1.11 Kuskid's Throw Barb Guide

Rate it.  

172 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

pretty cool build. i was just wondering. what is so advantagous about leap? ive never seen barbs use it in a duel and i was wondering if it does something besides knockback. i went and tried it on a friend in a duel and just kept leaping lmao.. however i couldnt keep him in a stuck lock or anything?

so uhh.. what exactly is leaps purpose/proper use?

Exactly. The fact that most clans have a designated Leaper in team duels says enough for the skill. If a caster tries just teleing by and spamming at you, this'll slow them down long enough for you to get some shots off at them. Before I stripped mine I even got so sometimes I could throw first then Leap and stop them right in front of the stream javs, it looks amazing if you can get it down. I had a video of it I took on fraps but I can't find it now.

2 more questions for ya and a comment :o.

because ive decided to try out your build.

Your using eth throwing weapons and Fortitude to achieve that damage of like 8k and 13k max correct? Because for me using non eth weaps and enigma heh... dmg isnt even close to that X_x.

Next question.

ISO: Mana Steal. Lol.. i seem to have none. even though double throw only cost 2 mana, if get hit in hell mode its basically bye bye mana and i hate using pots. Is there a way to get around that without losing out on gear (basically then only thing i can sacrifice from my set up is maybe gloves or belt but i would really like to keep draculs cause its amazing, but then nosferatu and the MF belt are the only belts with 10% ias.)?

and the comment.. Leap is gay, i still cant seem to use it correctly in 1v1 duels. To get a NL i just walk right over usually because barbs have a ton of frw and because my leap hardly even goes any distance.

EDIT: Oh yeah. Is knock back good for double throw?

2 more questions for ya and a comment :o.

because ive decided to try out your build.

Your using eth throwing weapons and Fortitude to achieve that damage of like 8k and 13k max correct? Because for me using non eth weaps and enigma heh... dmg isnt even close to that X_x.

Next question.

ISO: Mana Steal. Lol.. i seem to have none. even though double throw only cost 2 mana, if get hit in hell mode its basically bye bye mana and i hate using pots. Is there a way to get around that without losing out on gear (basically then only thing i can sacrifice from my set up is maybe gloves or belt but i would really like to keep draculs cause its amazing, but then nosferatu and the MF belt are the only belts with 10% ias.)?

and the comment.. Leap is gay, i still cant seem to use it correctly in 1v1 duels. To get a NL i just walk right over usually because barbs have a ton of frw and because my leap hardly even goes any distance.

EDIT: Oh yeah. Is knock back good for double throw?

Yes, I used eth Shrike/eth Wraith with a bunch of 3/20/20's and 3/20/5's. I'd actually recommend getting some 10/60+/35+ gc's because you're gonna have a ton of life regrdless, this'll give you more damage, and you'll need all the AR you can get vs. most pallies.

Can't really think of any way to help you out with the mana besides gloves. ^_^ Sorry. If you're talking strictly pvm here, you could probably get away with switching out a Raven for a Manald Heal.

I developed a feel for Leap and got to where I could use it pretty effectively against casters that were just too defensive to catch. But if you're better without it, you can play around with points into WW, Zerk, Shout (wouldn't recommend it), or more into Frenzy. This character's all about originality, so you shouldn't think of the skill layout a cookie cutter at all.

I used Cleg's gloves vs. bowazons sometimes to make sure they couldn't get away, but that was about the only time I ever really tried it. I prefered the other bonuses I got from Drac's or Bloodfist. It's definitely worth trying if you make a thrower, though.

EDIT: For your second post- That's my damage with Fort. Eth Lacerators and eth Shrikes do very similar max damage, Shrikes have much higher min though. I'd have to see his stats and gear to tell you how he managed that much without charms.

Yes, I used eth Shrike/eth Wraith with a bunch of 3/20/20's and 3/20/5's.

Ok. So are you using Fortitude or Nigma?

i cant tell because your dmg is up to 8.3k so it can come from 3/20's. because my friend uses 0 charms on his throw barb.. and i let him borrow my fortitude and with his eth lacerator he can thow 8k. and eth lacerator and eth warshrike have similar dmg.

so im guessin your using enigma maybe?

or is it because the eth lacerators maximum dmg is so much higher he can hit 8k? because his minimum dmg is in the 850's with fort.

Well I made a thrower barb too.Same gear,same stats,same skills,but I always get owned by those chars in pub games:

FarCast CS zon = Well no1 got a chance against those newbs

WW barb = It's wrote throwers have no chance neways

Some bowazon = They hit all time they shoot,using faith...

And my dmgs are 8k,not 13k.Need to get ETH Warshrike tho,and eth lacerator for AMP.

Tip: Get some ghouls near the village entrance,when ready to duel,kill one with frenzy,you'll throw like 2395235 javs a sec ^^'

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Ling. And yeah, my last couple characters have been a Mage, Fury Druid, Singer, and a Throw barb. You gotta have some fun with your characters, if you don't enjoy them, then it's not even a game anymore, just a bad habit. I've got friends that love their WW Barbs. I happened to enjoy my thrower.

Anyways, my Mage needs a few more things, but right now, he's not quite what I was hoping he would be, I just don't have the touch with him. I'm gonna get the rest of his stuff before I decide if I'm gonna scrap him or not, but if I do scrap him, you can expect a re-release in the next couple weeks with hybrids included in it.

• 3 weeks later...

o_O

I read the first part of your guide again, and found quite a large mistake.

*Warshrike - I really recommend this weapon. 50% Deadly Strike, on top of great base speed (-20), and IAS (30). Good base and IAS means you can just look for damage in your other hand, and still have decent speed.

DS on a weapon will only apply for that weapon, not the weapon in the other hand.

I worded that pretty poorly, I see what you mean. What I meant was Shrike's got a nice enough base speed, and enough IAS to where you can use a big ugly slow damage dealer next to it, and still maintain a fast enough attack to compete in pvp. I didn't mean because of the DS. That'll be reworded when I remake the guide, thanks Ling. And if anyone sees anything else that I missed or that just doesn't look right, please post it. I want this thing perfect next time.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I worded that pretty poorly, I see what you mean. What I meant was Shrike's got a nice enough base speed, and enough IAS to where you can use a big ugly slow damage dealer next to it, and still maintain a fast enough attack to compete in pvp. I didn't mean because of the DS. That'll be reworded when I remake the guide, thanks Ling. And if anyone sees anything else that I missed or that just doesn't look right, please post it. I want this thing perfect next time.

i didnt see any mention about godly rare weps. include somethign about nice rare weps to aim to get. ie eth replinish ias fools ed etc...

i didnt see any mention about godly rare weps. include somethign about nice rare weps to aim to get. ie eth replinish ias fools ed etc...

I mentioned that any questions on rares could be posted, since they can vary so much, but it probably wouldn't hurt to get into what mods to look for. Obviously there's damage, speed, and self-repair, but a paragraph on why fire damage is godly, etc. wouldn't hurt. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

wow I just read this and I feel like making one. this guide is excelent very comprehensive and EVERYTHING is there.

also an easy character to build (itemwise...maybe besides the charms)

Pro guide Kus B)

EDIT: I just thought of something...regardless to GM or BM...warshrike > lacerator? also, since ill be using either warshrike or lacerator combined with wraith flight...thats is still going to be an axe/spear combo. boost spear mastery/axe mastery for that matter?

plz feel free to PM me

P.S. I'd like to know why 7 ppl voted this guide as "Garbage" plz explain...

• 2 weeks later...
It also adds one more to BO, and you lose the +3 to Shout (unimportant), forgot to mention those 2 parts. I used 2x Echoings because I needed the strength so I don't lose Arreat's while I BOed. And if you can get the specially proc'd/ctc ones I mentioned, you can have a lot of fun with them. But yeah, if you do go with one CTA, get a 3 BOer (higher won't add any more), and don't bother with the point into Battle Command. Nice catch Hawtie.

You would only lose 2 to shout because it's +1 all skills 1-3 bo (for barb).

• 8 months later...
Yes, that's why I recommended the point into Fury. But, you also need to keep in mind that if you're using the Wraith Flight/War Shrike bug, then it changes your attack speed, and you'll end up throwing a knife and a jav. So yes, it can be nice, but I'd only recommend it with 2 javs equipped.

As for high defense characters: you're screwed. There are some really lopsided pvp matchups in this game: FoH vs. Windy, WW vs. non-block Sorc, Smiter vs. Zealot, etc. This is another one of those. You just aren't going to beat them in a 1v1 duel if they're any good.

Oh yeah, and as for the damage, a couple weeks ago I was in a Baal game with a bunch of Pallies. Here's what happened (this is before I put the 3/20/20's on there, too):

screenshot1606nk.jpg

If anybody would like to see just how he does, send me a PM or try *Kuskid on Bnet (USEast NL).

Thats the damage with Pally's aura correct? what about before charms and before the aura application?

• 6 months later...
Yes, that's why I recommended the point into Fury. But, you also need to keep in mind that if you're using the Wraith Flight/War Shrike bug, then it changes your attack speed, and you'll end up throwing a knife and a jav. So yes, it can be nice, but I'd only recommend it with 2 javs equipped.

As for high defense characters: you're screwed. There are some really lopsided pvp matchups in this game: FoH vs. Windy, WW vs. non-block Sorc, Smiter vs. Zealot, etc. This is another one of those. You just aren't going to beat them in a 1v1 duel if they're any good.

Oh yeah, and as for the damage, a couple weeks ago I was in a Baal game with a bunch of Pallies. Here's what happened (this is before I put the 3/20/20's on there, too):

screenshot1606nk.jpg

If anybody would like to see just how he does, send me a PM or try *Kuskid on Bnet (USEast NL).

Thats the damage with Pally's aura correct? what about before charms and before the aura application?

I'm actually just getting back into d2 after not really playing for the whole time I was at school, so I really couldn't tell you how the damage was way back when. That S/S was taken (if I remember correctly) before I put the 3/20/20s on there, though. I ended up stripping him a short time before I quit to mess around with some new characters, otherwise I'd check for you.

That said, keep your eyes open. Kuskid, my new hybrid Barb, is level 43 right now, and is an Arreat's, a couple of jewels, and a Gargoyle's away from being ready to go. Expect another new guide relatively soon if I have any sort of success with him.

• 1 year later...