Can't host on WarCraft3?

lmaonster

Ok Here is exactly what you do.

Go to Run. Type cmd.

A Dos window will appear. Type in ipconfig/all

A list of internet protocols will appear. Keep this window open.

Go to Control Panel/Network Connections. Find which one connects you to the internet. Right Click it and go to properties. In the list at the top, you'll see a TCP/IP selection. Highlight that and click properties. Unclick Find Automatically. And Click Manual. And fill in the appropiate fields from the Dos Window. The DNS are in order, respectively. Now you have a static Ip. It may work the other ways, but if your Ip switches, it won't. So this is to keep it the same.

Now go to http://192.168.1.1 Pass is admin/admin.

Go to port forwarding. Type in Field 6112-6119 ports and open both TCP/UDP. And it will have 192.168.1.(blank) Type in the blank area your Static Ip ending. Mine is 103.

Save settings.

Then go to Warcraft, and host it up.

when i clikc the link and put in the user name and password, it doesn't work. im pretty sure its because of my router..

help? ^_^

whoever set up ur router may have changed the password, reset your router by unplugging it for like 10 mins then when you plug it back in it should be reset to default... or if your using a different modem then the one I am using, it may just be admin with no password or username and password at all.

i forget the exact model number, i will go upstairs and check sooner or later when im less busy, sorry :S It is a Netcore router. That's right, Netcore, no mistakes.

it is like a fully asian brand or some shit.. the guy who made my computer 9who was very asian) sold it to me when i bought the computer itself, so..

i have reset my router a few times, so that's not the problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Go to port forwarding. Type in Field 6112-6119 ports and open both TCP/UDP. And it will have 192.168.1.(blank) Type in the blank area your Static Ip ending. Mine is 103.

Save settings.

i did everything fine up untill here, but what ever the link was it doesnt work and im not sure what to do <_<

model of router is a Belkin F5D7230-4

Guys lmaonster is gone or rarely comes here anymore....the basic way this works is still correct. But you will have to go to the site of your router, look in your manual, or call your router manufacturer to find out what ip address you go to to access your router functions. Also you will need to find out what your factory user/pass are.....admin/admin is for linksys and some routers use other things for the factory settings.

I don't know them all but you will have to improvise or call your router. Other than that you can try pm'ing lmaonster but I don't think he is coming back....you might try asking for some more help in the computer section.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Go to Run. Type cmd.

Go to Control Panel/Network Connections. Find which one connects you to the internet. Right Click it and go to properties. In the list at the top, you'll see a TCP/IP selection. Highlight that and click properties. Unclick Find Automatically. And Click Manual. And fill in the appropiate fields from the Dos Window. The DNS are in order, respectively. Now you have a static Ip. It may work the other ways, but if your Ip switches, it won't. So this is to keep it the same.

Save settings.

sometimes its just ur firewall stopping u and all u gota do is put in port 4112 btw

• 1 year later...

Go to Run. Type cmd.

Save settings.

sometimes its just ur firewall stopping u and all u gota do is put in port 4112 btw

where do you get port 4112 from? ... blizzard only uses ports 6112-6118

also the ip for dlink uses

192.168.0.1 and they use admin/blank

Go to Run. Type cmd.

Save settings.

seto, he posted well over a month ago. lol

Go to Run. Type cmd.

Save settings.

seto, he posted well over a month ago. lol

LOLS i just realized it was over a year ago, my bad.. its just cuz i recently started looking here cuz i jsut got warcraft3 back =p