Yes, it is true...I am quitting D2

tenjuna

• Site Owner

in an attempt to quell the rumor mills, I wanted to make this announcement.

yes, after 18 months of playing, I am really quitting d2.

why? lots of reasons, all of which have nothing to do with anyone here specifically. I have accomplished way more in this game than I ever thought I would, and I find it fitting for me to step down while I am at the top of my game (no pun intended).

I want to assure everyone that the site is NOT dying, and the diablo forums are NOT being deleted. while I had considered this, I decided that I could not possibly abandon everything I have worked for here.

by the way, yes I am selling everything I own, which is a substantial amount. you can find the thread on this in the dbay forum. it will take me 2 months to sell everything as there is a LOT there. whatever I do not sell will be given away free to the loyal membership of dtrades (you guys).

• Site Owner

no need to be sad...change is inevitable, and usually a good thing.

one of the thing I am hoping to do is get everyone a discount on Guild Wars, and get the site an exclusive in-game item. for everyone that wants to play anyway.

I have already asked the Guild Wars people about this, and I think with the member base we have, and the indication that a lot of people here were wanting to play, bodes well for a positive reply on that.

the diablo forums will still be here, and I intend a major influx of staff to take care of the various portions of the site.

things are not getting worse, they are getting way better.

• Site Owner
I want to assure everyone that the site is NOT dying, and the diablo forums are NOT being deleted. while I had considered this, I decided that I could not possibly abandon everything I have worked for here.

everything is going to be exactly the same, except there will be a brand new skin, and the site will have a new name.

• Site Owner
everything is going to be exactly the same, except there will be a brand new skin, and the site will have a new name.

not sure why people keep asking about is this staying is that staying etc...READ.

as for why not wow, I do not feel like paying extra money to play a game that to me looked boring. the 6 minutes I did get to play was boooooring.

the thing that turns me on about Guild Wars is their promise of not having to treadmill characters. I do not have a lot of time to play as it is, so this is very appealing to me.

• Site Owner
ZzZ diablo will be much easier to own with all of you gone

btw tenj why warsguild.com?  Sounds stupid, atleast make it warguilds.com or something that makes sense.  Thats unless you've already registered the domain.

everyone has a right to their opinion, unless it has something to do with me...then you have to shhhh.

:)

otherwise guildwars.com = warsguild.com flipped around...I thought it was catchy.

besides all the other combos I came up with all sounded equally dumb or were taken.

ZzZ diablo will be much easier to own with all of you gone

btw tenj why warsguild.com?  Sounds stupid, atleast make it warguilds.com or something that makes sense.  Thats unless you've already registered the domain.

everyone has a right to their opinion, unless it has something to do with me...then you have to shhhh.

:)

otherwise guildwars.com = warsguild.com flipped around...I thought it was catchy.

besides all the other combos I came up with all sounded equally dumb or were taken.

Bunk

i was wondering when you were going to throw in the towel :)

i can change the Dtrades.org on your sig to Warsguild.org ne time you want, just holler

most of the old leets of diablo have quit resently

the game just isnt fun ne more with AA..that was the sole reason why i played, to duel

and when dueling went down the drain..so did the game.

Heh it sucks to see you go tenj, i never got to know you well on d2 seeing how we only met more recently, anyways i was considering quiting also to try out guildwars but ive decided im still quite dedicated to d2, so considering most of the mods i know are quiting or have quit for wow or this new game. If there is anything i can do to help you out or lend you a hand just let me know, i truly love what you did on dtrades and how successful this site is overall, i would do anything to help see it stays the same after you go. :)