Dbay Tips and Guidelines

smoked

here are some thing to help you from getting scammed:

1. people can no longer sign up and come directly to dbay...they need to put some effort into it before getting in here.

2. if you are sending money, insist that they send you an e-mail from the e-mail address they are asking you to PayPal to BEFORE you send payment, so you know it's their account.

the scam I got hooked with involved me sending money to a 3rd party's PayPal, after which the scammer got some items from them, pretending that they had just paid them. you would then of course be left with nothing. I didn't pay attention nor did I take any precaution, and this is a VERY common scam. I got gg'd, so learn from my mistake.

if it can happen to me, it can happen to you.

caveat emptor. (buyer beware)

3. use a DBay moderator...this has been said until I am out of breath, but yet you guys are not patient enough to listen. well, if you get scammed without listening that's your problem, really.

4. use a money order. you can always send or receive a money order rather than PayPal. if you get a hint of a scam, stop payment on the money order. simple.

and if you are nervous about a stop payment, use a DBay moderator to hold the money order or items in-between.

again. simple.

5. anyone not satisfied with their trade can negative tt someone...make sure you do so everyone knows.

6. if it seems too good to be true...guess what? it usually is.

7. if someone pms you or whispers you out of the blue for no apparent reason, make them post here so everyone can see it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...