Topic:All Caster/Melee

Ran by (whoever)

Rules

1.No hacks,only exception is Maphack

2.No healing

3.No Slow missile/Iron Maiden

4.Nec's cannot revive

5.No char can prebuff if found prebuffing u will be kicked off the ladder

6.Both people will bo cast there attacks/skills in front of town without hostile then hostile once both parties have

7.Once u have bo/casted ur skills u CAN'T go to town

8.No merc's allowed.

9.No stack resist and only 85% allowed

10.1 piece ONLY Of resist/max resist Is And that piece Is only 75 Only thing that can go over is a 10 max resist 80 resist shield. *Only*

11.Only 10x20Life/Res sc's are allowed

12.you can Not Use Plus resist and resist With Sorb, with an exception only barb can use 2 ravens

13.No Sorb, only one piece is allowed.

14.Dodge limit is 2 days.

15.U can only challange 2 spots Ahead of you.

16.Duels are first to 3 or 5, both people need to agree.

17.The game must be in Hell mode.

18.No more than 10x15-70's are allowed

19.Only One account is allowed.

20.Summor nec's can use 30 skele/mage NO REVIVES AND NO MAIDEN.

21.Challanger Must PM and Post for the challenge

22. if challanger does not show proof of trying to contact defender for 2 dodge days the duel will be voided.

23.Good luck and have fun!

*Caster Only Ladder*

(Name) (Account) (Dtrades forums account) (Chara Type)

#1.

#2.

#3.

#4.

#5.

#6.

#7.

#8.

#9.

#10.

#11.

#12.

#13.

#14.

#15.

*World Ladder*

(Name) (Account) (Dtrades forums account) (Chara Type)

#1.

#2.

#3.

#4.

#5.

#6.

#7.

#8.

#9.

#10.

#11.

#12.

#13.

#14.

#15.

This ladder is open to every character.

• Administrator

wait until the ladder is up to start claiming postions.. i need ppl to agree on the rules, then i need to see if tenj wants to go through with a complicated ladder like this or not.. then when its all agreed on and put up you can claim spots..

it'll probably take a few days for new ladders

The rules are unclear and have bad grammar. How about these?

ONLY ONE CHARACTER PER PERSON MAY BE USED

Third Party Programs

No hacks that affect dueling. (Maphack may be used to check for banned items)

Potions

No dueler may use health or rejuv potions and only non-ES (sorcs) can use mana pots.

Shrines are banned.

Curses and Banned Spells

No characters may prebuff.

Casting of slow missile and iron maiden are banned, and only necromancers can cast other curses

Necromancers cannot revive. Further more, summon necromancers may us up to 30 warriors OR mages.

Other

Mercenaries are banned.

No more than 10x15 life/70 mana small charms are allowed.

No more than 10x20 life/resistance small charms are allowed.

Resistances and Abosrb

Maximum resistance over 85% is banned.

Stacking resistance in conjunction with maximum resistance at 85% is banned.

Using absorb in conjunction with maximum resistance at 85% is banned.

Only one absorb item may be used, but barbs may use 2 ravens.

Dueling

The game must be in Hell mode.

BO will be cast in front of the town, and then the duelers will host each other.

Returning to town after hostiling results in a loss.

Duels are either first to 3 or to 5, but both people need to agree on this number.

You can only challenge up to two spot ahead of you.

Input and constructive critism is welcome.

• Administrator

then whats the point of having them if everyone isn't allowed to sign up?

say the best necro in bnet didn't know about this, and we have a 100 player max.. the ladders full and he cant get on.. wtf then?

i think we'll keep them open for a while, or i'll discuss it with the staff and see what they think.. i dont see it fair if everyone cant sign up

I think 300 stacked of any res in hell is a good cap

take this foh example:

-100 hell penalty + -150 conviction - 25 foh scepter - 20 griff - 5/5 hoz = -300

also, i'd like to put some sort of rule forward regarding stack + sorb (ty frepont for bringing this up).

Only 1 item of absorb can be used in conjunction with the stack cap.

Ie: 300 stack res + raven on barb vs blizz sorc will still give the blizz sorc a chance.

So we have so far:

ONLY ONE CHARACTER PER PERSON MAY BE USED

Third Party Programs:

No hacks that affect dueling. (Maphack may be used to check for banned items)

Potions:

No dueler may use health or rejuv potions and only non-ES (sorcs) can use mana pots.

Shrines are banned.

Curses and Banned Spells:

No characters may prebuff.

Casting of slow missile and iron maiden are banned, and only necromancers can cast other curses

Necromancers cannot revive. Further more, summon necromancers may us up to 30 warriors OR mages.

Other:

Mercenaries are banned.

No more than 10x15 life/70 mana small charms are allowed.

No more than 10x20 life/resistance small charms are allowed.

Resistances and Absorb:

Maximum resistance over 85% is banned.

Only one absorb item may be used, but barbs may use 2 ravens.

Dueling:

The game must be in Hell mode.

BO will be cast in front of the town, and then the duelers will host each other.

Returning to town after hostiling results in a loss.

Duels are either first to 3 or to 5, but both people need to agree on this number.

You can only challenge up to two spot ahead of you.

Current Issues:

How many people are allowed on the ladde?

Proposed current number is 15-20.

How much res can be stacked?

Keep in mind blizzard sorceresses and FoH paladins, and the fact that the duels will be taking place in hell.

Proposed current cap on stack is 300 res overall, not including anya (since there is anya bug).

What limits should be imposed on stacking and absorbing at the same time?

Proposed limit is one item of sorb in conjunction with 300 (or any other cap) of stacked res.

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I-don't-know-whats?

I agree with you, rike: the missile part of some mh's is unfair, and should be banned.

But we can't stop the regular mh.

And as to that, I feel that the it's the letter, it's the spirit of the rules.

I want some more input on the mh issue.

Also, should dodges count as a loss, or do we go with the rules on the other dtrades rule: if you consistently dodge, you're off/bumped to the bottom of the ladder.

Items designed to slow the oppoenent should be banned. At least for the bvc, this lets them use arachs and doomz on switch for aura pking.

I'm also going to borrow the dtrades procedure for challenging:

When challenging on the ladder, please make your challenge specific in a thread on the ladder in question. I will request that the challenge be accepted on the same thread, and the results be posted on that thread as well as pm'd to the moderator of the ladder in question.

Leaving the moor in any form counts as a loss.

You can only have more than one challenge per day if you are on the recieving end of both of those challenges.

And again: Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I-don't-know-whats?

i agree with the rules, but u need to add something about changing gear. ive been switching my cta with my fathom to bo, cuz i only have one spirit. am i then allowed to switch back to fathom? eh? well?

i also say that only one piece of sorb should be allowed. not one stack and one sorb. like just raven, or just clash or w/e.

if u insist on stack and sorb, just a raven/160 shield or clash/160 shield, etc

if you only have one spirit, i'd think should be fine

if you want to get technical, it's fine since you're not taking something from your inventory, putting it on, casting, then putting it back

but as i said, it's more the spirit of the rules to promote fairness than following them to the letter

there's a difference between what you're doing to putting on a bo helm and wc gcs on a barb to bo

so what you're saying is, you want a smaller amount of stack used in conjunciton with 1 item of sorb?

how does this sound?

"You may only have one piece of equipment used specifically to stack." Do you think we need a cap on this one item?

Idk ling, b/c differnt people use differnt items to stack vs just use as gear. For instance, I use shanks, which always puts me at approx 115 res in hell (after nr) which someone could say is "stacking" but they are just my boots. I think putting a one item cap is alot harder to control than a number. If someone is obviously stacking (i.e. using 300 stacked in hell) they definetly arent using normal gear.

I still fail to see how max light radius is an advantage.

Probably because you have used it all the time, simple enough it's much harder to see the missiles and if someone casts cloak of shadows it's even more difficult.

HUGE ADVANTAGE

I agree with Dustin..MH cannot be used at all. It gives an obvious unfair advantage. I'm not sure how we can enforce the rule, besides requesting screenshots, or just trusting them o_O.

I love the idea of this World ladder, too. :)

when ive dueled gm in the past, sorb works like this:

one item or %sorb or +sorb, and one item with +resist that u dont normally use e.g. 160 shield or hotspurs.

so this means, when facing an orber, u can use one raven and 160 shield, or clash only, as clash adds +sorb and max resist.

for lightning, u can use wisp+160 shield, or just a tgods.

catch on?

Uhh, isn't that what I said?

"Maximum resistance over 85% is banned.

Only one absorb item may be used, but barbs may use 2 ravens."

With the addition of

"You may only have one piece of equipment used specifically to stack."

To word it more clearly: (These are the new proposed resistance and absorb rules).

You may not use absorb over 20%.

You may only use one item of absorb. (But barbs can do their raven thing)

You may not use obtain overall resistances of over 85%.

You may only use one item that adds to your maximum resistance.

You may only use one item to stack your resistances.

(Stack being of course gear you would put on to counter -resistances, ie 160 shields, kiras, silences, etc)

You may use one item of absorb in conjunction with one item used to stack your resistances.

You may not have maximum resistance at, or over 85% in conjunction with the one allowed item of absorb. The only exceptions are for items that have +%maxres and integer absorb at the same time (ie., Thundergods and Snowclash)

This would allow you to do everything you said, rike, in addition to letting barbs choose between 2 ravens and 1 raven + stack.

If you want to say that mh lets you see missiles easier, I could easily argue that since everything else is relatively darker, missiles, become brighter.

But whatever, mh is impossible to reinforce and half the rules on the ladder aren't enforceable with mh banned.

Shit..I do see what you are saying. But couldn't the duelers show each other what they will be using, without going back to stash? That should be simple enough. Before I was thinking this as a tourny, with a third person watching the match..but I remembered that it's not.