PvP Fast-cast WW/Kick/Stun Assassin Guide

NOTES ON POISON DAMAGE

Poison (i.e. venom in our case) has several features that make it very desirable for our assassin. 

First: the double application bug/feature

When +% skill mods are applied, they act once when venom is cast, and then again when it is applied.

Example

Level 45 venom = 1260 average damage over .4 seconds

When cast with trangs gloves, this becomes: 1260 x 1.25  = 1575 over .4 sec.

When you attack someone, the trangs bonus acts AGAIN on this new total yielding: 1968 over .4 sec.

So the bonus actually acts on itself.  Nice for us.

so that means this bug will work with bramble too right?

so if i equiped trang+bramble would it apply the 75% extra dmg twice? or will it only come from 1 items?

EDIT: will it also work with facets? and is this bug still valid for v1.11 (since most guides were written for 1.10)?

Yes, it works with bramble and facets. It's no so clear it's a bug. It may have been intentional.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that a facet messed up your poison damage because of the added dmg on the facet.

Any idea if this is still true/still is?

No, venom just does to the integer venom increment from a facet what it does to the integer increment from a psn charm or other source, renders it basically useless. The damage boost due to % skill works like it should.

This is definately one of THE BEST guides I have ever seen in my lifetime. Many other guides are good/decent, but this guide is truly amazing. It covers almost every aspect of PvP with a WW/Kicker. Here's the link to an easier version to read, because it has Links to each section of the guide: http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=590

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick notes (take these for what they are worth):

1. After playing with the giant skull a great deal I no longer carry it in my stash. It's not on par with the other helms. It's only very narrowly useful.

2. For pure melee match-ups (bramble mode) where trapping is minimal I now wear a suwayyah chaos for the added damage over a runic or feral.

3. For some pure melee match-ups (again, bramble mode), where I can do without the AR bonus from my circlet, I wear a JAH'd shako. AR still comes in at about 20K or so, which is usually fine.

4. I no longer carry the 2x psn faceted +3 shadow helm. The big damage boost on that helm comes from the -psn res but with only -10%, it's just too easy to overcome with only minor stacking, stacking that any decent dueler will always have available.

Also, new strats coming up for successfully dueling BvB's in pure whirl mode.

Also, auto-aim is making a comeback. I will be revisting how to fight auto-aiming bone necros (which are very annoying indeed).