profile that the entire member base can adjust their take on a member.

-----|----- Comedy

-----|----- Politics

-----|----- Religion

-----|----- Philosophy

-----|----- Gaming

(Set even in all categories like this scale currently is it would read:)

madd-hatter is described as 20% comedy, 20% political, 20% religious, 20% philosophy, 20% gaming

More and more of us stray away from the D2 based forums and head to OT. I know this is a good idea if it is used correctly. The above is just an example, I know that would be very hard to code regardless of how awesome it would be. The problem with it is the average member age here is probably low teens... If done incorrectly, it would be easily abused.

Edit: Also, maybe dispose of the interests section in the profile and turn it into a short bio area.

Thats actually a damn good idea Don, Id like to see it happen, would make it a nice thing. I really see that happening for something like Eagle because of the age differences here and there. GG thought though, would give an insight to how people view each other.

Good idea but could also be abused easily. And the Eagle members would abuse it too.. btw.

Thats actually a damn good idea Don, Id like to see it happen, would make it a nice thing.  I really see that happening for something like Eagle because of the age differences here and there.  GG thought though, would give an insight to how people view each other.

Good idea but could also be abused easily. And the Eagle members would abuse it too.. btw.

like everyone else said .how could it be abused if everything listed is positive? ... this could be used for general chat

if a member has a high rating his post may be more intresting to read attracting more ppl to read it .. O_o thats the most useful thing i can think of.. also gives cain things to do with "customizing" accounts too ..

i dont think that Politics, Religion, Philosophy, or Gaming should be up there and this is why....We hardly ever talk about politics so i dont see why it would be nessecary to have a rating system on that.....When ever the topic of religion comes up a mod tries to close it because it ussally will turn into a argument....philosophy?? most kids on the site are >16 ....and gaming....you said on the top " but having nothing to do with D2 " so i dont know why d2 would be up there......if those are just examples and not the final catagories im sorry for this post...but thats my 2 cents about the topic

• Administrator
i dont think that Politics, Religion, Philosophy, or Gaming should be up there and this is why....We hardly ever talk about politics so i dont see why it would be nessecary to have a rating system on that.....When ever the topic of religion comes up a mod tries to close it because it ussally will turn into a argument....philosophy?? most kids on the site are >16 ....and gaming....you said on the top " but having nothing to do with D2 " so i dont know why d2 would be up there......if those are just examples and not the final catagories im sorry for this post...but thats my 2 cents about the topic

They were just examples man.

They were just examples man.

yea i was thinking about that while writing my post and thats why i ended it like i did......srry bout that...its a good idea and i hope it gets passed :-)

instead of a rating, you could have a thumbs up or thumbs down option in the FIRST post of a thread, and it could show up numbers in green or red, say (+14) would be 14 votes for an intresting post, and (-14) would be a 14 votes for a shitty topic...

maybe have an accumalated number of total +/- votes next to a persons name....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...