1.11 Ling's BvC Guide

Rate the guide  

188 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most strength you need would be for using CoA with fort, resistance boots, and a +strength ow belts/tgods. With my barb, this came out to 55/41 base strength/dexterity.

If this is your first BvC, or you have never used widowmaker and Fortitude, go with base strength/dexterity.

Ehh... I really wanted to go base str on my baba. Is adding str even completely necessary? I mean, I realize I don't have to use Fort if I don't want to, but is it worth the added str to wear it?

The most strength you need would be for using CoA with fort, resistance boots, and a +strength ow belts/tgods. With my barb, this came out to 55/41 base strength/dexterity.

If this is your first BvC, or you have never used widowmaker and Fortitude, go with base strength/dexterity.

Ehh... I really wanted to go base str on my baba. Is adding str even completely necessary? I mean, I realize I don't have to use Fort if I don't want to, but is it worth the added str to wear it?

Why do people always want to get 100 life and lose a shitload of functionality?

You can build your barb base str but what is the fucking point if you str glitch yourself in certain cases (yes, if you follow this guide you WILL str glitch yourself vs hdins if you use base vita), or cant use certain setups because you wanted 6.9k life instead of 6.8 life.

This is from another thread, but is highly relevant:

I disagree with ling on this...fort is only really good vs hdins or smiters, and smiters are easy anyway. VS Hdins, you dont need to wear coa (in fact you shoudlnt), so you only need enough str to equip fort with arreats. Basically in this setup the limiting factor is your weapons (or arreats, cant remember which) so you only need enough str to use arreats with your torch/anni/dracs.

Its basically an additional 20 pts or so over base depending on gear...which is nothing in the grand scheme. Fort is also good bvb and other random times, but in these cases its only good with dungos, and then your talking mass str to equip coa. IMO its not worth it at all.

I don't think I've mentioned this in this thread, or anywhere, anytime recent, but the reason that I reccomend having enough str for fort/coa/resboots/str belt is for facing vts. Using fort enables you stack better to negate foh and duel them as a pure smiter.

I disagree with ling on this...fort is only really good vs hdins or smiters, and smiters are easy anyway. VS Hdins, you dont need to wear coa (in fact you shoudlnt), so you only need enough str to equip fort with arreats. Basically in this setup the limiting factor is your weapons (or arreats, cant remember which) so you only need enough str to use arreats with your torch/anni/dracs.

Its basically an additional 20 pts or so over base depending on gear...which is nothing in the grand scheme. Fort is also good bvb and other random times, but in these cases its only good with dungos, and then your talking mass str to equip coa. IMO its not worth it at all.

I don't think I've mentioned this in this thread, or anywhere, anytime recent, but the reason that I reccomend having enough str for fort/coa/resboots/str belt is for facing vts. Using fort enables you stack better to negate foh and duel them as a pure smiter.

true ling, i hadnt thought of dueling Vts like that. Assuming you can stack enough like that to negate reduce foh dmg to laughable status thats good, but if it still does damage, and they figure out you arent wearing nigma, gl getting anywhere near enought to kill them.

errr

coa=30

fort=20

res boots=40~

highlords=35

torch/anni/4 x 5/5=60

nat res=~60

245-100 hell=145

convict=-175

:)

coa = 30

fort = 30

boots = 45 (use shanks)

lords = 35

torch anni 5/5s = 60

nat res = 60

2x ar/light res rings (each has 30+) = 60

** I highly recommend getting rings like this now after playing my bvc and dueling v/ts they are a huge help, i borrowed 2 from a friend and tried it in a few duels and realized a BIG difference**

now your at 320

220 after hell

and conviction is -150 most V/T wont be sporting a ton of -res gear on top of that b/c they will want to also make use of smite. Vs a wwbarb they will use dmgreduce gear and high dmging smite gear. But lets say -5 in shield, armor, helm. Just for arguments sake, there wont be more than that, so thats -165% then

220 - 165 = 55 res. Foh on a v/t is usually 4-5k (some have 6k but its rare)after PvP and your res they do 375 dmg. Now use a tgods (which is gm) and that dmg is not something all that bad. It will turn more into a smite vs wwbarb duel.

coa = 30

fort = 30

boots = 45 (use shanks)

lords = 35

torch anni 5/5s = 60

nat res = 60

2x ar/light res rings (each has 30+) = 60

** I highly recommend getting rings like this now after playing my bvc and dueling v/ts they are a huge help, i borrowed 2 from a friend and tried it in a few duels and realized a BIG difference**

now your at 320

220 after hell

and conviction is -150 most V/T wont be sporting a ton of -res gear on top of that b/c they will want to also make use of smite. Vs a wwbarb they will use dmgreduce gear and high dmging smite gear. But lets say -5 in shield, armor, helm. Just for arguments sake, there wont be more than that, so thats -165% then

220 - 165 = 55 res. Foh on a v/t is usually 4-5k (some have 6k but its rare)after PvP and your res they do 375 dmg. Now use a tgods (which is gm) and that dmg is not something all that bad. It will turn more into a smite vs wwbarb duel.

ehhhh...gonna put your ar low with those rings

+tgods+fort=2 absorb/max items :/

charge away+foh will still eventually kill you :)

Fools, fort is a bad choice vs smiters.  How fast you ww through an opponent is dependent on your r/w speed.  Without the 45 frw from enigma, smiters can tele smite you and land hits easily before you get out of their range.

Ive never liked for for anything but hdins.

I honestly would never use fort for anything.

Well for those of us that enjoy not getting owned, its a handy choice for hdins.

Fools, fort is a bad choice vs smiters.  How fast you ww through an opponent is dependent on your r/w speed.  Without the 45 frw from enigma, smiters can tele smite you and land hits easily before you get out of their range.

Well for those of us that enjoy not getting owned, its a handy choice for hdins.

jokes...enigma is way better vs hammer. Using for means no mobility = you getting surrounded by fields of desynched hammers.

ermm i dont see what charms u use and what rings and also what belt

other then that nice guide

Belt = Arachs, maybe TGods, Snowclash, or OW/str belt depending on the situation.

Rings = 2x Ravens, maybe 1x Angelic w/ ammy, or FC/Sorb rings depending on the situation.

Charms = Mostly 320s, with some FHR/Res scs mixed in depending on the situation.

This is all in the guide, or at the least in the first version. Read all the pages, not just the initial guide.

Belt = Arachs, maybe TGods, Snowclash, or OW/str belt depending on the situation.

Rings = 2x Ravens, maybe 1x Angelic w/ ammy, or FC/Sorb rings depending on the situation.

Charms = Mostly 320s, with some FHR/Res scs mixed in depending on the situation.

This is all in the guide, or at the least in the first version. Read all the pages, not just the initial guide.

pretty much what herald said but

belts: arach as primary, dungos,tgods, ow/str/other mod belt in stash, and i would lose the snowclash, as its bm and you cant stack high enough to make use of it anyway.

-on my barb, i 40-15d my widow and used nof coil to hit a break point with widow marker out, so I actually never used an OW belt, but thats jut me.

Charms is really your preference. I used 2xbmana, 4x 5fhr/5res scs (to hit max fire res after facets, and to hit 48% fhr with coa on), and the res 320s. However, since I played on teh world ladder, I also had a mule that I could get 290s off of for defensive es sorcs, and 10x 20/10cold scs so i could stack (theres no way you can fit these in your stash)

Rings: 2x ravens are standard, 2x angelics w/ ammy, then I had 2x fcr/high res+res all/mana rings, and 2x wisps. I also kept 1 dwarf and a carrion wind to stack a little poison res vs psn necs.

belts: arach as primary, dungos,tgods, ow/str/other mod belt in stash, and i would lose the snowclash, as its bm and you cant stack high enough to make use of it anyway.

-on my barb, i 40-15d my widow and used nof coil to hit a break point with widow marker out, so I actually never used an OW belt, but thats jut me.

Charms is really your preference. I used 2xbmana, 4x 5fhr/5res scs (to hit max fire res after facets, and to hit 48% fhr with coa on), and the res 320s. However, since I played on teh world ladder, I also had a mule that I could get 290s off of for defensive es sorcs, and 10x 20/10cold scs so i could stack (theres no way you can fit these in your stash)

Rings: 2x ravens are standard, 2x angelics w/ ammy, then I had 2x fcr/high res+res all/mana rings, and 2x wisps. I also kept 1 dwarf and a carrion wind to stack a little poison res vs psn necs.

Ya I was thinking nec when I put in Snowclash. Ignore that part. The biggest thing to remember when switching rings/belts is to keep at least 20 FC on your char at all times when wearing Enigma. Some situations will call for more, but virtually none will call for less.

Ya I was thinking nec when I put in Snowclash. Ignore that part. The biggest thing to remember when switching rings/belts is to keep at least 20 FC on your char at all times when wearing Enigma. Some situations will call for more, but virtually none will call for less.

Eh...barbs, hammerdins, smiters, any melee dont require fast tele.

So that's... 4 out of the 20 or so diff situations you'll encounter?

Isn't nitpicking fun?

Isn't nitpicking fun?

eh, hdins and barbs and smiters are probably the most popular chars in the game dude, id say just about every pub game will have one of those three.

jokes...enigma is way better vs hammer. Using for means no mobility = you getting surrounded by fields of desynched hammers.

That's what i say too but hey it's not like you've ever played a hammerdin :):crazy:

That's what i say too but hey it's not like you've ever played a hammerdin :):p

kinda hard to set up fields on 4 sides @ once. Im not saying I can beat you on a hammer kaer (Im 95% sure I couldnt), but ive never seen a hammerdin take advantage of my barbs lack of mobility...

... except by hiding in houses :crazy:

Isn't nitpicking fun?

eh, hdins and barbs and smiters are probably the most popular chars in the game dude, id say just about every pub game will have one of those three.

You are correct, they are prevelant in pub games, along with zons and sorcs. I feel that the most well rounded setup for those types of games will include at least 20 FC. As always, you gear setup should be relevant to the situation you're facing. Just smiters/barbs: sure, go for more DR. TG Zons and random sorcs: I like the fc more than max DR.

Quote trees are fun.

I've heard of using the Um'd Wizzy technique against sorcs for the fcr + stacked res + open wounds (to bleed them out)... does this really work and should I use 2x Um'd Wizzies or 1 with another weapon?

absolutely

Not. That is an incredibly shitty idea. You dont need to match sorc FCR to catch them, you have leap.

I\'ve heard of using the Um\'d Wizzy technique against sorcs for the fcr + stacked res + open wounds (to bleed them out)... does this really work and should I use 2x Um\'d Wizzies or 1 with another weapon?

absolutely

Not. That is an incredibly shitty idea. You dont need to match sorc FCR to catch them, you have leap.

Yeah that\'s probably the stupidest idea i\'ve ever heard of on a bvc. Open Wounds does 500 pvp. Some block sorcs have as much as 2500 life. That means you have to hit then 5x(they block 3 out of 4 so that\'s 20x). Over a long duel, if they use coh+hoto, they will also regenerate a lot of life. By the way how do you plan on killing them even if they are at 1?

Another thing Ling if you get 37 ias on a beserker axe with the beast fanta, you need no extra. So you can use an 08 highlords+coa or res/strength ed/strength arreats.

I've heard of using the Um'd Wizzy technique against sorcs for the fcr + stacked res + open wounds (to bleed them out)... does this really work and should I use 2x Um'd Wizzies or 1 with another weapon?

absolutely

true. i use to play with grief/wiz vs defensive sorcs but wiz would hit alot of the time and no damgage would come to them

when i started using leap to catch sorc's i dropped the wiz since i found it useless

absolutely

true. i use to play with grief/wiz vs defensive sorcs but wiz would hit alot of the time and no damgage would come to them

when i started using leap to catch sorc's i dropped the wiz since i found it useless

yeah...the most FCR you should ever need is 38. OCCASIONALLY 63 is nice Vs necros, but thats seriously it.

ermm what other skills should u put in after all those are done

around lvl 87 u got 5 shout 4 res 4 speed after that whats next more shout or res idk

it kind of depends on what you plan on doing

I maxed leap (in case i wanted to team duel)

SO my hard skill pts were

20 ww

20 mastery

20 leap

20 bo

4? in NR

4? in speed

Dump rest in shout

But the shout thing is really a toss up, you could put it in zerk too. After you max your basic shit, it comes down to preference, your not gonna be 100% better because you have 4pts in shout as opposed to 4 pts in zerk, or even extra pts in NR, or INC spped

around lvl 87 u got 5 shout 4 res 4 speed after that whats next more shout or res idk

20 ww

20 mastery

20 leap

20 bo

4? in NR

4? in speed

Dump rest in shout

But the shout thing is really a toss up, you could put it in zerk too. After you max your basic shit, it comes down to preference, your not gonna be 100% better because you have 4pts in shout as opposed to 4 pts in zerk, or even extra pts in NR, or INC spped

Shout is useless.

20 ww

20 mastery

20 BO

1 bc

enough in leap to be at 21 with COA on

20 beserk

Rest in nat res/speed

20 ww

20 mastery

20 leap

20 bo

4? in NR

4? in speed

Dump rest in shout

Shout is useless.

20 ww

20 mastery

20 BO

1 bc

20 beserk

Rest in nat res/speed

That leap is weak. And dustin, being lvled up as high as I was (94) I had enough in shout to make some bvcs swap to angelics to hit more. I did have pretty much perfect everything though.

20 ww

20 mastery

20 leap

20 bo

4? in NR

4? in speed

Dump rest in shout

Shout is useless.

20 ww

20 mastery

20 BO

1 bc

20 beserk

Rest in nat res/speed

That leap is weak. And dustin, being lvled up as high as I was (94) I had enough in shout to make some bvcs swap to angelics to hit more. I did have pretty much perfect everything though.

lvl 21 covers the whole screen, with arreats you'll be at lvl 24, you may want to do like 20 leap 10 beserk but with 20 beserk i've killed as high as a 2.9k life necro :)