The "Where should I dump my stats?" answer.

First let me say, these suggestions are not mine alone. It is a commonly asked, and repeatedly answered question, that members like these below have answered over the time that I have been here at Dtrades.org:

kG-B

2headeddragon

blckdemondrgn

insane1120

midnightrdr456

Final_Leviathan

mytitans

NuB-Remorse

Your Stats

There are two very important questions you have to ask yourself most important being will you be using 95%E-shield:

Will I be using 70/15s or 20/17s?

Will this Sorc be Dueling Elemental characters only?

or

Will this Sorc be Dueling All Characters?

Simply put:

Sorc Vrs Sorc/Elemental Opponent(except poison), All Stats in Energy

Sorc Vrs All, All Vita or at least 2k life. *NOTE* This includes sorcs that plan to use <85% E-shield.

Lets start by listing the PvP Damage Order and the PvP Penalty:

This is the order in which damage is applied in PvP:

1) 17% PvP Multiplier

This is the "pvp mod" that people talk about in duels. It decreases your damage by 5/6ths

2) Bone/Cyclone Armor and Energy Shield

Bone armor absorbs Physical, Cyclone absorbs Elemental, and E-shield absorbs both. Please note that all these shields absorb before resists.

3) -dmg items (physical or magic: magic includes elemental)

These are the 'magic, cold, fire, lightning and Physical damage reduced' items

4) Resistance

(DR% capped at 50%, elemental capped at 95%, absorb capped at 40%, -resists capped at -100%)

5) Absorb %

(applied twice, so 20% absorb = 40% less dmg)

6) Absorb #

(numerical absorb also applied twice.  Note: healing is applied first for both types of absorb, so if you are at full HPs, you will only benefit from absorb once) 

Now let's demonstrate how E-shield works with the corresponding synergy "Telekinesis".

Each point in Telekinesis makes Energy Shield's damage absorption more effective. By default, for each point of damage absorbed by Energy Shield, 2 mana points are deducted - a 200% ratio. Each skill point in Telekinesis makes Energy Shield 6.25% more effective.

For example, with 8 points in Telekinesis, 1.5 mana points are deducted for each point of damage absorbed - a 150% ratio. With 16 points in Telekinesis, one point of damage absorbed equals one point of mana loss - a 100% ratio.  With 20 points in Telekinesis, one point of damage absorbed equals 0.75 points of mana loss - a 75% ratio.

How do I calculate damage taken to mana and life with energy shield?

There

great now this should be sticky at the top so hopefully people will read this.

by sticky I don't mean in the sorc guides.

I agree with this 100% cause in sva you need life to survive against poison/ow which what I say a lot.

svs you need not worry as much cause mana takes the damage or at least elemental damages - poison I doubt is counted as elemental.

everyone should know bmana/15-70 gives a lot of mana so you can go pure vita depending on your funds.

Looks like you guys got it right biggrin.gif

I would like to add one thing:

-90+ es is horrible for high damage elemental chars and this is why:

20k fb=nearly 2600 dmg to mana.

it's unlikely your mana will be above 5k.

so in 2 hits your mana is gone(no fhr bp will save you from this) and in 3 your dead.

personally i like 3.5K mana at 70ish and 4k+ once you hit the 80's.

Simply put:

Sorc Vrs Sorc/Elemental Opponent(except poison), All Stats in Energy

Sorc Vrs All, All Vita or at least 2k life.

hehe nice guide...i usually just tell ppl to get round 1.8k life and rest mana if there gonna have a rich build. i think i had like 1850 life/5000 mana. works out pretty well vs ele or other

loooks great but ieve heard everywhere including arreat summit that sorb works by dealing damage to you first, not healing first like you say in your post.

absorb will be partially useless if it did. think about it: if you get hurt then heal. you can die first.

really again that makes little sense. you absorb first to heal thus taking less damage before the damage applies.

with 13x b manas, and 73%e shield with max telekensis, should i got like still go all vit? or should i only get it too 2klife and dump the rest into mana?(i'll be max block btw)

to be mean, nice, and repetitive here is your answers:

one duh go all vita. how many times have I said it? I am pretty sure I either answered you or you should've seen my same answers somewhere else in another thread answering the same question.

ok plz I NEVER get this one...why do people act like mana is their life with low es % - I consider low es % < 80%. go with all vita again, you should have 3-3.5k+mana with scs alone since your replacing one gc with 3xbmana.

on another note kg-b can you add/edited a few things if you like:

with bmana it adds a lot of mana so you can go pure vita if fighting sva.

these stat placements works well with regular average 75% es as well except the pure ene part - can place a good amount if need be but not 100% ene.

average es % want minimum of 2.5-3k+mana usually.

also life/mana ratio varies so there is no ideal goal in this part.

just a thought, in case maybe some people ask.

of course I know that but maybe ppl think it is only for 95% es sorcs. some ppl may get confuse. of course I know that personally.

ya les...idk if retired ppl can edit 24/7, but if u can u should prob edit something in abt es %. like 80% and lower needs to go all life, cuz for some reason ppl begin to think that 80% is actually a lot more then it really is. ur guide is more aimed for 90%+.

of course I know that but maybe ppl think it is only for 95% es sorcs. some ppl may get confuse. of course I know that personally.

ya les...idk if retired ppl can edit 24/7, but if u can u should prob edit something in abt es %. like 80% and lower needs to go all life, cuz for some reason ppl begin to think that 80% is actually a lot more then it really is. ur guide is more aimed for 90%+.

True, in all those points......

I will *edit* and make it say in addition to SvA, if you have less than 85%E-shield

this will also need All Vita

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

good guide, nice formulas, but for the amateurs looking into this you may want to lead those that would have a low es (i.e. people that should go all vita anyway) away from using es at all. If you're going all vita you'll have lower mana, even with charms, and your es will still be taking closer to 2mana/dmg. So, with already low mana and more mana lost, one fb can strand you and in CvC duels tele can be the difference between fighting for the rest of your life with defensive strategies or walking around the moor taking hits like a pin cushion.

SO:

If you're considering going all vit...you probably shouldn't even bother with es, IMO. Go with enough mana to stay on the run and cast all you need to (which, in many cases, will be nothing, considering gear). Build res and let your life take the hits, at least you'll still be able to tele away and get another shot off.

This is a bit of a sloppy response, and just my opinion, but some chars aren't made for es. Mull it over.

• 3 weeks later...
good guide, nice formulas, but for the amateurs looking into this you may want to lead those that would have a low es (i.e. people that should go all vita anyway) away from using es at all. If you're going all vita you'll have lower mana, even with charms, and your es will still be taking closer to 2mana/dmg. So, with already low mana and more mana lost, one fb can strand you and in CvC duels tele can be the difference between fighting for the rest of your life with defensive strategies or walking around the moor taking hits like a pin cushion.

SO:

If you're considering going all vit...you probably shouldn't even bother with es, IMO. Go with enough mana to stay on the run and cast all you need to (which, in many cases, will be nothing, considering gear). Build res and let your life take the hits, at least you'll still be able to tele away and get another shot off.

This is a bit of a sloppy response, and just my opinion, but some chars aren't made for es. Mull it over.

I don't know anyone that would even think of making a sorc without one of their godliest skills, a.k.a Energy Shield. Honestly, I tried to make a max res non-eshield sorc...... needless to say that ended after a short period.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...